Evelynn Build Guide by Sinowbeat
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi everyone, ChosenOnes here and this is my guide on Evelynn. This is my first guide and I would really appreciate any feedback that you the reader, can provide for me.
I have been playing League for quite a while now and I felt that it was time to give back to this wonderful community we have developed here. Just want to thank you for taking the time to read my guide on Evelynn. Without further ado, lets dive in shall we!
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ A good amount of burst and sustained burst
+ Amazing AoE ult with CC
+ Good farming abilities
+ A very good roamer
+ Can shrug off slows and can regen mana quickly whilst stealthed
+ She likes it when they scream :D
- Tends to be focused down....Hard
- Takes a while to get use to the new stealth mechanic
- Vision wards and Oracles are not your friend
- Like most assassins, her health pool is quite low
- Hard CC's will almost shut you down
Updates & Changes
Added AP Evelynn skills and items
Corrected some grammar
With the latest patch, there is soooo many new items that I will experiment with Evelynn
For a list of the new item changes and reworks click the link below.
Added an optional build for AP. Still experimenting with another AD build
With AD Evelynn I alternate between 21/9/0 and 21/0/9 pending on my team comp or what i feel I'd be going up against.
21/9/0 Taking the points in relation to attack damage, attack speed etc. Main point here is the very last one in the offensive tree Executioner , don't underestimate the extra 6% damage increase it gives when the enemy is below 40% health!
21/0/9 *See above for the reason I chose the initial 21 points in offense*
*Update*Even with the new masteries, I still leaned towards how my set up was before this season.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: Chose these runes mainly for the extra kicking power towards early game
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Same as the Quints, adds that extra Attack Damage towards early game
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Usually rock these runes because I solo a lot and that extra leveling advantage really shines when it comes to resistances. (Flat resistances are better if your duo laning)
- Greater Seal of Armor: I prefer flat armor seals because in 3's your mainly against heavy bruisers, so to take the edge off i go with flats
Summoner Spells ~ Flash/Ignite way of the assassin
Flash: The most versatile spell in the game. It gets you into battles (or though more commonly) it gets you out when you need out THEN AND THERE. We take this to flash over walls and make escapes where otherwise Dark Frenzy wouldn't be enough.
Ignite: ignite is a very devastating summoner spell when used at the right time. Not only does it shuts down all healing and health regeneration by a solid 50% it deals true damage that scales as you level! (Fixed amount of true damage)
Rundown on abilities
- shadow walk: With the new revamp on Evelynn's kit, this will allow you to roam the map without the enemy team finding you and allow you to remain in lane a bit longer. Don't forget that while you're stealthed, you regenerate mana. So if you are running a bit low in lane, just go invisible and wait a few seconds and continue to rain hatred on who opposes you!
- hate spike (Q): Evelynn's main skill that deals pretty decent damage at max rank. Not only is the damage decent, but its cheap and very spammable, so dont forget to mash the Q key like no other!.
- dark frenzy (W/passive): A really nice ability that gives Evelynn that "assassin" type feel. The increased mobility allows you to dodge most skill shots if your reactions are fast enough, and it allows you to counter while doing so. The passive and the active compliment each other and allows you to get into the fight --> assassinate --> and leave chalk outlines before the enemy team knows what happened. Yea...It just got real
- ravage (E): Ravage is Evelynn's main nuke that instantly deals damage. "Contrary to what it says on the tool tip, the full damage is actually 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+1.0 per ability power) (+0.8 per bonus attack damage)~Sourced from the LoL wiki." Credit to TritonJak and the LoL Wiki
- agony's embrace (R): Evelynn's ultimate and before I say anything else just want to say....Wow. Her ultimate is a large AoE nuke that deals damage based on the enemies max health. Crazy I know! That's not even the best part, not only does it deal crazy damage but turns that damage into a shield which increases pending on how many champions were hit. Now if that didnt blow your mind....you need to get out more -...-
Hate Spike is 'maxed first' (unless your level 6,11,16 then you max your ult) as it is a cheap spell that can deal a lot of additional damage alongside your auto attacks. It can harm the enemy champion while farming and is overall a very effective, low cost high dps skill over time. It also has decent AP/AD ratios and allows you to harass while you farm.
Secondly, you should seek to max points into Ravage as it is a nice single target nuke that can still break spell shields while dealing damage. Currently I max it second to help reduce the CD, and the nicely added attack speed boost and instant damage it offers.
Lastly we max Dark Frenzy. Taking one point in this skill at level 3 is enough to provide the mobility advantage over the laning opponent. I only take the one point in it at level 3 as it provides us with the slow removal that would help us survive ganks. Otherwise we harm our initial game damage if we invest too many points into this skill.
