Jarvan IV Build Guide by Muskelkrampf
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Jarvan IV Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello and welcome to my first guide. In this guide, I will present you my version of Jarvan IV, the Exemplar of Demacia. Jarvan is my main champ and I usually go solo top with this build. In the following chapters, I will show you how to play him the Off-Tank version.
Note: This is a very quick build, so don't expect any in-depth explanations.
Pros / Cons
+ Good Escaping and Chasing
+ Nice Damage Output
- Can be countered
- Mana-Hungry while harassing
- Needs Good Items/Farm
I take some Health and Armor/MR for the extra Durability. With this Mastery Build, you are able to stay a long time on your lane and outfarm your opponent (Your Regrowth Pendant also helps with this ;D )
I take the Greater Mark of Armor, for some bonus armor. With full defense runes and masteries, I can focus completely on damaging/off-tank items.
The greater seal of vitality will assure some survivability in late-game. You won't need the health in early game, because of the regrothw pendant.
Take the Greater Glyph of Magic Resist, because you will have to appear in a team-fight sometimes, and the enemy-mage will be there too.
The greater quintessence of vigor will give you some health-regen for extra power on your lane, while your Greater Quintessence of Health will give you extra health.
Use your E(Demacian Standard). Place it behind the enemy champion, and then use your Q (Dragon Strike) to throw him/her up. If you dont have your Frozen Mallet yet, throw in your W(Golden Aegis) to slow them down.
Your Frozen Mallet will be one of the items you should get either first or second. It gives you a great amount of health, some extra damage and the ability to slow without having to use your Golden Aegis.
Now this is an interesting item. You could get it first, but your Martial Cadence does about the same. The Attack Speed and the Damage is quite nice for farming, so pick up your Madred's Bloodrazor as first or second item, depending on how good/easy your farm is.
- This should be your goal for mid/late game. I mostly pick up my Maw of Malmortius as third item, except I really need it for early laning against a heavy AP-carry, which happened to me about twice.
- I pick up a Atma's Impaler if I need the balance between Damage, Armor and Magic Resist.You don't really need the crit, but the passive and the Armor that you get is just awesome.
- The Banshee's Veil already saved my life dozens of times. I mean, you just block some incoming spells, isn't that a nice reason to buy it? :D.
- You might end up picking a Warmog's Armor, because you feel like not really needing extra magic resist. Now with a Warmog's, your Atma's Impaler will be twice as powerful as with a banshee's veil, and you can escape true damage, because you have a great health boost.
- You might wanna pick up a Quicksilver Sash because your enemy team has tons of cc, or everybody took Ignite with them. With your Quicksilver Sash, you will be able to block=
I hope you will like my Off-Tank Jarvan Guide. I already tested this build in Ranked Games, and it worked out very well. Please rate this Guide, wether you liked it or not.