Flexible Picks - Riven
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Riven with this build
|Aatrox||Fuck him up once to get rid of his passive, fuck him up again to kill him. Safe to fight lvl 2+|
|Bard||Kill him early its easy, don't get stunned. Safe to fight lvl 2+|
|Cassiopeia||Dodge things and burst her Safe to fight lvl 3+|
|Sion||He is charging up a knock up, please don't get hit, just break him early game|
- All in with Q and W if you hit lvl 2 before they hit lvl 2(for melees)
- All in at 6
- Split push and take objectives, tell your team that you'll attract as much attention as possible
- Don't make poor decisions such as fighting the 100/0/100 lvl 18 Garen when you're lvl 2
Hi I am a Wood V Riven Main here to slowly update this guide to perfection while keeping it short and sweet for those who want a quick review. Riven is a fun champion overall due to her kit, but remember, you can pick other champions to win too.
You can swap out certain runes to fit your play style. These are the runes I usually bring for almost every match up.
You do not always have to build damage to win games. You do not always have to build pure damage and 100 - 0 a 1v5 pentakill the enemy team. It could be as simple as having only a Black Cleaver and going pure tank then focusing on peeling for you damage carries.
Usually you'll max Q for maximum damage output, but some lanes will require an E max, this will come with experience. You could max Q then W if you really want to maximize the damage output.
I'll assume that you've at least seen the champion so this will be kept short.
- She has 3 Q's and the first 2 are pretty much dashes and AoE, while the 3rd one is considered a dash but has a knock up and nice AoE. The 3rd Q is very important and has many interactions with the terrain.
- Her W is a stun within a tiny radius around her but its enough to get in one auto, use it for wombo combo.
- Her E is a shield which will save your life too many times.
- Her R/Ult is the Faker Faker Play Maker ability due to how it offers you many stats AND an execute.
Videos/Channels that will explain things more indepth if you desire so
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DPnWLfpdEe-SM9OAtahTQ - Yace is Coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azfhS76_6fE - BoxBox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAjXN99Qg_Y - BoxBox
https://www.youtube.com/user/hangloose1234567890/videos - JKSAD
Mechanics are nice and all, but good decision making and understanding Riven's damage will be what wins you games most of the time.
This should generally cover how teamfighting works.
Learn to farm, fight them when you have a minion advantage, such as a wave of 99999999 Super Winions while they have only 1 Cannon minion.