Fizz Build Guide by Heridan
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi everyone, here stands my Fizz build. I worked hard to find the best way to play this totally new champion and I'm sharing it to you. So please, read the entire guide before voting. Well remember, I'm not english, so I apologize for some of my language mistakes.
+ This video is just here to show you how cute he is.
Credits to the great jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Very strong laner when you get Philosopher's Stone
+ Very mobile with his and
+ Huge harassment
+ His ultimate is a great teamfights initiator
- Not quite a good early game farmer
- Picked up by better harassers ( Urgot - Cassiopeia)
- Unless others AP, got no ranged abilities
+ This is quite a classis AP mastery tree, I'll justify every point in put.
- Summoner's Wrath : Needed for the Exhaust Ignite buff.
- Mental Force : More AP is always fine.
- Arcane Knowledge : Percentage of Magic Penetration is HUGE. A must-have for any AP champ.
- Havoc : Needed to reach next Tier. Can be switched to -> Deadliness
- Blast : As I said, we never say no to more AP.
- Archmage : Do I really need to repeat?
: You're becoming even more deadly with Seastone Trident. Low health target are more dead than ever.
- Summoner's Insight : Reduces CD of Flash.
- Good Hands : Don't be stupid, you'll die, even with my legendary build. This helps.
- Swiftness : Movespeed is great on Fizz, this allows you to chase like a boss.
- Runic Affinity : Fizz benefits from both Blue and Red buff. It doesn't hurt anyway.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Gives you early AP. Nuff said.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: You'll think "WTF AD RUNES ON AP CHAMP ? TARD !". You'd be wrong. Fizz doesn't have any AoE spell to farm in early games and his auto-attacks are so weak. Here come the AD runes ! This will help you to farm ALOT easier and get your items faster.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: Gives you AP all game long. Best choice here.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration: If you want to harass, you'll spend a lot of mana into it. With these runes, you shouldn't have critical mana problems.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: I you feel that you don't need AD runes to farm, you can get these one instead. Coupled with
it'll boost your magic damage throughout the game.
- Greater Quintessence of Health: Again, it's all about your feelings. If you think that you need more survivability instead of AP, feel free to pick it.
- Ignite : Synergizes well with the champion. If you're chasing someone use it as you auto-attacks. The double DoT's will rape them off.
- Exhaust : Exhaust is a strong choice on Fizz. In late game, a descent farmed AD could kill you easily. Just pop exhaust before killing him.
- Flash : Still the most viable spell on most champions in my opinion. Even if you have a nice escape mechanism with , I feel like it still the best way to escape quickly or to close the gap with your target.
Nimble Fighter: This passive is amazing. It allows you to harass without getting blocked by minions (and maybe getting killed) and you suffer less damage from minions. You can lands many auto-attacks without fear of minions focus.
Urchin Strike (Q or A): This is your main harassing spell. It has low mana cost, short CD and descent damage. Furthermore, you charge on your target.
You're going to want to max out Urchin Strike after Seastone Trident and before Playful / Trickster.
- Remember, Urchin Strike is your main harassing tool and has a low mana cost. Feel free to spam it on your lane.
- Be careful when using Urchin Strike, if you use it when you're at melee range of your target, you'll be behind him. Don't cry if you're suddenly in the middle of five enemies ..
Seastone Trident (W & Z): Passively, each time you land an auto-attack, your target is afflicted by a DoT what deals magic damage plus a percentage of his missing HP. When active, you deals bonus magic damage each time you hit and reduces target heals by 50% for the duration of DoT.
You're going to want to max out Seastone Trident first.
- You can active Seastone Trident before using Urchin Strike to maximize your harassment.
- Don't forget the active Seastone Trident. It works like Ignite and pretty strong to counters heals.
Playful / Trickster (E): Fizz jumps on your current cursor location and becomes untargetable for 0.5 sec. After this delay, he slams the ground around him and slows enemies. While he's untargetable you can chose to recast the spell to jump again on your cursor.
You're going to want to max out Playful / Trickster after Urchin Strike.
- Well used Playful / Trickster will prevent all the damage from spells and attacks. That's huge, but you need some practice to do well with.
- Allows you to jump over trees and walls.
- After harassing your foe, use Playful / Trickster to go back without taking any damage or to slow him and chase him to death.
Chum the Waters: You throw a fish in front of you. If it collides with an enemy champion, it binds itself on him, slowing him quite hardly. After a few second a giant shark emerge from the ground and deals magic damage on the fish location and knocking back enemies.
You'll take your ultimate whenever you can.
- You can use Chum the Waters to engage a fight a deals huge AoE damage.
- Chum the Waters has a long range, use it to catch runners.
- Sorcerer's Shoes : You need magic penetration if you took AD runes.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter: Gives you nice AP amount, HP and the unique ability of slowing on spells. Synergize well with
- Malady: Good, cheap item. The AS bonus and magic resistance reduction scales very well with your .
- Rabadon's Deathcap: Explain on itself.
- Abyssal Scepter: Reduce magic resist of enemies, gives AP and MR. Great item.
- Zhonya's Hourglass: Pretty useful item on Fizz. Gives you armor and huge amount of AP and the ability to become untargetable. Wait .. OP.
- Lich Bane: Another great item. With this your burst will be incredibly strong. Replace Abyssal Scepter for it.
- Hextech Gunblade: This item can be good too, but I personally don't like it much.
Thanks for you reading my build. Don't forget to test before voting ! :)
- 11/17 : Build released.