Nidalee Build Guide by Futrikation
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Full AD Nidalee
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Nidalee with this build
|Swain||Since he's weak until build a Rod of Ages, you should play agressive on the early game, poking him with AAs and jump on him when you land a Q.|
Hi everyone, I'm Futrikation, and this is my guide to an AD Nidalee mid. That's my first guide, and english is not my mother tongue, I apologize for any mistakes I make on this guide. I would be thankful for any and all feedback that you guys may provide.
Nidalee is a great champion, even after the remake, and is very fun to play with her - because she have a great poke with her Javelin Toss, and a good gap closer and escape Pounce, and has a fantastic boost in attack speed with her Primal Surge.
Since that's my first guide, I do implore to reconsider any downvotes, and I would like to ask to test the build, and give me a feedback and tips, so I can improve the guide.
Pros / Cons
+ Great Burst Damage
+ Good Poke in Early/Mid Game
+ Good Sustain
+ Fantastic in chase and escape
+ Don't need a lot of wards
- Mana hungry if you arent careful
- Hard to Master
- You team may leak AP
With that masteries you'll have a nice amount of bonus damage for your cougar form with Double-Edged Sword , and a good resistance for when you jump on the enemies, or for when you are trying to escape through the jungle using your Prowl.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
+ Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - With these Nidalee have a nice amount of AD bonus since the beggining of the match. That helps you to farm, trade and poke better.
+ Greater Mark of Attack Damage - With these Nidalee have a nice amount of AD bonus since the beggining of the match. That helps you to farm, trade and poke better.
+ Greater Seal of Armor - With these Nidalee is not that squishy, but I only use when I'm against an AD champion in lane, otherwise I use Greater Seal of Scaling Health which will have the same effect, but will have a use against AP champions aswell.
+ Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - These will give Nidalee a good amount of MR per level, that will help a lot in the lane phase.
- Flash is the most used SS in the game for a good reason, with Flash you can escape the worst situation, or grab a kill, or objective for your team. For Nidalee I always take Flash and almost always Ignite.
- Ignite Is an awesome SS, mainly for mid laners and Nidalee is not an exception, Ignite can ensure a kill, or reduce the regeneration of a Dr. Mundo, a Swainor an Ahri.
- Teleport is a useful SS that can substitute Ignite if you think you'll need more global presence than strenght in the lane phase.
- After the buff Heal is extremely powerful, and can help you to escape, to win a 1v1 or to chase someone with the extra movement speed.
- Prowl That passive gives Nidalee an amazing chasing potential, whenever you land a Javelin Toss or someone steps on your Bushwhack mark them as "Hunted" target you can use your Pounce in cougar form to jump on the target. When you have a target you gain move speed bonus when chasing him and your abilities in cougar form have bonus effects when used on the "Hunted" target.
- When used in that kind of Nidalee Javelin Toss will only serve to mark targets for the chase, it can be used to poke in the mid game, but will only cause an acceptable amount of damage in squishy enemies.
- Takedown is your mainly source of damage, when used on a "Hunted" target it deals 33% of bonus damage, and deals additional damage to targets at lower health. You should start with this because if the enemy mid or top laner is with 200~250 hp you can flash Takedown him and use Ignite and that'll (probably...) result in a kill for you.
- The Bushwhack main use will be to scout and defend yourself, in the mid/late game you can use it to catch an enemy in the jungle. Obs: You can start with this if you think that the enemy team will invade.
- Pounce is incredible for chasing enemies down, or to escape through the jungle. When you kill a minion using it, reduce the cooldown in 1 second. Aso can be used to jump through some walls in the map.
- Primal Surge Nidalee heals a target ally champion and grants them bonus attack speed for 6 seconds, it'll give you a good sustain and will provide you an attack speed buff (that's why you should focus on E), that's very good to guarantee objectives like towers.
- Swipe will reduce the Pounce cooldown to 1 second when used on a "Hunted" target.
- Aspect Of The Cougar It allows Nidalee to change from human form to cougar form, and vice-versa, changing all the skills and Nidalee from melee to ranged.
- Mercury's Treads Is good because it'll give to you MR for a matchup against an AP champion, and tenacity for an enemy with CC. If you're agains an AD champion like Yasuo you should take an Ninja Tabi instead of a Mercury's Treads and make an Zephyr if you need the tenacity that you'll miss.
- It's an amazing item, and for Nidalee, everything that the Trinity Force provides it'll be useful, and it's one of the two core items for this build.
- It gives a good amount of AD and increases the damage of the critical hit, that makes the Infinity Edge the second core item for Nidalee in this build.
- The attack speed and lifesteal, and the passive makes Blade of the Ruined King an fantastic item, and the active will help you to chase enemies down or escape through the jungle. You should opt for botrk if the other team is tanky, with Swain, Alistar, Maokai.
- The new The Bloodthirster give 80 AD, and that's an absurd boost in your Takedown damage. Also it gives a shield, that's useful and it's the item that gives more lifesteal, 20%.
- That new item, is very useful to an AD Nidalee because it gives to you 10% CDR, 10% lifesteal, 80 AD and yet it gives an unique passive that makes your AAs restore your mana, Essence Reaver fits perfectly, in an AD Nidalee.
- If you're against an AP champion, Athene's Unholy Grail will provide AP, MR, CDR, and mana regen, that's all useful for Nidalee, even if you're building mainly AD. If you're going to build ER don't build this. It can be replaced by Banshee's Veil or a Spirit Visage. It can be replaced by a Frozen Heart for the armor and mana, if you're against a heavily AD team. Or a Guardian Angel if the other team is balanced, or you need the passive.
- The critical chance, move speed, attack speed, and passive, turn Statikk Shiv into a great item for Nidalee. It can be replaced by a Maw of Malmortius if you need more MR, or feels like you need more AD. You also have as an option the Void Staff "But why build an Void Staff, if you're AD?" Because the damage of your Takedown is magic, even if it's increased by AD, so if the enemy team have a lot of MR you should build the Void Staff, and it gives AP (That helps your sustain, poke and even your damage).
- You should buy Zephyr if the game is long enough for you to sell boots, and take a better item, or you chose the Ninja Tabi, but still needs the Tenacity.
Nidalee should try to land a Javelin Toss on the adc or mid, and chase him down, if that ain't possible, you should stay in human form, use your Primal Surge and poke AA in everybody, until it's possible to chase someone down.
You also can zone their carries so they don't enter in the teamfight.
You should try to get someone out of position, because that way you can burst them easily with your Takedown and chase potential.
Updates and Thanks
22/09 - After I've read the comments, I've realized some mistakes. First of all thanks to Solid_fox (love you man) I've realized that the Takedown don't scale with his level, it's only scale with the ultimate, so it's best to max the Primal Surge first for the aspd buff and sustain that it provides, and then focus on the Q because increases the damage of Javelin Toss and it can be used to poke squishy enemies. I've realized that I didn't have posted all the ability explanation, I've fixed that now. And I've added the description of the Xerath matchup.
18/10 - I've added the Essence Reaver, The Bloodthirster and Void Staff to the items, the Karma matchup, updated the icons, and corrected some grammar mistakes, and have improved some definitions and tips. And just to you know, I'm trying to put some videos of matchups, tips, teamfights and pickoffs.
Nidalee is an amazing champion, and extremely fun to play, even though it's hard to master her. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, corrections about my guide, please feel free to do so.
Upvote if you like the guide, and pelase only downvote if you feel that's absolutely necessary. If you downvote, please tell me why on the comments, and then I can perhaps adjust the mistake.
Have a happy chase with Nidalee