Jinx Build Guide by CaptainBio
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello! Welcome to my Jinx build guide!
Jinx is the latest ADC to be added to League of Legends, she has a range of 525 making her a ranged Champion with one of the shortest ranges in the game. Jinx's range is drastically increased to 700 when using level five Fishbones! Jinx has a very powerful kit, her Q ( Switcheroo! ) Allows her to switch between her two weapons, Pow Pow! Jinx's short ranged mini-gun and Fishbones!, Jinx's Longer ranged rocket launcher. We will go into more detail about these later. Jinx's W ( Zap! ) Is a very powerful poke, and is great in the laning phase. Jinx's E ( Flame Chompers! ) is a great ability to stop enemies if you are being chased or to catch them out. And finally, her R ( Super Mega Death Rocket! ) is a Global execute ultimate, that does increased damage on the distance it travels.
Also, this is my first guide so constructive criticism is welcome ^^ Gl & Hf!
Pros / Cons
- Great Attack Damage
- Excellent Duellist
- Very powerful Poke
- Global Execute Skillshot
- Can become untouchable late game
- Strong CC
- Low Cooldows
- No Escapes
- Easily out poked by champions like Caitlyn
- Can be very Mana Heavy
- Hard to master
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Life Steal
These are great Runes for Jinx as they provide sustainability in lane with the life steal Quints and AD Marks granting that extra bit of life steal in lane.
The seals of Armor and glyphs for mr allow you to take reduced damage from the enemy adc and support.
Standard ADC masteries, taking everything on the right except Summoner's Wrath as Ignite is not used in this guide, however, if you do wish to use Ignite you should swap Barrier for Ignite and Summoner's Resolve for Summoner's Wrath as there would be no need to use Summoner's Resolve with Summoner's Wrath .
Due to Jinx being very mana hungry against heavy poke champions like Caitlyn and Varus, would mean you using more mana with return pokes so I would recommend going 21/6/4 taking 3 points for Meditation under utility.
That is what your Item build should look like when you're fully built. This is a very balanced mix of attack speed, attack damage, and critical chance. Combined with the passive of Pow Pow!, Jinx can easily reach an attack speed of 2.50 in a few seconds when fully built. When your The Bloodthirster is fully stacked and you have Infinity Edge You're life steal and overall attack damage will be insane combined with your attack speed. Berserker's Greaves is pretty standard and grants you attack speed and of course, movement speed. Will allow you to poke and retreat to s safe distance with Zap! and your auto attacks. The enchantment could also be swapped with if you want to get back into battle quickly, or, if you just want the extra movement speed.
I'm not sure of all of Jinx's strengths and weaknesses against other champions but I'll include what I've learnt so far.
- Vayne (Can keep consistently poking)
- Ashe (Once again, can out poke Ashe and Jinx deals a lot more damage than Ashe in the laning Phase)
- Miss Fortune (Jinx deals a lot more damage than MF early game, meaning she needs to base a lot)
- Twitch (Although Twitch is a heavy damage dealer, Jinx can keep harassing Twitch to stop him from getting farm. Playing against Twitch can be a high risk, high reward situation)
- Kog'Maw (Kog'maw has low range can can be easily harassed because he needs to be close to the minions to kill them)
- Tristana (Tristana has a splash ability like Jinx's but, she can't use it as much as Jinx can. Because of this Jinx can keep attacking the minions and still deal more damage to Trist than she is getting back)
- Vayne (Vayne is here also because of her ability to easily dodge Jinx's poke and she can out range Jinx)
- Caitlyn (HaTlAdy) (Jinx is weak against Caitlyn for two reasons, Caitlyn's Poke goes through minions, Jinx's doesn't and Caitlyn can out range Jinx)
- Draven (Draven is really powerful and gains gold quickly allowing him to get his items quicker and easily take an advantage over Jinx)
Jinx is an ADC, and like most ADC's, she is squishy, this means Jinx should always be at the back of a team fight, shielded by the tanks and supports. When you're playing Jinx, you should focus on picking of the damage dealers, the people closest to you and the people with the least amount of HP. Jinx can also use her Super Mega Death Rocket! in teamfights to do a lot of damage to all enemies in the team fight and possibly execute a few people. When using Jinx's ultimate, you should be a distance away from the fight so the rocket can do more damage.
V. 0.71 - Fixed more grammatical errors
V. 0.7 - Added a Team Work chapter focusing on Jinx's teamfighting ability.
V. 0.61 - Updated main items so ' The Bloodthirster shows
V. 0.6 - Added an update log, fixed a few grammatical errors, added some counters
V. 0.5 - Launched the guide
Thank you for reading my guide so far! It is not yet finished and will be extended over the next few days as I learn more about this awesome champ. As I said in the introduction, this is my first ever build guide and I am looking for Constructing Criticism and anything you like about the guide!
If you want to add me on EUW, my summoner name is 'Glarthired'. I'll always be up to a game so just message me and I'll play with you!