Bard Jungle/Support Build
Supportive Defensive Items
Threats to Bard with this build
|Evelynn||Another hero to watch out for is Evelyn, especially in late games. She can hunt down any hero is her invisibility. Make sure to place wards so that you can expect her coming.|
Hey guys, this is Dragoleonix. This is my first guide of the champion Bard, The Wandering Caretaker. It's actually my first time to create a guide here. So if you have any comments or suggestions or even any feed backs, I will happily comply.
So here we have Bard, the Wandering Caretaker. A lot of players in my country, the Philippines, rarely used this hero. But considering it's skills and gameplay, Bard is a very good support hero that complies in roaming across the map to support his allies by healing them
and toping off with his ultimate skill to rescue them in times of danger. I will be explaining more of Bard's skills in the latter chapters. But for now that's all the information I could give.
Note: I have already updated this guide for Season 6, removing the items chapter.
Pros / Cons
- Tactical Support
- Gains XP just by picking up Chimes. It will also restore mana.
- Caretaker's Shrine gives of health to allies around the map.
- Magical Journey grants mobility.
- Using Bard is very difficult and farming with Bard is a bit slow.
- Using Cosmic Binding to stun heroes is tricky.
- Enemies can also use Magical Journey portal.
- You will need five chimes to upgrade your Meeps. It will take long.(trust me!)
Ok so again, we have Bard the Wandering Caretaker. Bard is a support/mage that benefits in roaming around the map. Bard's role is to disable, heal, and provide mobility to all allied champions around the map.
So here are his skills:
Passive Ability: Traveler's Call
Traveler's Call has two sub skills.
Ancient Chimes randomly appear on the whole Summoner's Rift. When Bard picks up these chimes, he gains experience points, 12% of his maximum mana, and a stacking movement speed buff. Additionally, picking up five chimes empowers your Meeps. So by just roaming around the rift, you can gain XP. When jungling be sure to collect as much chimes as you can before killing a jungle monster.
Every 10-6 seconds(the Meep generation time depends how many chimes you have already picked)Bard summons cute little spirits known as Meeps. Meeps empowers Bard's attacks dealing bonus magic damage, slows enemies after picking up 5 chimes, deal area of effect damage in a cone behind them at 25 chimes, and applies spell-hit effects(mind you!). If you think that you are wasting your meeps as you attack, try to turn off the auto attack option in the options or constantly press "S." Your Meeps are precious so don't go wasting them off on lane minions during chases or clashes.
"Q" skill: Cosmic Binding
In Cosmic Binding, Bard fires a projectile in a targeted direction that deals damage to the first enemy it hits and slows them. The projectile continues until it reaches it's maximum range. If it hits another enemy unit, the iniital and the second enemy are both damaged and stunned. If the projectile hits a wall, the initial enemy is stunned as well. Using Cosmic Binding is tricky on enemy champions but it is a useful tool when jungling. Imagine the disable the jungle monsters can get.
"W" skill: Caretaker's Shrine
Bard target's an area and spawns a Caretaker's Shrine in the location or to the point a health pack. The shrine grants health and bonus movement speed to allies who pick it. If the health pack is not picked up for ten seconds the shrine is empowered granting more health to an ally who pick it. Enemies who step on the shrine crushes it. You can only place a maximum of three shrines, by the way. Be sure to place a Caretaker's Shrine before attacking a jungle monster. You can also place Caretaker Shrines near towers so that you can help your allies survive in their lanes.
"E" skill: Magical Journey
Casting Magical Journey allows Bard to spawn a one-directional portal in any terrain that extends up to the end part of that terrain. The portal lasts for 10 seconds and all allies(yup including enemies) can use the portal by simply right-clicking in it. Allies who pass through the portal gains bonus movement speed. If you are nagging at enemies who use your portals during escapades, just combo it with a "Q" once they reach the end of the portal. You can also use this skill in ganks for easy mobility.
"R" skill: Tempered Fate
When using Tempered Fate, Bard targets an area, and after a few seconds delay, all units within the area are placed in a Stasis mode for two and a half seconds. This means that they are stunned and they cannot use any skill or item but they are unaffected by and type of damage and debuff. This skill applies to ALL UNITS. Yup, ALL UNITS! It includes the Dragon and of course, Baron Neshor. This skill is also applied to towers as well. Tempered Fate can be either a useful or an irritating skill. It can be a life-saver and a good setting skill during clashes or can also be a bad skill if used wrongfully. Just make sure to carefully plan the use of this skill.
For the ability sequence in jungling Bard:
Below is the ability sequence for Bard at lane:
Some Tips and Tricks
For tips and tricks, here it goes.
1. Perfecting Tempered Fate.
To master the use of Bard's ultimate skill, Tempered Fate, you must take note that this skill puts all units in a targeted area in a stasis mode, whether ally or enemy. So carefully plan on how to use this skill. One way of using this skill is for setting purposes. Say for instance there are a bunch of enemy champions pushing your inhibitor tower. You can use this skill to put them all in the stasis mode and as the same time, protect you tower. Once they're all in the Stasis mode, you team must coordinate quickly to finish them off. Another good use of Tempered Fate is that it's very useful for chases. Whenever you are chased are your team is chasing down an enemy, use Tempered Fate to disable them. This grants you a lot of time for you to escape or to take down your enemy in chases.
2. Mastering Cosmic Binding.
If you are still starting to use Bard, you may have a bit of a difficulty to use Cosmic Binding, Bard's first skill. If you want to really inflict that precious stun, here are some points to consider.
- Try hitting it first in minions during lane fights. As it progresses it may hit an enemy champion behind them.
- Another thing is that this skill can stun if it hits terrains. So you may as well consider this note when fighting in the jungle area.
- Finally try to combo this after using Tempered Fate that disabled two enemy champions. You may find it very effective.
- Don't forget that even if you can't hit the precious stun, it can still be of use because of the slow. So it can still be effective during escapades or chases.
3. How to rightly place Caretaker's Shrine
In using Bard's second skill, take these notes:
- For starters, whenever you jungle, make sure to place a Caretaker's Shrine behind you before attacking a Jungle Creep. While attacking continue to place Caretaker's Shrines behind you and when you ran out of health, step on them.
- In lanes, place them near towers so that you can protect it from enemies that might destroy it. Don't pick it up yet so that you can have bonus health amounts. Just wait for ten seconds.
- For quick heals and for a quick grant of movement speed spawn it at the allies. You can do it by targeting your skill on them.