Build Guide by unseenstalkr
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Start laughing and calling me bad etc....
The Link posted above is a video I uploaded showing that the strategy and build works. I have another Gangplank Jungle Video coming soon, one that is more action packed with even nastier ganks.
What does this build hope to accomplish?
My game plan is to demoralize the other team by unexpected ganks and pushing turrets. While im jungling and having fun, one of my teammates is in a lane getting extra xp and levels with the hopes of being overpowered when we get to team fighting. Armed with armor penetration as my secret weapon, I get my kills and gear early before any of the other teams dps start stacking armor and health. I also snag a guardian angel around lvl 15, further destroying the other teams moral. 25 minutes in often results in a surrender!
Pro's to Gangplank Jungling
1v2 lane, either our tank or another carry dps stays a couple levels ahead.
(Hopefully the solo person can do chip damage and set you up for easy ganks at lvl
four or five, preferably after you shop and get lizard buff)
Very easy and unexpected ganks
1. No one knows where you are ever, so "Stalking" is your job.
2. Watch your mini map and bounce back and forth to see who needs help covering a tower
3. Use your ultimate as much as possible early on, everyone is slow and easy targets
4. After first shop and Lizard buff are most optimum ganking opportunities
Many uses for cannon barrage
1. The obvious, getting a kill or assist, so choose your ult carefully you need gold
2. Killing an entire wave of minions and blocking enemy from damaging a turret
(Gives you much needed gold and xp as well, very effective)
3. Escape if Ghost is on cooldown
4. If both teams are being conservative,turret hugging, use ult to kill wraith minions
5. Saving one or two of your teammates from certain death
Con's to jungling plank
1. If you have terrible teammates and they die repeatedly, you get blamed for loosing
2. Some say "plank" is not as effective as warwick jungling...
3. Being ganked early when your health is below half, mini map is your lifeline
4. Starting with elixir puts you a partial item behind, but luck has found the three pieces of gear that are cheap and very effective for Gangplank
Items to buy
1x Elixir of Fortitude
5x Healing Potions
First time shop,
1x Brawler's gloves
1x Level one boots
1x Healing and
2x Mana Potions if you have the gold
Second time shop, if you have the gold for executioner's get that if not finish out boots
1. Executioner's Calling or
2. Ninja Tabi
I can waste far too much time explaining why I get these four specific items everytime I play Gangplank, weather im jungling or laning it doesnt matter, but I would rather keep a few things secret to remain the "All Mighty Pirate"
Let the negative comments fly in!
Think outside the box and experiment!
Hope you dont play against me or one of my many proteges!
Thanks for reading and join me in the constant adrenaline rush that is my life as Gangplank!