Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi, only been playing Ezreal a short while now but in my time i've found some things in the current Ezreal builds that I find to be problems:
AD builds are strong at the start and weak at the end where Hybrid builds are strong at the end but weak at the start.
I decided that I would mix it up a bit with items and grab some AD items to begin with and some AP later on, this would hopefully mean that if you're on an AD heavy team you could trick the enemy team into stacking armor and then towards the end you would be dealing fairly heavy magic damage to them (If it ever gets that far, haven't actually finished this build yet but the scores tend to be positive for me).
I'll admit freely this 'guide' isn't going to be amazing, it's more about the items that I made this guide for so please rate on those and not the guide itself. I do however ask that if any of my tips are incorrect that I am told, I don't want people dying because of me.
- Unless you are absolutely certain you can get away or you're chasing for a kill and know where the enemy team is do not Arcane Shift towards the enemy, doing so will get you killed more often than not, instead Shift sideways so the bolt from it still hits the enemy but doesn't put you any closer.
- Stay at the back of fights and don't initiate, you are VERY squishy, I once got killed by an enemy team without even being targeted.
- Be a dirty ganker, this sort of adds onto the tip above and negates the one above that, Arcane shifting into a team fight from an unseen location can sometimes leave the enemy team unaware of your entrance and you able to decimate them from the side, just as often however you can quite capably attack from the opposite side of a wall without ever getting into the fight proper until they start retreating.
- Stay close to walls, if you get ganked this will give you the chance to escape through the wall with Arcane Shift.
- Trueshot Barrage halfway through a fight when the enemy team is bunched up can make or break a team fight.
- When cornered and unable to escape don't even try running, Arcane Flash to max distance and proceed to unload your entire arsenal on them, make them pay for your life with theirs.
Credit where credit is due: