Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys, thanks for checking out my Gragas build!
Gragas is a crazy good harasser, and a great spellcaster/tank combo. He's a great part of any team and is a ton of fun to play!
- Great farmer the whole game
- Big range with his barrels***
- Good ulti to do massive damage and bring an enemy to you***
- Good chaser with body slam
- Can pass through thin walls with body slam
- Can stay long early game while laning
- Short ultimate cooldown***
- People can avoid your barrels (try detonating yourself to give them less time to avoid)
- Ult doesn't always help you (can push enemies away from ganks)
Gragas is really good early game. His barrels do a lot of damage and the range keeps the enemies back and exp starves them. Conserve mana, Drunken rage doesn't give you that much mana, and it has a medium cooldown. Make sure you keep using Drunken Rage, the buff helps a lot, and it gives you mana... Combined with your passive you're also getting lots of HP. You should be able to stay in your lane for a long time and farm like crazy.
You should have plenty of AP by now, and should start ganking. As long as you follow the item build, you should be able to get a few kills and build up those stacks up on Mejai's Soulstealer. You need those stacks, when you get 20 you get 15% cooldown reduction which helps a ton with Barrel Roll and Body Slam.
You should start working on your last two items, these are expensive, but give you massive AP. Make sure you keep your stacks for Mejai's Soulstealer. When you get Zhonya's your AP should be over the top, and you should be able to kills hero's very easily, doing 700+ with abilities.
Other Notes -
* Chasing - Use Ghost to catch up, and Body Slam to stop them. When chasing, throw barrels in front of them, and make sure when you use your Ult to knock them back into you. Exhaust helps when chasing, for the armor/magic resist reduction.
* Remote Detonation - Make sure you detonate your barrels yourself. If you let them sit minions/champions can easily avoid them. If you throw a barrel and it won't hit anything, just wait and let it detonate, theres a small chance it might hit something...
* Laning - Never lane by yourself, support the other person in your lane and harass the other heroes. $$$Farm as much as possible$$$
* Mana - Don't go crazy throwing barrels left and right, use them wisely. Drunken Rage doesn't give tons of mana, so farm/harass wisely and don't waste mana, this hero can burn through it really fast.
If everything works, and you have all if the stacks, you should have just under 900 AP!!!
And thats my Gragas build! Comments and feedback are very welcome! Enjoy!