Nocturne Build Guide by PsiGuard

1,635 VOTES
Rate Up LoL Guide Rate Down LoL Guide
League of Legends Build Guide Author PsiGuard

Haunting the Jungle - Nightmare Style

PsiGuard Last updated on April 19, 2014
9,059,982 657
Comments (page 58 of 66)
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar by PsiGuard » March 3, 2013 10:50pm | Report

Blade of the Ruined King will be added into the guide in my next update. So far it seems to be somewhat dependent on your team comp since it's a heavy gold sink into offense, but as long as you have an initiator it's been pretty nice. The early Bilgewater Cutlass is great for ganking since the MS steal helps get your Unspeakable Horror off. :)


Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
ozakip's Forum Avatar by ozakip » March 6, 2013 1:20am | Report

another tip for dusk-bringer : it can be used to follow stealth champions such as rengar + kha'zix very effectively

Fak3cz's Forum Avatar by Fak3cz » March 10, 2013 1:07pm | Report

This new meta is so annoying...
"hey lets jungle, build solari, aegis, and being tanky as *, no matter which champion am I playing"
I dont say its not working, just annoying :D


Please visit my Nautilus In-Depth (Charge) Guide!

Currently 1st
tehAsian's Forum Avatar by tehAsian » March 12, 2013 7:34pm | Report

Hey Psi, do you know NinjaKen? He's a Challenger Tier Nocturne main, and builds literally the same thing every game.

Wriggles > Boots > Triforce > Randuins/Aegis (I assume Randuins if he wants to kill carries, Aegis otherwise) > Some other stuff that he never finishes I guess.

21/9/0 masteries, Exhaust Smite for Summoners.

15 AD Runes

I've tried it and it worked surprisingly well, except for the fact that the people I was playing against weren't that great ;p

Just wanna know your thoughts/opinions.


LaCorpse's Signature Cafe


Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
Zealot362's Forum Avatar by Zealot362 » March 12, 2013 9:21pm | Report

I just have to ask, why does this build seem to focus on being tanky and not assassinating? I always figured Nocturne played as a quick get in and kill w/ paranoia and get out with flash or natural escape.

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
Darkest hell's Forum Avatar by Darkest hell » March 13, 2013 4:16pm | Report

Hello
I have read and I like this nocturne guide but I usually go whit [*] Statikk Shiv and [*] Bloody hydra for extrem snowballing even if I just goes to push down a tower. Has you ever thought about this strategy and if have then please tell me if you thinks it's valid or not.

//The Darkest Hell


The Darkest Hell
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar by PsiGuard » March 14, 2013 3:04pm | Report

tehAsian wrote:

Hey Psi, do you know NinjaKen? He's a Challenger Tier Nocturne main, and builds literally the same thing every game.

Wriggles > Boots > Triforce > Randuins/Aegis (I assume Randuins if he wants to kill carries, Aegis otherwise) > Some other stuff that he never finishes I guess.

21/9/0 masteries, Exhaust Smite for Summoners.

15 AD Runes

I've tried it and it worked surprisingly well, except for the fact that the people I was playing against weren't that great ;p

Just wanna know your thoughts/opinions.

Yeah, I see him on stream a lot. Never really understood his style. Trinity Force has been buffed twice since the start of season 3 so it's better than it used to be. Still not a big fan, probably won't put it in my guide.

I played with 21/9/0 in season 3 for a while. It was nice and it works, but I like 9/21/0 better. You don't get a whole lot past 9 points in offense. It's okay, but not the way I'd recommend playing.

Don't like Exhaust. It's the next best thing to Flash and really the only other option I'd consider, but I still don't like it.

I honestly don't understand the 15 AD runes. Even for a focus on champion damage, I'd run at least six armor pen marks. No real reason not to. Most people are running attack speed on a lot of junglers in season 3 to make good use of machete.

I'll probably try Trinity Force for a few games and see how it goes. So far I'm liking the Blade of the Ruined King rush into Bulwark/Randuin's though.

Zealot362 wrote:
I just have to ask, why does this build seem to focus on being tanky and not assassinating? I always figured Nocturne played as a quick get in and kill w/ paranoia and get out with flash or natural escape.

The short answer is that you don't need much damage to kill carries and you need durability to be useful as a melee and as a jungler. Playing glass cannon Nocturne doesn't work very well at a competitive level.

Darkest hell wrote:
Hello
I have read and I like this nocturne guide but I usually go whit [*] Statikk Shiv and [*] Bloody hydra for extrem snowballing even if I just goes to push down a tower. Has you ever thought about this strategy and if have then please tell me if you thinks it's valid or not.

Nocturne really doesn't need to itemize in order to push lanes quickly. Just clear minions with Duskbringer and Umbra Blades.


Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
ohPreston's Forum Avatar by ohPreston » March 17, 2013 9:47pm | Report

This is the best build for Nocturne Globally I went first time Noc, FOllowed the build, and went 8-2
Jeez This guy is mlg pro

bitpik's Forum Avatar by bitpik » March 19, 2013 12:35am | Report

This is the guide people should use for jungling.



2500 ELO

Signature made by Hogopogo.
Starki113r's Forum Avatar by Starki113r » March 20, 2013 10:53pm | Report

+1

Just wish my own guide could gain as much recognition. Of course, I'm impatient; you've had this for years, while mine's been out a few days.

Nice work. Helped save my *** in my early Nocturne days, before I started experimenting and decided on my own build. Keep it up.


Build(s) and Guide(s):



Fortune Favors the Bold


100% Approval Rating, Ranked Second for Pantheon guides.


Quick Reply

Please log in or register to comment!

Mobafire

General Guides

League of Legends

More Guides

The Charts


Featured

30 Days

All Time

Popular
Top Guide by Champion

About the Author

PsiGuard
Moderator

More Guides from PsiGuard

LoL Champion  Guides
Haunting the Jungle - Nightmare Style
Updated April 19, 2014

Scheduled Tournaments

ASTRO Community Cup NA - April
Registration Open
Dominate Dominion #104
Registration Open
ASTRO Community Cup EU - April
Finished
Dominate Dominion #103
Finished

Drop-in Games

MOBAFire Inhouses
Registration Open