Irelia Build Guide by shizonme
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Irelia, in my opinion is probably one of the most fluent and aggressive top lanes in the entire game. I know that a lot of people love her or hate her, in this guide, I absolutely adore Irelia, and she’s the best top lane I’ve played in quite a while. I love her capability to hop in and hop out with ease being able to wreck the opponent and jump out of a fight is a much overpowered feature that comes with Irelia.
If you have questions about the guide or would like to give me some general feedback, please do so, I strongly encourage people to give me feedback as much as possible; I’m trying to get the hang of building guides.
IGN: T R I B U S H
Pros / Cons
- Has to play aggressive in order to be successful
- Gank dependant
- Not a lot of sustain
- Needs to roam hard as soon as lane phase is over
- Requires medium 2 high skill levels to use this guide
- Very aggressive build
- Easy to kill opponents from early to late game
- Will destroy any opposing top lane
- Build is easy to change or tweak from mid-late game
- Mobile as a Twisted Fate or Pantheon once you get Trinity Force
- Farming, including last hitting is really easy
- Will have a lot of $$$$$$ to spend
- The ability to steal enemy’s jungle with ease
Reasons for Flash
- Perfect gap closing ability
- Works great with Ignite ( Flash+ Ignite)
- Allows Irelia to engage then immediately Flash out of fights
- If getting chased, Flash the hell out of there
- Standard pick in most cases when using Irelia or other top lane champs
Reasons for Ignite
- Works really good with Flash, Flash in, Ignite, get out
- Good finishing technique in case of fleeing opponent
- Concentrate focus on squishies and Ignite, let them die while you focus your attention on others
- Standard pick for most top lane champions
- If fighting someone higher hp than you, provides you the chance to do extra DPS and possibly pull out a win
- Gives you the extra sustain you need in lane when using Irelia
Masteries & Runes
The masteries I’ve selected are pretty standard and should be self explanatory. However, here’s a little behind the scenes information. I took the attack damage side of the offense chain because I play Irelia with as an ad/off tank, most of her skills are hybrid in nature, so building her as an AP off tank or AD off tank doesn’t affect her damage output. However, you should decide which way the offense chain goes, if you’re going as an AP off tank, go down the AP side of the chain.
- I really like the speed boost from this Quintessence. Irelia is usually pretty movement speed dependant because she needs to be able to roam around and steal from the enemy’s jungle.
- Gives her a good flat boost to start early game with so when mixed with the Boots of Speed, she has a great mobility boost from the gecko.
- Escaping, counter jungling, mobility, gap closing and engagement techniques are of ease with this rune.
- Having the extra health in lane really adds to the sustain that Irelia lacks in early-mid game.
- Provides you with the option of opting out a Warmog's Armor if you have enough health by late game with the inclusion of items like Trinity Force.
- This rune can be opted out and replaced with attack speed if you don’t like the feel of the rune after testing out the guide.
- Pretty self explanatory rune. Adds an attack speed boost so that you can focus on building your Hexdrinker
- Lets you build up that wit’s end buff quicker than usual.
- Once again, adds that attack speed boost for reasons mentioned ABOVE
- Obviously these are required to reduce the cool downs on Irelia’s spells.
- These can be swapped out for mercury’s treads if you’re getting CC’d or need the extra magic resist, although you shouldn’t need the extra magic resist with this build once having wit’s end and Hexdrinker
- Gives you the opportunity to spam spells way more, including Transcendent Blades & Bladesurge
- I really love having the Hexdrinker because you get that shield which gives you a better chance of escaping or getting an edge in a one versus one fight.
- This should be bought right after buying Ionian Boots of Lucidity
- Don’t worry about attack speed you have your Greater Mark of Attack Speed and Greater Glyph of Attack Speed to ensure you attack speed
- Eventually build your Hexdrinker into Maw of Malmortius, I recommend doing so once you’ve bought your Trinity Force
- Start by building the Phage first, then the Sheen, finishing with the Zeal
- Trinity Force simply adds to all the things that Irelia is dependent on throughout the entire game
- You’re going to love this item with the rest of the build specifications, it will give you the opportunity to roam, counter jungle and do all those things you need to do as Irelia
- I always get this item for the buff it provides you and your team with
- Gives Irelia even more health than she already has with the runes & Trinity Force
- Gives you the ability to become a main aggressor in team fights and start tanking heavy damage if needed
- Makes you invincible, I think that’s really all I can say about this item, other than it’s a must have for an off tank.
If you have feedback for me it would be awesome and i really want to hear what you guys think. Try out the guide first, see if it works, if it doesn't, tell me what went wrong, if it does, give me a positive vote.
Also, if you check out my other guides, they're not as good, but they still go over the main ingredients for a guide, that would be awesome. This is by far the most time I've spent on a guide and it's probably the best one I've done yet.
IGN: T R I B U S H