Hecarim Build Guide by Sick Elusive
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys it's me SiCk eLuSiiVe and this will be my very first guide on mobafire. I am very excited to share some information i have gathered about Hecarim. He is truly a very fun jungling champ. Hecarim specializes in many different things. In this guide I will be covering:
- Methods of Attacking
- Situational Items
- Masteries and Why
- Runes and Why
- Summoner Spells
- Wriggle's Lantern: Makes EVERYTHING so much easier, when your jungling, farming, survival, and damage, PLUS unlimited wards! What more can you ask for! (Main Jungling Item)
- Mercury's Treads: Extra movement speed like all other boots, adds extra tankyness with the magic resist and tenacity
- Trinity Force: Most amazing item for Hecarim. It adds movement speed, AD, AP, CRIT, ATK SPEED, health, mana! its just so awsome. Hecarim does not have any slows so this item helps so much with CC and easier ganks and kills with the ongoing slow. Dont forgot the extra ATK dmg after each spell.
- Sunfire Cape: This item is just awesome for a Hecarim. it adds MORE damage with you ongoing AoE Spirit of Dread so double the damage and more health so more tankyness
- The Bloodthirster: Adding this will make your damage go BOOM! Your damage will go up to around 270! You will be ripping them to SHREDZZ!!
- Thornmail: This item will get your armor to around 278 which is 77% reduced AD Damage!
its passive also return a percentage of damage back to the attacker!
- Warmog's Armor: Getting this will allow you to have arounr 3.8k+ Health! having this and Thornmail will let you tank anyone that is AD. PLUS! the extra health regen will help Hecarim alot because he doesnt have a whole lot of health regen.
Enemies that are AP:
- Force of Nature: This will get your magic resist to around 150+! plus extra move speed and SUPER huge amounts of health regen making you never die!!
- Abyssal Scepter: This item will give you a bit of ap and magic resist. I put this item on because the extra AP causes Spirit of Dread and Onslaught of Shadows to do some extra damage! With this item you can do all your skills combo plus 2-3 auto attacks and your enemy is dead.
If you want to add the situational items then take off wriggs then add both of em :D
Runes and Why
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
- Adds great damage
- Keeps you alive in the jungle
- Hecarim is weak in damage so this helps alot
Greater Seal of Armor:
- Adds bonus armor for Jungling
- Late game armor helps alot
- More survivability
- Easier Jungle
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist:
- Adds bonus Magic resist for easier jungle
- More survivabilty
- Helps you tank more
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed:
- Bonus movement speed for quicker jungle
- The passive adds on more damage for you
- More mobility
- Helps Devastating Charge with the movement speed
Masteries and Why
- Hecarim needs to be a bruiser/tank/jungler. To do that you specialize in Weapon Expertise , Indomitable , and Swiftness
Thanks to Minkey for the jungling route picture
- Yellow lines are going to be your proper jungle route you dont really need a leashe for blue but i recommend it :D
- Orange lines are for where to gank after your done jungling.
- Red dots are where to properly put your wriggler's wards.
Methods of Attacking
Hecarim has many different ways of attacking and uses of his abilities. Im going to tell you the ways i attack on different situations.
- Ghost: This summoner spell is great for Hecarim because of the bonus speed for even faster Devastating Charge and extra bonus AD damage because of your passive Warpath
- Smite: This summoner spell is great for jungling and getting through the jungle easier. its just amazing take it. (standard jungling spell)
Hecarim focuses on being a bruiser/tank/jungler. he is a great initiator and jungler by finishing the jungle route in around 3-4 mins. His tankiness and mobility is super high which makes him a very awesome and fun champion to play.
Well thats my guide, there will be changes as i play hime more and more thank you all for reading.
-Made guide and published :)
-Made summary section because i forgot ahah :D
-Fixed the Runes and Why section, there was some item and naming errors.