Master Yi Build Guide by Janick
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I usually speak german and just know english from school, so please don't be strictly with me and the Google Translator x)
I hope you'll enjoy my guide! :)
Pros / Cons
- High Damage
- Very Fast
- Efficient Pusher
- Easy Farming
- Easy to learn/play -but still strong-
- Melee Range
- Useless in teamfights (unless very fed)
- Needs a big farm
- Mana issues
9x Greater Mark of Attack Damage: For damage in early game.
9x Greater Seal of Attack Speed: Best offensive Seals for Yi. You could also pick Greater Seal of Armor.
9x Greater Glyph of Attack Speed: Best offensive Glyphs for Yi.
3x Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: For damage in early game, to win your lane and get fed fast.
- It helps you chase if you already used Alpha Strike / Highlander and aren't fast enough to get the enemie.
- It helps you by towerdiving, to escape from the towe hits simply.
- It also let you escape from enemies, and save your life.
- It will kill an enemie when he runs away and you can't get him anymore, because your skills aren't ready.
- Reduces healing on enemies.
Master Yi strikes twice every 7th attack.
Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+100% of ability power) magic damage to each enemy with a 50% chance to deal 260 / 320 / 380 / 440 / 500 bonus magic damage to minions.
Master Yi channels, restoring 28 / 56 / 84 / 112 / 140 (+80% of ability power) health every second for 5 seconds for a total of 140 / 280 / 420 / 560 / 700 (+400% of ability power) health. While channeling, Master Yi gains 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 armor and magic resistance.
Passive: Increases physical damage by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35.
Active: Master Yi can activate this ability to double its effectiveness for 10 seconds, but this removes the passive bonus until Wuju Style becomes available again.
Increases Master Yi's movement speed by 40% and Attack Speed by 40 / 60 / 80%, and he becomes immune to all slowing effects for 6 / 9 / 12 seconds. Additionally, killing a champion refreshes all of Master Yi's cooldowns. (Assists reduce half of the base cooldown amount.)
Sequence: At first activate Wuju Style, then jump to the enemy with Alpha Strike, hit him with auto hits and activate Highlander.
Usage: Use your Meditate when you dont have full/enough life and dont need your mana or have enough mana at this moment.
- Best pick for Master Yi in early game to chase enemies or to escape from them.
- The lifesteal will give you your life by hitting minions or enemies back and let you stay much longer in your lane.
- This boots will increase your Attack- and Movement Speed a lot.
- Increases your damage a lot.
- It combinates your lifesteal and damage. With this Item you'll be able to gain your life back by hitting some minions.
- Increases your Attack Speed and your chance to land a critical hit.
- The best damage item. Will make your Hits very strong.
- You'll get faster and your hits too. With this item you can walk trough other units.
- Gives you some Attack Damage and allows you to kill enemies with much armor faster.
- Upgrade you The Brutalizer to this. You'll get some life, AD and more armor penetration.
- Buy this again to get very high Attack Speed and more chance to land a critical hit.
- Buy this upgrade for your boots when you finished your build, to get faster.