Diana Build Guide by Keylay
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey everyone, this is my first MobaFire Guide. Please feel free to leave comments and/or criticisms.
Diana is a big threat in Dominion, and in this guide I hope to shed some light on what to build and what order to build it in. Diana is able to withstand a lot of punishment while dishing out a great deal of damage herself. With the right set of items, and some practice, you can be sure to see the enemy run in fear as you approach a tower.
- High Survivability
- Great Damage output
- Great Tower Diver
- Can survive 2v1's with ease/practice
- Looks awesome!
- Has a tendency to get focused and CC'd
- Can be easily kited early game
- Can get a feeling of overconfidence (haha)
- I use the Insight Marks because they give your abilities great damage against champs who do not stack magic resist, or who do not stack enough.
- Great for allowing you to almost spam Crescent Strike and Pale Cascade. Having those on a short CD can sometimes mean the difference between a kill or death.
- Again, another rune that will allow you to get the best damage output out of your abilities.
- Pure ability power, helping Crescent Strike to do its absolute maximum damage.
A lot of people have been debating about going with AD instead of AP for Diana trying for more damage out of her auto attacks. Unfortunately this is not the best option. Dianas abilities are her bread and butter, and going AP will allow you to get the best DPS out of her.
- Great ability for Dominion. I use it right in the beginning of the match to rush to the first speed boost, and then straight to the Windmill for the team fight. Ghost gives you that extra speed to be able to make it to the top with some time to start the capture. A lot of the time the other team is too late, or they end up getting
there as the rest of your team does, initiating the team fight.
- Another great ability for Dominion. In my experience with Diana, Flash can be used in numerous ways, whether it is catching up to an enemy who is almost dead, closing the gap to fire your Crescent Strike for the final hit, or for you to use your Lunar Rush Ult with a Moonfall to easily melt your opponent. If you are in a tight spot, why not use it to reach a safe distance away to get some health, or set up another set or your rotation. (I'll get into that in a bit)
Other Good Abilities
- A great ability for that extra help catching an enemy, or limiting their damage if they are a heavy hitter.
- Great for getting back out to the fight in a close game to defend a tower, or to capture a tower. It could be the difference between being a hero for the team, or losing the match.
Not Recommended Abilities
- I choose to not pick up Ignite for Dominion because that little extra push does not help as much as the speed you get from Ghost or the Utility you get from Flash.
- Smite, again not as useful as the others.
First lets take a look at the skills Diana has in her arsenal.
- Crescent Strike is an beam of moonlight fired in an arc towards your enemy. It is a little tough to master, seeing as it is an arced skill shot, but once mastered you will be able to land a well placed Crescent Strike on a low health fleeing enemy to get the kill. It also infects the target with Moonlight, but more on that in a bit. I max this first.
- Pale Cascade places three balls of light around Diana. The orbit her until they hit an enemy. Once the final ball of light explodes on an enemy, a shield is placed around Diana. This skill is one of the most useful that is why I max this second. In a team fight in the middle of the chaos this can save your life. Throw on your Pale Cascade and watch the enemies life melt as they try to destroy you. This timed with a good Crescent Strike and Moonfall can be deadly.
- Moonfall is one of my favorites. It pulls in surrounding enemies and slows them for a time. Hitting enemies with this and instantly using your Pale Cascade will ensure that most if not all of your spheres will detonate.
- Lunar Rush is simply amazing. I can not find anything wrong with this Ult. It has a low CD, and if your target is infected with Moonlight (see Crescent Strike) this move automatically refreshes (NO COOLDOWN!). That makes this move spammable twice, and it does GREAT damage when leveled.
Now Diana does not have a "sequence" or "rotation" per say. She is more of a situational Champion. Like I stated earlier, in a 1 v 1 you can hit them with a well placed Crescent Strike, use Lunar Rush, then use your Moonfall, then Pale Cascade and watch them try to flee. If they are able to get out of range, your Lunar Rush should have no CD, so pop Lunar Rush and start all over. It takes some practice, but pays off once you master it.
I always max out Crescent Strike first as it is your main form of damage. After maxing out Crescent Strike I max out Pale Cascade, then Lunar Rush, and then Moonfall. Seeing that Moonfall is a form of CC and Diana is a heavy hitter, I always max that last.
In summary Diana is a big threat in Dominion, and deserves to be feared. Like I said before some of her abilities do take some practice to master, but once you do your score will jump big time. If anyone has any criticism or questions, please leave comments. This was my first guide here on Moba and I had a great time. Thank you for reading and good luck shredding the opposite team.