So. New champion comes out, I always hear the usual "omg new guy's so op!!" chants from my friends.. This time, however I didn't. They told me that he's just "alright. nothing special."
I took that as a challenge to find out how to play him in an "OP" manner :)
So far, this is the most effective way I've built him, and have had GREATTTT success. So much beef, so much damage, so much healing from his W.
If you're looking for a new, fun, effective way to play Hecarim, then try this build out and let me know how you did!
Pros / Cons
- AMAZING Initiator
- Great chaser/escapes
- Awesome ganks
- High damage output
- High amount of "beef"
- Tons of healing with AP on his W
- Most of damage is later game
- 1v1'ing isn't amazing
- Best played with a cooperative team
Marks: Magic Pen. Trust me.
Seals: Armor helps with jungle early as well as tanking tower late-game
Glyphs: CDR extremely useful for Q and W
Quints: Makes him even faster and deal more dmg with his passive and his E
Offensive Tree: Minion dmg helps in jungle/ghost buff
Defensive Tree: Helps early jungle/more movement speed/CDR
Utility Tree: More mana/movement speed/longer jungle buffs
Start with a jungle (top lane is OK if you're not comfortable jungling). Go to wolves to start, ask for some help. Get a leash for blue, smite it, then procede to make your way through your own jungle. Keep an eye out for enemies who are over-extended, and gank WHENEVER possible!!
Continue farming the jungle HARDcore. Get dragon whenver possible, and help with more ganks/team fights/tower pushing.
Your MAIN purpose is to INIATIATE. ALLLLLL DAYYY :) make sure your skills are off of CD, and help dominate team fights. Jump in, deal a butt-ton of damage, and chase down any survivors. You ARE OP, enjoy the ego-boost post game ;)
The Almighty Initiator!
Ok, if you haven't noticed, I've been pushing the idea that Hecarim is one of the best initiators in the game. Here's a brief explanation of how to do it right, and why he's so godly at it.
*both teams dancing back and forth waiting for that one brave soul to make the first move*
1. Activate your E and charge towards the enemy team
2. Pop your ulti and land SLIGHTLY behind the enemy team (so they are feared towards your team)
3. Immediately hit your W and Randuins.
4. Spam your Q as fast as you can and auto attack the carry if possible
5. Continue to cycle through W and Q whenever possible
6. Chase down any survivors using your W to slow them
7. See the word "ACE" on screen and smirk with pride :)