*Of course there are alternate skilling paths and mine is in no way shape or form the "best" but it maintains damage while keeping a healthy mana pool
: I usually rock mercury treads in every game simply because not only does it give an extra 25 magic resistance, but the tenacity it offers is to much to give up. Being able to shrug off some of those nasty CC's help her survive a little longer
: Everything trinity force offers pretty much helps her in every single way. I mainly start by getting phage first then sheen and so forth. The added movement boost, proc on slows, and sheens' effect! Makes one happy assassin.
: <--- One of the new items, I feel is a must have on Evelynn. With Twisted treeline favoring tanky bruisers, that is, tanky dpser's, this item helps shred through some of that health they have. Not just that, but the blade scales off 50% of your AD! Dont even get me started on the active, the active is very nice on Evelynn because it (as well as her ult) creates a little shield that can soak some damage for you AND it slows the enemy down. This active, Evelynn's ult, and trinity force, that's a whole lot of slowing the enemy down.
: I feel this item is good for her because she doesnt really take magic damage to well, so the Hexdrinker portion of the item is often a life saver (yes another shield too!). Another good thing about the item, is that with every 2.5% of health that your missing you get an extra 1 AD added, might not seem like much, but trust me, I won so many encounters because of greedy opponents.
: Naturally, Evelynn doesnt attack all that fast, so I grab a phantom's to compensate that. And what's this, an extra 12 movement speed on top of what the trinity force offers? (Anyone feeling like an assassin yet?)
- : Sanguine o' Sanguine, one of my personal favorite items, the 60 base AD and 15% life steal with an additional 5 AD and 1% life steal upon multiple hits. Just to good to pass up.
AP Evelynn Skills & Items
As AP Evelynn my skill leveling does not change, when ever possible always level up Agony's Embrace --> Hate Spike --> Ravage --> Dark Frenzy
: With AP Evelynn the more magic pen the better, so I go with Sorcs for the sheer magic pen it brings. "I highly recommend Mercury's Treads if the enemy team is just packing a lot of CC"
: One of my favorite items to get on AP Evelynn, since were able to spam Hate Spike the spell vamp (even though its little) adds up in a long fight/chase. The thing I love is how it procs so well with both your ult and ravage (2x)
: Oh boy this item here can be a battle changer, the base 80 AP that it offers with the unique active that deals more magic damage (equal to 15% of the enemies current health) PLUS 5% per 100 ability power, with Evelynn's kit; makes this a very dangerous nuke when comboed right.
*TIP*Pop this right before you ult on the enemies carry and watch their facial expression! xD
: I grab Abbysal not only for the huge AP it offers, but the MR that it debuffs on the opponent, as well as increase my MR. Really works wonders for those stacking MR items
: <-- Another one of the new items, which is pretty much a combination of rabadon's death cap and Zhonya's Hourglass. The unique "stasis" that it offers is often times over looked.
: <-- Quite the talk compared to the other new items added. The burning DoT that burns 5% of the enemies current health as magic damage over 3 seconds. *Notice* With the last patch, BFT will only burn now if you have stacks (max of 25)
: I grab lich bane for the beautiful Unique that it offers (as well as all the base stats it provides), your next physical attack will deal an additional 100% of your AP in damage. This will proc nicely with Hate Spike.
Evelynn's quite fragile early game, so try to harass more with Hate Spike then your auto attacks, unless you know you can take the incoming damage. After level 3 ~ 4 thats where I begin to play more aggressive since Hate Spike would be level 2. [Tip] When harassing your opponent, try to aim your positioning so that your Q will hit your opponent while last hitting creeps.
When my lanes pushed, I usually jungle to try and get an edge over my opponent. I usually go to wolves --> Wraiths --> Double Golems --> Back to lane
Mid Game ~ Late Game
The idea is to try and rush to your mid to late game as fast as you can, so that you can have that much of an edge over bot lane. But mid to late game usually happens around 9+. By this time if all went well you should be more then half way through the item build with a few kills under your belt. This is when all the fun starts! While focusing on farming, have a third eye out on people whose low on health or are by themselves, then unleash all of hells embrace on them! After all...She likes it when they scream
Your role as an assassin in teamfights is to pretty much..."assassinate" the enemy AP/AD carry. However before you just dive in there and get wrecked, wait till after your tank initiates and most of the CC's have been blown before really getting into the fray. Once the jest of the battles over, if there happen to be anyone alive, stalk them down and end them <-- Shaco laugh
Spite what they say about how bad Evelynn's become, shes actually quite deadly when played right. So go out there and prove them wrong!
Thank you for taking your time to read my guide on how I play Evelynn, she's ton of fun and is quite challenging to play with since her rework. Please leave any feedback as to how to make the guide better, I plan on making more guides.
Want to thank jhoijhoi for the awesome template as stated below
Tritonjak for his pro guide
Ice Creamy's columns guide
and DEWO on descriptions
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.