Diana Build Guide by Toastawaffle
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Note: This is a jungle guide.(In the rare case that you didn't read the title.)
-If you wish to use her mid or top, look elsewhere.
On that note Diana was intentionally made for the jungle, and hence I play her as such. Using this build I come to find that I have enough burst and tankyness to burst down carries and squishy supports, while still surviving cc and damage from other sources. In addition the CDR, and built in AS this build provides will allow you to continue fighting after your abilities go on CD for your passive should deal plenty of damage while you wait for you abilities to come off CD.
Pros / Cons
A Quick Masteries Run-Down
- Diana's passive, and hence I pick up the additional attack speed to increase the number of procs we get from her passive.
- Diana DESPERATELY needs. Especially looking towards her E Moonfall.
- Mercury's Treads or, Ninja Tabi.
- Smite while we jungle, we are going to want to get that extra 10g per use.
- Diana being the squishy champion she is, lacks Armor and hence we pick up this mastery in combination with our runes for a proper defense while jungling.
- Diana has a very low health pool, and hence this mastery helps that pool to grow for the mid/late game.
Other Viable Choices
- Ghost or Exhaust on Diana this is a completely viable choice. (Summoner spells will be looked at in depth later.) I suggest sacrificing a point in
if you wish to use this mastery.
( Tough Skin and, Bladed Armor )- These two masteries are completely viable choices for jungling; I just don't have enough experience with them on Diana to praise them. Sacrifice points in Veteran's Scars and Durability if you choose this path.
- Resistance it will help you a lot if the enemy team has a LeBlanc or something of that nature.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Greater Seal of Armor
The Runes of the Trade
Diana's rune page is really more or less a preference based page, and hence I will show you my favorite choices, and then proceed to provide alternative choices.
- Diana deal her damage despite defenses an enemy might have, and are essential when I decide to run Mercury's Treads.
- Moonsilver Blade.
- ONLY option for Diana jungle. She ABSOLUTELY needs this armor, she starts off with very minimal armor at level 1 (20 to be exact,) which makes her extremely squishy. There can be no substitution here.
- Diana these runes provide additional defensive capability both in the mid and late game, and provide her with some of the tankyness she needs when jumping into the middle of an enemy team.
- Diana. They provide her with 15 ability power at level one. which is Crucial to her early game clear speed.
- Amplifying Tome; however, I'm still testing this, if other people receive good results with these I'll be more than happy to fully endorse them.
- Pale Cascade - This is the reason you can jungle. Without this ability, Diana would have been a god awful jungler. The shield it provides has an excellent AP ratio (.4 for the shield, and .2 for the damage.) However, the fact that we can get the shield TWICE is an astounding thing to have; hence we take 2 points in this early but max it second.
- Crescent Strike - This ability is your bread and butter damage. The crescent shaped skill shot, although awkward at time, will more than likely get the job done. Combined with your ultimate Lunar Rush you do tons of burst very quickly, while leaving your ult off cd for additional damage if need be. Get this ability at level 2 and max it first.
- Moonfall - The only reason you can gank is this ability. Like Orianna's ultimate this ability works like a Dyson Vacuum, and sucks everyone into you within a certain radius, and then slows them down. This in combination with other hard cc can easily secure a kill. Grab a point a level 4 but max it last
- Lunar Rush - Your ultimate ability what else is there to say, the dash it provides gives great damage and mobility, while at the same time having one of the shortest ultimate cd in the game, (aside from Jayce but he doesn't count.) Max this ability whenever possible.
Summoner Spells, When and Why.
The Best of The Best
- If you are jungling you MUST take this spell. There is NO alternative. If you don't take this, you WILL lose buffs, you WILL lose dragons, and you MOST DEFINITELY lose Baron Nashor , in other words, TAKE THE SPELL.
- Of course I should bring up the infamous Flash. This summoner spell currently dominates the Meta, and hence you will most likely take this spell because of its versatility, allowing you to both engage and escape with a single spell.
The Meh Tier
- This spell is just okay. The main problem is that it has the same range as Moonfall, but taking this means you sacrifice Flash or Ghost, therefore you have NO escape-ability. Hence this spell leaves you in an all in situation, and is not preferred.
The What were you Thinking Tier
Items: Explanations And Alternatives
- They provide a small amount of magic resistance which will help you survive burst from early game based casters. (ie. LeBlanc.)
- Secondly they provide Tenacity this stat is amazing because it decreases the duration of CC. This is HUGE since there are only a couple other items that provide this stat, ( and quite frankly the other options are bloody terrible.)
- It provides MP5 which is huge on a mana hungry monster like Diana, therefore getting this item helps you stay on the map without having to recall for longer amounts of time.
- Secondly it provides Ability Power which on an ap jungle is absolutely essential.
- It also provides a nice Attack Speed boost, which greatly helps to increase the damage output from your passive Moonsilver Blade.
- Finally this item provides Cool-Down Reduction which is crucial on Diana because of her relatively long cool-downs.
Log / Change Notes
- August 11 - Added Most of the initial explanations.
- August 18 - Added Masteries and Skill Sequence
- August 25 - Added the first 2 Core Items
What's Coming Next? (In Order)
- More Items Explanation / Alternatives
- In Depth Jungling Route
- Ganking and How to
- Ability Combos