Fizz Build Guide by alextheimmortal
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Very Aggressive Jungler
Fizz The Jungle Hunter
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi, I am Alex The Immortal, a Gold Jungle Main. I wanted to give you my build and my strats that carried me from the Bronze-Silver Elo to low gold. In this guide I will be explaining AD Bruiser Fizz in the Jungle.
Why should I pick Fizz?
I personally think Fizz is a safe pick every game. Why?... Well it's because he has:
- very good dueling potential,
- he can invade lvl 2,
- good ganks pre-6,
- god ganks after-6,
- can be used as a tank,
- deals hybrid damage,
- snowballs hard,
- very strong mid game because of his catching potential,
- very strong late game because of the devourer scaling,
When should I not pick Fizz?
Fizz is a very good pick but doesn't work well against every enemy team composition.
These ones are:
- Strong Crowd Control team (Ex: Leona,Thresh,Sion)
- Strong Disengage (Ex: Janna,Nami)
- Poke (Jayce,Caitlyn,Azir,Ziggs,Xerath)
Now let's talk about runes on Fizz.
For the glyphs: I suggest you take 9 Scaling MR glyphs for the mid/late game insane powerspike. But I think that it's still viable to take 9 flat MR glyphs.
For the seals: I think there's mostly a single choice viable which is flat armor because it will help you to sustain in the jungle and take less damage from AD champions.
For the marks: There are multiple choices avaiable. I think that 9 AD marks are the best on Fizz but because our AD fizz build deals hybrid damage you could take 9 hybrid penetration marks or 9 Attack speed runes because this kind of Fizz is an auto-attack based champion.
For the quints: The choice of your quints really depends of what you took for your marks. Usually if you take AD marks, you will pick up Attacks Speed Quints which I really like. If you have hybrid penetration marks, I suggest you take attack speed quints.
Let's talk about the masteries on Fizz.
You should take 21 points in the offense tree.
- 4 points in the attack speed one ,
- 7 points on the AD ones,
- 1 point in double edged sword,
- 1 point in exposed weakness,
- 3 points in executioner,
- 1 point in dangerous game,
- 3 points in AD and AP Pentration,
- 1 point in Increased Damage.
You should take 9 or 6 points in the defense tree depending if you want the bonus movement speed from the utility mastery tree. I suggest you take 9 points and you invest :
- 3 points in basic attack damage reduction,
- 2 points in tough skin to have a better sustain in the jungle.
- 3 points in veteran scars,
- 1 point in juggernaut.
If you choose to take the 1.5% bonus movement speed way you invest:
- 3 points in fleet of foot.
- 1 point in juggernaut (defense),
- 2 points in veteran scars (defense).
Let's talk about all the items possible on Fizz.
INFO:The item set above this text is a "Carry Build" which means it's only good in Solo/Duo queue to carry games. So with that said, don't use this build in Ranked 5's.
The Carry Build
Okay, so this build is mostly oriented as a AD Bruiser Fizz in order:
- Hunter's machete + 2 health potions
- Red Smite
- Devourer Upgrade
- Sorcerer's shoes (Very good in this build because devourer damage will penetrate and it's the same with the W damage)
- Blade of The Ruined King,
- Frozen mallet, (Very good to carry because no one will be able to escape you, it gives a lot of health and good damage)
- Randuin's Omen
For the 6th item there are a lot of possibilities:
- Guardian Angel (If the only carry in your team),
- Banshee's Veil (If the enemy team's composition is AP oriented),
- Locket of the Iron Solari (If your support is way too behind to build it and the enemy team has at least 2 AP champions (don't buy this if you consider that one of these 2 champions is more a tank than an AP damage dealer)),
- Trinity Force it's a good item in general but...
-... I think Black Cleaver is better because of the 20% CDR, more HP and Armor Pen but both items are good.
What should I never take on Fizz AD Bruiser Jungle?
- BloodThirster (Useless)
- Ravenous Hydra ( Worse than BloodThirster)
- Youmuu's (You don't need AD penetration)
- Zephyr (You have enough mobility)
- Last Whisper (Look UP)
- Every AP item unless sorcerer's shoes ( The goal isn't to deal damage with Fizz's spells)
Let's talk about Fizz's jungle route.
I like to start where the bot lane is because I usually get a better leash than by the top laner.
So if you are on the Red Side your first clean should be:
- Blue Buff
- Red Buff
- Gank Mid or Bot
If you are on the Blue Side your first clean should be:
- Red Buff
- Blue Buff
- Gank Top or Mid
How to gank with Fizz jungle?
Well it's pretty easy. You have 3 ways to gank with Fizz.
First way (when the enemy is overextended): Use your E to slow the enemy and use your W and begin to basic attack the enemy. If he gets out of range, use your Q and keep attacking him.
Second way (when the enemy is in the middle of the lane or close to his tower): Use your W first then Q onto the enemy so it procs the W, throw another auto-attack, E-E to slow him quickly and keep auto-attacking him until he dies.
Third way (wherever the enemy is in his lane): R through the enemy to insure that the Fish hits him, W, Q, auto-attack 2 or 3 times, E-E and keep auto-attacking the enemy.
Note: Don't forget to smite the enemy!