Diana Build Guide by GreenFrogs
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Build currently in progress. Feel free to judge to the parts that are complete, but please no negative responses for areas that aren't complete yet. That includes the item build, as the cheat sheet just scratches the surface. Thank you.
Diana, the Scorn of the Moon; good choice! A fantastic champion that can jungle and mid lane, and a great snowball champion. Very strong and capable of dishing out burst while maintaining an off-tank status. Currently one of my favorite champions and immensely fun to play. In this guide I'm going to show you potential item builds, how to jungle, how to gank, and how to make squishies explode while you leave the rest of the team wondering why you're still alive after fountain diving.
WARNING: You will not actually be able to fountain dive. You're not a fed Sion. Sorry.
Big big thanks to JhoiJhoi for her awesome guide to guides and the dividers. Thanks :)
...And here's some music. Awesome song.
Who is the Scorn of the Moon?
Diana is a versatile, powerful champion that excels in the jungle and in mid lane. She can burst priority targets down while disrupting teamfights with her Moonfall and immediately reach targets with Lunar Rush. A very fun snowball champion that has unlimited potential. But if you don't know too much about her, it's always a good idea to check out her past...
An unyielding avatar of the moon's power, Diana wages a dark crusade against the sun-worshiping Solari. Though she once sought the acceptance of her people, years of futile struggle shaped her into a bitter, resentful warrior. She now presents her foes with a terrible ultimatum: revere the moon's light, or die by her crescent blade.
Though she was born to the Solari, Diana's inquisitive nature set her apart from her brethren. She had always found solace and guidance in the night sky, and questioned the dominance of the sun in her society. The Solari elders responded to her challenges with only derision and punishment. Diana remained convinced, however, that if she could find evidence of the moon's power, the elders would listen to reason. For years, she studied Solari archives in solitude until she discovered an encoded message hidden in an old tome. This clue led her to a secluded valley on Mount Targon where she unearthed the hidden entrance to an ancient, sealed temple. Inside, among aging relics and faded murals, she found an ornate suit of armor and a beautiful crescent blade, both inscribed with sigils of the moon. Diana donned the armaments and returned to the Solari elders that night. She declared that the artifacts proved others had once worshiped the moon as she did. Her discovery of evidence challenging Solari dominion shocked the elders. To Diana's horror, they pronounced her a heretic and condemned her to death. As the elders prepared her for execution, Diana's anger and sorrow overwhelmed her desire for acceptance. She lifted her gaze to the sky, calling upon the moon for strength. Lunar power surged within her and she shattered her bindings. Raising her relic blade, she turned and slaughtered the elders. With the temple in ruins behind her, Diana resolved to destroy all those who would deny the power of the moon.
"The sun does not reveal truth. Its light only burns and blinds."
By the way, if you get the waterbending reference, you're awesome :)
- Moonsilver Blade: Diana gains 20% additional attack speed. Every third strike cleaves nearby enemies for 20 / 25 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 / 155 / 175 / 195 / 215 / 240 / 265 / 290 (+0.6 per ability power) additional magic damage.
- Crescent Strike: Diana unleashes a bolt of lunar energy, dealing magic damage in an arc. Crescent Strike afflicts enemies struck with Moonlight, revealing them for 3 seconds. Strong ability that arcs in a unique way and can hit multiple targets. If you use Lunar Rush immediately after they are hit, there will be no cooldown.
- Pale Cascade: Diana creates three orbiting spheres that last up to 4 seconds and detonate on contact with enemies, dealing magic damage in an area. She also gains a temporary shield that absorbs damage. This shield is refreshed if her third sphere detonates. The weakest of her abilities, which is saying something considering it's not too bad. Does a moderate amount of damage and gives a "double" shield similar to Lux's Prismatic Barrier.
- Moonfall: Diana draws in all nearby enemies and slows them for 2 seconds. Excellent CC. While it does no damage, it disrupts and slows all enemies inside of it making it invaluable for a team fight and for ganking.
- Lunar Rush: Diana becomes the living embodiment of the vengeful moon, teleporting to an enemy and dealing magic damage. Super strong ultimate that provides great utility and has no cooldown if the enemy is afflicted with Moonlight. If you're sure you'll get the kill, you can use it twice in quick succession for incredible burst. Similar to Akali's Shadow Dance.