Evelynn Build Guide by moiledspilk
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I'm moiledspilk. I made this guide because there really hasn't been any others, I want to show people how I choose to build evelynn and play her. If there are any imperfections, PLEASE let me know. Leave comments on improvements, or if there is any flaws in my item build. Try to read the whole guide before voting as well. Thank you.
Pros / Cons
The extra AD will be necessary in ganking lanes and killing jungle creeps faster. Generally there is not any other choice in terms of marks.
See: above comments
You really need this for killing power and jungle speed. However, I can see these being replaced by maybe cooldown reduction or MR/lvl.
Armor yellows are absolutely CRUCIAL in the jungle and for all-round durability. This is what allows you to cruise through the jungle without many problems. There are no suitable alternatives to these runes.
Movement speed is all of what Eve is about. You have to roam and gank lanes in order to be successful. These can, alternatively, be replaced by attack damage quints.
// I believe my mastery choices are pretty self-explanatory. The points in the two summoner spell talents for that extra 10 gold and slow from and
One thing I like to do when ganking as Eve, is that I like to sneak into the side brushes. This has been made easier to do with Eve since the stealth is an AoE and minion vision does not effect you. I usually do this when I'm ganking top, and the lane is pushed VERY far towards our turret side. I sneak around to the first bush and try to slip into the next one, closer to the enemy solo top. I wait for my solo top to be ready with any CC he has, and then Dark Frenzy and Their solotop. By now, they should already be ~50% health. Mostly, if it is early enough, this will force a flash. If they didn't grab flash, jokes on them! Free first blood gold for everyone! Possibly the most effective gank technique for Evelynn right now, it is the closest to how good her old stealth was when you could get up close and personal.
I will try to upload a video showing this tactic some time or another. It's hard to get around recording, usually because I don't want to ruin a gank because of poor fps.
Usually, you should take note of things. Estimate how much damage output you have, and how much damage output your opponent and team has. If you don't think you can survive, but you can still get a kill, DO NOT DO IT. I cannot stress this enough. One-for-One exchanges are not worth it, especially when you're 1v1ing the AD carry. Do not feed them. It will hurt. The last thing you need is Mordekaiser yelling in All-chat 'eve feed nob pls repot'. When you're walking through the river and that caution [!] exclamation point mark shows above your head, this means you have been spotted by some type of pink ward. Go through the jungle next time! When this happens, I would back, take a wraith/wolf camp/buff w/e, try again after that. But, of course, not in the same route, obviously. Catch your opponent by surprise!. Gank them as soon as they make some type of risky maneuver against the lane. This will guarantee a kill or two for your ad carry/solo top/evelynn. Remember, as eve, stay away from the fed champions. They will wreck your anus into oblivion if you dont have the proper counter items/skills. This actually goes for every champion and archetype, but it's good to know nevertheless.
I max out second because of the very good steroid that is AMAZING for chasing. This has very good synergy with Because of the good slow. This is also very good if you have a Shen solo-top that can taunt the enemy solo-top. This really applies to every jungler, but most effective on Eve. If a target is crowd-controlled, Eve can easily go to town on them.This is mostly as a result of her lacking any reliable crowd-control until she's lv6, and that is still just a slow.
Other viable items
Explanation of Evelynn's kit
Shadow Walk: // Evelynn's new reworked passive IS VERY good. Your ganks will be insane, due to the fact Evelynn can ward-jump. The only other known champion to do this is Nocturne, and that's his ultimate. This is just a passive. Not only that, but Evelynn can now pass up on the blue buff and hand it to that blue-dependant AP mid or top. Very good passive, definitely better than the old one.
Hate Spike: // Hate Spike's rework has made Evelynn's jungle at least ten times better. She's now able to clear camps faster than most tier 2 junglers. Insane.
You're going to want to max out [Hate Spike]last. It's only really used for the jungle at early levels.
- // You're going to want to line up jungle creeps and try to hit every mob in the camp at once every time you hit q. If you don't, you're doing it wrong.
- // Spam this all the time when you're ganking. No exceptions. It adds up.
- // This is used to proc sheen as much as you can. This is also good for getting guinsoo stacks.
Dark Frenzy: // Dark Frenzy is the very good chasing, escaping utility that evelynn lacked before the remake.
You're going to want to max out [Dark Frenzy] second, right after Ravage.
- // Dark Frenzy works as a very good escaping utility and ganking tool. Remember that this refreshes after you get a champion kill or assist, making an easy tower dive or flee from the enemy team.
- // Don't forget about that passive. That extra movement speed will be the difference between closing that flash gap or losing first blood.
- // This spell breaks all slows. Remember that. If you use your Dark Frenzy before the enemy team throws out their slows on you, you're going to die. Wait from them to try to slow you, wait for that Nasus Wither and Dark Frenzy the **** out of there.
Ravage: // Ravage is Evelynn's bread and butter, giving her, in my opinion, one of the best steroids in the game.
You're going to want to max out [Ravage] First, before every other skill. That attack speed buff is too good to pass up.
- // Use Ravage on a nearby minion when pushing a tower. That buff will melt that tower's health.
- // Ravage procs sheen and lifesteal. Remember that. Try not to use your Hate Spike directly after using ravage, you'll lose that Sheen proc.
Agony's Embrace: //
You're going to want to max out [Agony's Embrace] at the standard level 6, 11, and 16.
- // When in team-fights, try your ABSOLUTE hardest to hit all five champions with your ultimate. At rank 3, This will do a quarter of their maximum health. Insane, crazy burst. This is what makes AP-Hybrid evelynn viable. Orianna's ultimate would help you out with this. maybe even Shen's taunt or Galio's ultimate.
- // That shield will save your life. Say, you're soloing top for whatever reason, and that stupid ******* Irelia is dashing at you, while you're at 300hp, If you can pop that Agony's Embrace and get the shield buff, chances are Irelia will die under your tower.
Wriggle's lantern ward placement
This is where you should ward with your Wriggle's Lantern.
Blue: For protection depending on which lane you're on
Red: To guard Dragon and Baron
Orange: In order to Counter-Jungle
Image credit: Apotheosis.
// Evelynn's role in a teamfight is to hit every enemy champion with her ultimate and take out a quarter of the entire enemy team's maximum health. Rush the squishier champions with your E-w-q-q-q-q-q combo and annihilate their damage dealers. Your sustain from Hextech Gunblade and Wriggle's Lantern will make sure you stay in the fight for long.
//If you are being focused in nearly every teamfight(aka you are playing against worthwhile teams) switch out those Boots of Mobility and get a pair of Mercury Treads. That tenacity will save your ****ing life.
// Thank you for reading my guide! PLEASE comment what I can do in my power to better this guide. Any suggestion will be considered and welcome. Thank you for reading my guide. Remember to vote.