get
prime

Gnar Build Guide by Disturbedkilla

This build has been archived and is for historical display only.

PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.

We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.



Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


6K
Views
0
Comments
0
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author Disturbedkilla

Gnar The Cute Killing Machine 100% Crit build

Disturbedkilla Last updated on August 23, 2014
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

Ability Sequence

1
4
5
7
9
Ability Key Q
2
8
10
12
13
Ability Key W
3
14
15
17
18
Ability Key E
6
11
16
Ability Key R





Not Updated For Current Season

The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.



Masteries

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1/
Havoc
 
 

Offense: 21

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Legendary Guardian
 
 

Defense: 9

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bandit
Intelligence
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wanderer
 
 

Utility: 0


Guide Top

Hello Everyone

Welcome to my Gnar guide. Gnar is fairly new and I have played him quite a lot so i decided to make one for him. First up I find that Gnar can be but anywhere like bot top and mid. I decided to put him at top lane for this guide. THIS BUILD IS NOT A TANK GNAR BUILD sorry if you wanted a tank Gnar build.


Guide Top

Runes

Runes

Greater Mark of Attack Damage
9

Greater Seal of Armor
9

Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
5

Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
4

Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
1

Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
2

These runes are kinda like my Ashe build. That is because im building Gnar like an adc even though he is top. The reason im building him like an adc is because with an 100% crit chance why wouldn't you want to be Gnar?
Rune list
Glyphs
-4 scaling magic resist
-5 magic resist
Marks
-9 attack damage
Seals
-9 armor
Quints
-1 attack speed
-2 attack damage


Guide Top

Masteries

Masteries
1/5
4/5
3/5
1/1
1/1
3/5
1/1
3/1
3/
1/
2/5
2/5
1/1
3/5
1/1
Great for destroying with more attack damage and armor pen. Blade Weaving is actually really good and so is spell weaving. Basically these masteries give tons of damage.


Guide Top

Abilities

Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Always max your Q first and then max your W. Get your Ult and then lastly get your E.
Gnar's Q or boomerang is his Harass use it for getting people in their turret range. His W makes him deal more damage every third attack and gives movement speed. Gnar's E is an escape or a gap closer. When he is Mega Gnar his Q slows the target and deals little bit less damage than your boomerang but has a higher slow. Mega Gnar's W stuns the target. Mega Gnar's E is Crunch dealing AOE damage. His Ult if you hit them into a wall stuns and deals a lot more damage to them than normal. You can also use it if there running away and so you use your E then use your Ult. Here is the combo i use when trying to land my ultCOMBO FOR MEGA GNAR
-E
-R
-W
-Q
-Repeat Q


Guide Top

Items

100% Crit Chance WHO WOULDN'T WANT THAT? The Infinity Edge gives an 25% crit chance. The two Phantom Dancers together give 60%. Thats 85% then add in the Statikk shiv. That is 105% but will only go to 100% meaning every hit is a crit. Now how great is that? You also get 30% life steal which is great for Gnar. Now as you can imagine. Mega gnar has a stun so think about that. 100% crits and you can stun? Sounds really OP right now doesn't it?


Guide Top

Spells

Flash and Teleport are great to get a kill and help a lane. This is what i use but if your starting him you can get Flash and Heal.


Guide Top

Having Trouble?

If you are having trouble catching the boomerang its fine. It takes some practice but you'll get it very fast. Practice on a custom game just throwing your boomerang at minions.


Guide Top

Pros / Cons


Pros
-Great Harass
-No Mana
-No Energy
-Runs off cool downs
-Can stay in lane without having to get mana
-Gets great armor and health when Mega Gnar
-This build is an 100% crit chance
-Can Easily Dodge a gank with his E

Cons
-Boomerangs can be sometimes hard to catch
-Cannot Control when to switch into Mega Gnar
-Not the best Range
-Only gets bonus armor health as Mega Gnar


Guide Top

Farming

When Farming its best to always use your Q on the minions. Best thing to do is Q then AA Twice to get the w impact explode or just wait for your minions to get them low.


Guide Top

Summary

Thank you everyone that has seen this guide I will be updating it as soon as possible.