Gangplank Build Guide by Gallard15
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Gangplank the Saltwater Scourge
Hello Summoners, and welcome to my GP build. My name is HAWX EYE and today il show you how i play Gangplank
I chose these runes because they have a great combination with Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer in the late game. However you will they are very usefull in early game, when you Parrrley a squishy champ like Ashe and see you will blow a 150+ crit at level 1, you will love their QQ in the chat :D.
Pros / Cons
P - Very resistant on this build
- Exceptional farmer with Q Parrrley and Cannon Barrage
R - Great gank pottential
- Once feeded he is "LEGENDARY"
O - Can be a solo/duo lane champion
- HUGE crits.
S - Gangplank > Nocturne
C - Mana dependent in early game
O - Must farm alot in early
N - Needs a good start
S - Needs a good team!
The items from this build are ment for extreme damage output and a bit of survival, anyway here are some items that may fit Gangplank well:
Heavy AD team
Heavy AP team
HP stacker's team
Heavy Ranged team
Ranked Build! Philosopher's Stone
(in late game transform Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold into Shurelya's Reverie and Randuin's Omen)
I prefer these masteries because it gives all the things that Gangplank needs:
- Attack dmg. per level Deadliness
- Crit. Damage with Lethality
- Nice Armor Pen. with Weapon Expertise and Sunder .
- Improved Exhaust with Summoner's Wrath
- Improved Flash with Summoner's Insight
- 20% Buff time with Runic Affinity
This skill sequence may seem a bit spooky to some of you because they will say( OMG!!! What a TROLL!!! nooob!!). Well not for me i use this one for the very reason i Troll with the other players. Some of you may ask (WHY THE **** U MAX W Remove Scurvy), i max this one first because i see 2 VERY important reasons to do it:
1. When i am fighting with a player like Master Yi in early game and we both have like 50% HP i can bait him to attack me so he will FACEPALM him self when he will see the HUGE amout of heal i gained and he will rage like a noob while their death counter is up :D
2. Let's say i have 150+ HP and their Karthus or Caitlyn will try to kill me with Requiem or Ace in the Hole, i just "Eat an orange and all is k", when they see i haven't died they will be like "Y U NO DIE???????"
I like to go Flash/ Exhaust on almost any AD champion, Flash for trolling with it over the walls and Exhaust for risky situations when im not sure i survive the dmg output or not, it is good for escape too.
You can catch up with the fleeing enemyes with you'r E Raise Morale and Ghost together, or get away.
This is a preety decent spell on Gangplank because in combination with you'r Grog-Soaked Blade can deal INSANE damage.
This is more for mobility and backdooring :D, anyway it is better for someone else in you'r team to have it.
The "Hmm.. OK" spells section:
Take this spell ONLY if you spam all of you's spells on evrything you find(helps only in early game), better leave it for the support
Take this one if you want to escape from all the bad situations but you have your Remove Scurvy wich is better in my opinion
This spell with the BUFF it got you are almost undying, the support should get this.
Helps at scouting certain paths of the map like( Dragon,Nashor,Blue,Red), Support's must have it not you :D
Take this only if you follow a JunglePlank build.
The "NEVER" spells section:
You dont need attack speed you have enough form Phantom Dancer and Trinity Force, and the AP...Useless.
DenyPlank isn't no more so this spell is useless for you now.
28.02.2012: Added Ionic Spark instead of Sword of the Divine
Changed Crit chanse with Atk. dmg. per level in the Deadliness masterie
06.01.2012: Added "Ranked Build"
05.01.2012: Added Banshee's Veil instead of Hexdrinker
04.01.2012: Build has been created
08.05.2011: - Gangplank's Armor and Magic Resist are increased
- Remove Scurvy and Cannon Barrage's cooldown's have been reduced
- GP attack range has increased
23.04.2011: - Raise Morale no longer needs a minion to activate
- Parlley's CD and base damage have been reduced but now the mana cost and Gold/kill are higher.
- Cannon Barage area of effect has been reduced, but now it slows the entire zone.
We came to this part of the build finnaly :). Hope you like it and come back for impressions and vote ;). Good luck and Have fun!
P.S. Dont troll vote if you dont try this build.