Fizz Build Guide by JayPlumm
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Some people may disagree with how I build Fizz, and for those people I am in the works on trying out different combinations for an AP Jungle Fizz! Also, please try my build before downvoting it, Never no untill you try it:)
Story Behind The Frog
Fizz wandered the ocean in search of his people for years, using the skills he’d learned during his adventures as young boy to survive. Finally, Fizz discovered the port of Bilgewater. He was fascinated with the existence of life above the water and could not resist exploring the island. In his endless curiosity, Fizz inadvertently meddled in the affairs of the humans who lived there, and his presence did not go unnoticed. His mischief angered many residents who eventually sought to capture or kill him. Fizz found himself cornered, and he prepared to return to the sea despite the fondness he’d come to hold for Bilgewater. As he stood at the docks, a massive dragon-shark attacked the port. Fizz defeated the beast, using his resourcefulness and knowledge of the creature’s weaknesses to his advantage. Having earned the gratitude and respect of the humans, Fizz decided to stay in Bilgewater. To further serve his new home, he joined the League of Legends.
“Fizz makes even the saltiest sailors of Bilgewater look like drunken landlubbers in a fight. Good thing he’s on our side.” – Miss Fortune, the Bounty Hunter
+ Quick Efficient Ganks After Lvl 6
+ Easy Escapes
+ Excells In All Stages of The Game
+ Quick Jungle Time
+ He's Fizz!
- Realies Heavily on Ancient Golem
- Hard To Land Chum the Waters
- Can Be Mana Hungry At Times
- Counter Jungled Easily
- Running 21 on defense is very helpful for Fizz for the extra survivabiltiy
- Fizz can be a very mana hungry champion early, by putting 9 into utillity you can someone eliminate that if your blue gets stolen
- Runic Affinity is always nice with red and blue buffs
- greater quintessence of Desolation:Combined with Greater Mark of Attack Damage is really nice for your initial jungle route
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage:The Flat AD really helps for the beggining of your jungle
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist:Alittle Magic resist never hurt
- Greater Seal of Armor:Armor from these, plus armor from you Cloth Armor works great to counter those early level jungle camps
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power:I prefer straight ability quint's for Fizz due to the fact that his entire build calls for AP, so why not have more of it!
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration:Most jungle guides call for greater mark of aclarity, I disagree, I believe that the jungle is easy enough without the attack speed and that the magic penetration would help out all game
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction: Fizz early game can have some relitivly long cool downs, this in a way can counter this problem and also be the deciding factor on whether or not you can get that last second Playful / Trickster to escape
- greater seal of replenishment: Sometimes either your blue gets stolen, or just runs out, this is a good way to counter that problem
Smite:Every Jungle Needs This:)
Ghost:Works Nice with Playful / Trickster, or just for chasing or getting away
Flash:It all comes down to personal prefrence although I recommend ghost, Flash is always nice
- PASSIVE:Fizz's dexterity allows him to ignore unit collisions and take less damage from basic attacks. Fizz's passive is excellent for the jungle. As he levels he ignores (4/6/8/10/12/14) less damage which, over time, can really help. Also ignoring unit collison is great for when you gank
- Urchin Strike (Q):Fizz dashes through his target, dealing normal attack damage plus additional magic damage.
This skill can be a exsqusit gap closer and escape mechanism. This skill also adds on hit effects which means it will do damage over time from Seastone Trident's passive, and also give you some lifesteal from your Wriggle's Lantern
- Seastone Trident (W):Passive: Fizz's attacks rend his target, applying a damage over time effect that strengthens if the opponent is low on life.
Active: Fizz's attacks are empowered, dealing additional magic damage and causing grevious wounds to his opponents.
This skill is the skill that does most of your damage. Not only does this add more damage over time, it will deal 8% of the targets missing health as magic damage over time. This can work well while soloing dragon and while trying to finish off another champion
- Playful / Trickster (E):Fizz hops onto his staff, becoming untargetable. He may then choose to slam the ground or hop off to another location.
This skill is the bread and butter for Fizz escaping sticky situations. Since activating this skill renders you intargetable, with good timing you can dodge key ulti's and skills such as a Ashe Enchanted Crystal Arrow or a Lux Finales Funkeln
- Chum the Waters (R):Fizz flings a fish that can bind itself onto enemy champions - After a brief delay, a Shark will emerge from the earth to eat the fish, dealing damage and knocking back all enemy champions.
This is what makes Fizz very unique, although this skill shot can be tricky to land, with a little practice you'll be flinging fish(or in some cases ****) left and right hitting enemies every time:) I find it very helpful while ganking if you can land you ulti, the slow, knock up and damage it does can almost insure a kill every time.
- Cloth Armor helps Fizz not take nearly as much damage as he normally would and the Health Potion help regain lost health and gank with full tank:)
& 5 :I like to start out with these two items mainly because the
- Fizz all around, by giving him damage, alittle sustain and survivability. Also once you have this item you can solo dragon and end it with about half health
:The lifesteal, damage and armor help
- Doran's Blade your ganks can have the potential to be very deadly. After finishing your Guinsoo's Rageblade I'd recommend selling the Doran's Blade for an appropriate situational item listed below
: This item grants a very nice boost with the health, lifesteal and damage. With the
- Berserker's Greaves. The attack speed works well with flying through his jungle and landing more hits with his trident during ganks
:Althought there are many other options for boots, prefer
- Sheen, oh lovely lovely Sheen. This item is what makes our fellow frog very deadly. After using any ability during a gank to get up to the enemy your attack will deal double damage
- Fizz. The 15% critical chance, you will every now and then hit a critical,which can always come in handy. The slow you can get from the phage included in this beauty is very nice when chasing someone down. Attack speed means more attack which means more at attacks are anphibian friend will land. The 30 abillity power isn't much but every bit adds up!
:This item is excellent all around for
- Fizz skills scale off AP. Although you will do massive damage with your auto attacks, fitting in some skills that pack a small punch will help greatly
:Once you have this item you almost become unstopable. You will run around 160 ability power. Reason for getting this item is because all of
- Rammus. This item gives you 4% attack speed per attack and 6 AP that can stack up to 8 times for 5 seconds. Awsome huh? :Maxing your AP at 215 and your AD at 213 you will be greatly feared by even a feed
& 5 : Explained in Hybrid section:)
:I choose this item second due to the fact that it gives you some early survivabillity
- Sorcerer's Shoes, if you pick up some early kills and assist then I'd recommend Ionian Boots of Lucidity
& :Deciding on what boots to choose is all up to you. If the team is pretty tanky and stacking magic resist I'd recommend
: This beauty is explained in the Hybrid section:)
:This item really helps out... Alot. By adding 18 health, 20 mana and 2 AP every minute it would only be smart to get this item early.
:Also explained in the hybrid section:D
- Lich Bane is a perfect last item for Fizz. This item grants, after the use of an ability, your next auto attack to deal 100% of your current AP in magic damage! : Ah, our last item. The magnificent
:If your opponents have some heavy AP then this item is very nice, giving you bonus attack speed and AP.
:This item gives you some 15% crit chance,20 armor pen, 30 AD, 50% attack speed, and 20% movement speed. All these will really help
- :68 armor 38 Magic Resist, and an awsome passive, who would'nt want this item?
- Yellow: Order of your jungle
- Blue: Jungle Path
- Red: Possible gank routes
Hybrid or AP?
I'd like to give thanks to JhoiJhoiand her guide that helped me make this guide:) I'd also like to thank everyone who take the time to read this guide on Fizz who is truly an amazing champ:) Any positive feedback would be greatly accepted and remember don't critise my build untill you have tried it:)