Ezreal Build Guide by Ghaduo
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
As I learned to play Ezreal, I found him to be very squishy and hard to keep alive long enough to even figure out what I was doing. This guide will help you to survive long enough to learn how to play Ezreal. As you hone your skills, you may find that you are able to drop some of the survivability in this build in favor of a more offensive approach.
I use Heal for extra survivability and Ignite to secure more kills. There are a ton of extra options here, choose what you like best!
The first selection is my choice, then additional options if you find the primary one doesn't fit your needs or play style.
- Greater Strength (+0.95 AD)
- Greater Desolation (+1.66 Armor Pen)
Either of these choices will provide you with some extra damage early on. Choose based on your preference.
- Greater Resilience (+1.41 AR)
- Greater Replenishment (+0.41 Mana Regen per 5)
- Greater Intellect (+6.89 Mana)
- Greater Warding (+1.34 MR)
- Greater Shielding (+0.15 MR per level)
- Greater Celerity (+0.05% CDR per level)
Survivability is my primary concern for Glyphs. I chose Warding, but Shielding is an acceptable, and generally considered better, choice. Flat CDR wouldn't help much since mana is a large issue early, CDR per level could be acceptable for a more offence approach.
- Greater Swiftness (+1.5% Movespeed)
- Greater Fortitude (+26 Health)
- Greater Desolation (+3.33 Armor Pen)
- Greater Strength (+2.25 AD)
Again, looking for extra survivability, I choose swiftness. Fortitude will also greatly help your survivability and maybe better to keep you in the fight longer. If you aren't having any trouble staying alive, you can go more offensive with Desolation or Strength.
With our Masteries we go 21/9/0 going for standard AD Offense and bonus survivability Defense. If you find yourself beyond the needs of survivability, you could opt for a 21/0/9 approach that could address some of the early mana issues.
Prioritizing (Q)Mystic Shot will greatly increase your damage, getting down to a 4 second CD and keeping your sheen fired up.
If you are holding your lane pretty well, making (W)Essence Flux your second priority should help with your damage.
But, if you are having a hard time in your lane, especially if you are against a blitz or another champion that locks you up, prioritizing (E)Arcane Shift can greatly help your survivability.
Of course, get (R)Trueshot Barrage whenever possible. As you learn to aim this skill, you will feel like Karthus with this Ult - nobody escapes! And don't be afraid to use it, the CD is fairly low. It will almost always be up by the time you need it again!
- Starting boots, 2x Health Potions, and a Mana Potion will help you stay alive and 'in the game' until you can afford to go back and pickup the next item.
1st trip back:
- If you are struggling at all, go ahead and grab the Vampire Scepter to help you stay alive and in lane.
- If you are owning your lane and just want to solidify those kills, Sheen will increase your damage by quite a bit.
2nd trip back:
- Grab whatever you missed on the first trip, and start the Catalyst. Because of (E)Arcane Shift, level 2 boots aren't yet necessary to secure kills or your life.
3rd trip back:
- Finish the Catalyst, then the Mercury Treads. After these items you should be pretty durable and we can really focus on some damage!
4th trip back:
- Finish the Mercury Treads, then start the Infinities Edge. If you can't complete it, you want BF Sword, Cloak of Agility, and then the Pickaxe.
5th trip back:
- Finish the Infinities Edge, then start the Trinity Force. Usually you will want to start with the Phage so you can stick to your opponent and keep them away from the turret longer.
6th trip back:
- Finish the Trinity Force, then start the Banshee's Veil. As the incoming damage is starting to increase even more by this point, some more durability will be very helpful.
7th trip back:
- Finish the Banshee's Veil, then start the Bloodthirster. Nothing but more damage from here on!
8th trip back:
- If the game isn't over yet! Finish the Bloodthirster, then start the Last Wisper. As the opposing team starts adding armor, we don't want to lose our damage!
Miniguide: Mystical Shooting
By Gott der 7 Meere
Time for a True display of everything (Spanish)
Internet Explorer Ezreal
Ezreal - It's Over 9000! (AD Carry Build Guide)