Graves Build Guide by LoLIndiez
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
MALCOLM GRAVES - THE OUTLAW
The History of Graves:
Malcolm Graves was born in the back of a Bilgewater tavern and left there with a bottle of spiked milk. He survived a childhood in the pirate-run slums using every dirty trick in the book. Intent on building a new life for himself, he stowed away on the first ship to the mainland he could sneak aboard. However, the grim realities of the world forced him to eke out an unsavory living in the underground of various city-states, jumping the border whenever things got too hot. At a particularly high-stakes game of cards, he found himself seated opposite Twisted Fate. They both flipped four aces on the final hand. It was the first time either conman had met his equal. The two formed an alliance, swindling marks at the tables and scrapping back-to-back in the alleys afterward. Together, they ran the streets – stacking chips, decks, and rap sheets.
Unfortunately Graves made the mistake of hustling a hefty sum from Dr. Aregor Priggs, a high-ranking Zaunite official and businessman. When Priggs discovered how he’d been played, he became obsessed with revenge. He learned about Twisted Fate’s all-consuming desire to control magic and he promptly offered him a trade: serve Graves up in exchange for enrollment in a procedure which would grant his wish. Twisted Fate took the deal – both he and Graves knew the stakes of their arrangement, but the offer was too good. Once acquired, Priggs had Graves taken to a special location built to hold men whose crimes – or more precisely their punishments – were meant to stay off the books. Graves endured years of captivity at the hands of Zaun’s most unscrupulous wardens before he managed to escape. One of his fellow detainees introduced him to an eccentric gunsmith who modified a shotgun exactly to his specifications. He named it “Destiny.” After he paid a visit to Priggs, Graves joined the League of Legends with two targets in his sights: Twisted Fate and payback.
“They got a saying in the locker: ain’t got nothin’ but time to plan.” –Graves, the Outlaw
This Build is designed to attack multiple enemies at a time with massive damage and a great chance to critically hit the opponent. This build makes Graves very valuable to the team, and can mean that he can carry a team to victory.
Pro's and Con's
+ Amazing end-game
+ Own's when laning with support champions
+ Huge amounts of damage
+ Massive critical hits
+ Can absolutely destroy minion groups around mid-game
+ Slow at start
+ Weak against other ranged AD characters at start, such as Miss Fortune or Ashe, eg.
+ Smaller range then other ranged AD character.
Exhaust: Good for slowing down your opponent to either chase them down or get away.
Flash: Can be used to quickly teleport to and/or from enemies. Can also be used to jump through walls.
Teleport:-Optional It is really good for getting around to places fast when you need to.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Mana
Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+plus items) Physical Damage per bullet
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 Mana
Damage: 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.6) Magic Damage
Cost: 50 Mana
Attack Speed: 40/50/60/70/80% for 4 sec.
Cost: 100 Mana
Damage:-first enemy 250/375/500 (+1.4) Physical Damage
Damage:-additional enemies 150/275/400 (+1.2) Physical Damage
Mid-Game: Your Buckshot should be a high level around now as well as your Smoke Screen and Quickdraw being around half way to max. This will help with those fights with groups of champions. Level up Collateral Damage when possible. You'll be able to deal relatively large amounts of damage and then chase them down by using either Smoke Screen to slow them, or Quickdraw to speed up to them then finish them off with you Ultimate move Collateral Damage.
Late-Game: Your should be around level 18 now and have most of the items in the build. Having maxed out all your skills and completing the build items such as the Infinty edge and the Tiamat really make your Champion Graves overpowered compared to others.
- Doran's Blade: Good starting item, adds extra health which helps prevent early-game deaths.
- Boots of Speed: Graves is pretty slow by default and it can really get annoying. By purchasing some boots that problem just runs away.
- Berserker's Greaves: Similar to the previous item, the greaves just give some added movement speed with an added 25% attack speed which proves pretty handy against enemies.
- The Black Cleaver: This weapon adds some much needed armor penetration. Without this item it is harder to kill tank champions with high protection against physical damage.
Credits to Eqooo for this idea.
Sword of the Occult:-OPTIONAL I suggest you try it. Because of it's stacks the weapon can be pretty damn useful, especially if your good at racking up lots of kills. Your champion earns 5 attack damage per stack. For every kill your champion receives 2 stacks and for every assist your champion earns 1. Best of all it can stack 20 times, that's a total of 100 additional damage plus 15% movement speed while your stack is maxed out. Be careful though, each time you die you lose a third of the stacks.
- Tiamat: This item is all about the splash damage. With one weapon adding 50% extra damage to melee enemies and 35% extra damage to range enemies around the targeted opponent. This means by adding multiple Tiamat's you increase this number every time you purchase another. By the end of the game you'll be doing more damage to the enemies you aren't directly attacking.
- B. F. Sword: This is simply a lead on to the infinity edge. This item gives some needed attack damage that can really help finish off enemy champions.
- Infinity Edge: This item gives you some much needed critical strike chance as well as a nice amount of attack damage.
- Zeal: This is just a lead on to the Phantom Dancer.
- Phantom Dancer: This item really helps complete Graves' build. The added 30 critical hit chance and 55 additional attack speed makes Graves a fast deadly opponent.
If you use all of these item's you'll be slaughtering the enemy in no time. :D
Graves overall is a fun Attack Damage champion with a little bit of tank in him. This build will make Graves extremely powerful against the other side. If you have any comments, questions or queries about my build, please don't hesitate to ask! I'd be more than happy to help.
Anyway good luck with the build and have fun playing :D
Vote, comment etc. I'd really appreciate it :)
This guide is a work in progress, so expect more in depth content soon.
Credits to runeterra.com for the head banner, Chapz for helping with the build idea and jhoijhoi for his guide on how to make a build.