Gangplank Build Guide by TheWoWClown
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Still in development!
These are the basic ideas that apply to all areas before we break them up and talk about the seperately.
- Parrrley is your most important ability and should be used at any time it is up and you have an enemy near by.
- Remove Scurvy should be used when slowed and trying to get away, and/or when you are fighting something and you think you have a chance of beating it if you have a little more health(This would be a good situation for Raise Morale as well.)
- Raise Morale should be used before every fight possible.
- Cannon Barrage[Ultimate] is not, I repeat, is not, to be used on anything other than enemy champions.
Okay now that we have learned the fundamentals of Gangplank, lets get into some pre-game information.
Offensive- We took this as our main tree for one reason, we want to max out Gangplank's offensive damage. In Offensive we took basically everything that would help us do more damage, and have our summoner spells work better.
Defensive- No Masteries in here.
Utility- We took this as our off tree because we want the reduced recall time, the reduced time spent dead, and the extra little movement speed.
Greater Mark of Critical Damage
Greater Seal of Attack Speed
Greater Glyph of Critical Damage
Greater Quintessence of Critical Chance
I chose all 9 marks to be Greater Mark of Critical Damage. This is because critical damage is very important on gangplank, as he relies on criticals from Parrrley.
I chose the Seals to be Greater Seal of Attack Speed. This is to help you attack faster(Derp!) and, in turn, do more damage. This is especially helpful with Gangplank because your basic attacks are your main damage when Parrrley is not up.
I chose the Glyphs to be Greater Glyph of Critical Damage. For the same reason I chose my marks to be furor.
These are simply to make you crit more often.
I think we all know I am going to say use Gangplank.
- I recommend Ignite to finish people off when they are running, or both of you are at low health.
- I recommend Exhaust to slow down enemies while chasing, and for if you think the might run.
- Smite would be used for jungling, nothing else.
- Teleport would be used if you wanted to get to lane quicker, I don't find this necessary.
- Ghost would be used to run away/enter a battle quicker.
- Flash would be used to do the same thing as ghost except it teleports you a certain distance.
Completely not viable
Phantom Dancer- This is used for the attack speed and critical strike mainly. This is one of the most important items in your build because it allows you to hit so quickly.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity- These are used for the obvious movement speed and also the cooldown reduction is very useful.
Infinity Edge- This is probably your most useful item because it gives you 80 attack damage(which contributes directly to Parrrley.It also gives you the critical strike chance, and the 250% crit damage instead of 200%
The Bloodthirster- This is your second most useful items as it gives you 60 attack damage and 15% lifesteal.