Elise Build Guide by Kothaex
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This Elise guide is sketchy at best, as the champion was just released. I don't claim to be the best Elise jungler around, i'm definitely not, but i'm here to try and help you out. I will be continually updating this guide, and the process is a lot faster if you leave constructive feedback in the comments section. Thanks.
NOTE: Do not take the above information as the best possible way to build Elise. It is constantly tweaked, and you must also build situationally.
Pros and Cons
- Nice burst damage.
- Having both ranged and melee forms gives you adaptability.
- Spider form abilities have no cost, you can continue to fight with no mana.
- Slow and risky jungle start.
- Not naturally very resilient.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Greater Seal of Armor
- Magic Pen Marks, effectively removes the first chunk of the enemy's magic resist.
- Armour Seals - This reduces physical damage, helping in the jungle.
- AP Glyphs - Speeds up jungle camp clear time.
- AP Quints - Speeds up jungle camp clear time.
I take Butcher for a faster clear time, while the rest of Offense is generic AP damage.
Arcane knowledge gives a huge advantage against magic resistance throughout the game.
I take Summoner's Resolve for the extra gold on Smite. If you continue to use smite whenever it finishes cooling down, typically on the large golem camp, you will amass a nice amount of gold.
Minion damage reduction, armour and health allows you to more safely clear the first few jungle camps.
I don't take any points in Utility personally, but you might consider taking Summoner's Insight for the Flash cooldown reduction, Improved Recall to lessen jungle downtime, Scout to increase your ward ranges and Runic Affinity to hold onto your buffs for longer.
Beserker's Greaves give you extra attack speed, which is really helpful during your Skittering Frenzy's downtime, allowing you to keep a slightly more consistent damage output when fighting.
Nashor's Tooth is the perfect item for Elise in my opinion, giving you both AP and attack speed, giving you more flat damage in your spider form and letting you apply it when you're not in a Skittering Frenzy.
I take Kindlegem -> Spirit Visage to add to Elise's natural lifesteal in Spider form, while giving all important cooldown reduction which means you can give away blue buff AND still get ridiculous attack speed from your Skittering Frenzy.
Rabadon's Deathcap is a core item for almost any AP champion.
If you grab Catalyst the Protector early, it can help with jungling significantly, while later on the fully powered rod of ages will contribute a lot while still giving the heals in between ganks, potentially.
Finally you will be upgrading that nice spellvamp revolver into a Will of the Ancients, giving everyone on your team (in close proximity) a buff and helping everyone out in teamfights or late game ganks.
Volatile Spiderling / Skittering Frenzy - Max your W first, it's basically the best ability Elise has. You can check bushes, do a lot of damage with a hard to dodge spider and it's core to jungling in spider form, giving you some health back and increasing you (and your - attack speed by 140%! It's the mother of all steroid abilities.
Neurotoxin / Venomous Bite - Max your Q next, alternating to your E and R when you have to take points in them.
Cocoon / Rappel - The damage is nice, as in human form it does more damage to healthy targets and in spider form it does more damage to weakened targets.
Obviously take a point in your ulti whenever possible, it means your spider form does more damage and you get more minion spiders.
- You are going to want to be in spider form during most of the jungle fight, except initiation, because of the better damage and more resistance to attacks.
- I drink my first health potion after wolves, drinking another after blue buff, and third after golems to fight red buff with.
- Head to wolves first. I initiate by using Volatile Spiderling / Skittering Frenzy, then instantly switching to Spider Form / Human Form to finish them off with Volatile Spiderling / Skittering Frenzy which also provides life.
- Go to blue buff, repeat the above tactic while smiting the buff golem at 500 health.
- Head to Wraiths, and you should now have Neurotoxin / Venomous Bite. This can be used to finish off the largest wraith as it does more damage at lower health.
- Next to golems, bursting down the largest one to gain some health back before killing the smaller one.
- When fighting Red Buff Lizard, you should nearly have full health. Smite should be back up so finish it off with that, then recall. I reccommend buying an AP book to later build into hextech revolver and then ganking, as you should now have Cocoon / Rappel to stun.
I hope I helped you get started playing Jungle Elise, and i'm open to criticism and queries, comment and rating would be helpful, both negative and positive. As this is my first guide on mobafire, it isn't particularly fabulous or in depth, but I will work on it if given suggestions or if I personally improve on Elise, in addition to if I work out how to make it look more appealing.
Just a reference for what I want to add to or change in the guide:
-Add AP mid build
-Add Toplane build
-Revise item build
-Test viability when soloing Baron, which is possible but I used a slightly different item build for this.
-Respond appropriately to feedback
-Add pretty pictures.
Changelog and credits.
- Guide created.
- Guide item buy order and appropriate section edited.
- Changelog and credits section added.
Various Funnyjunk users, feedback.
YoDaTV's Guide to Elise, Queen of the Jungle!
"Every web, a masterpiece"
It Came From The Shadow Isles! - An in-depth Elise guide
Elise - The Spider Queen [AP/Hybrid] Season 3