Hecarim Build Guide by smiLiwaT
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
And probably 1 isn't enought so take listen this aswell
Great songs by great artists <3
Since his first sighting on the northwestern shores of Valoran, the towering, armored specter known as Hecarim struck a chilling fear into the hearts of all who laid eyes upon him. No one had ever seen anything like his titanic, ethereal form before, and the mystery of his sudden arrival was deeply unnerving. When Hecarim began to march eastwards, leaving a trail of desolate, lifeless ground behind him, the villagers of the plains fled their homes for the safety of nearby Demacia. In the city's now-overcrowded taverns, rumors about this inhuman phantom spread in hushed whispers. Some claimed that he was the vengeful shade of an ancient warrior, intent on destroying all living beings; one man insisted that they had seen him leading an entire legion of spectral cavalrymen; others still believed him to be the creation of some hateful necromancer. One Demacian commander, seeking to dispel the terror that had gripped the city, assembled a few of his finest soldiers and rode out to turn back or destroy Hecarim.
The commander led his soldiers to stand in Hecarim's path and braced for his assault. As the apparition bore down on them, an overwhelming sensation of dread gripped the warriors. The men, frozen in fear, could only scream as the ghostly titan ran them down, tearing them apart and trampling them beneath his iron hooves. Hecarim turned to the crippled, cowering commander and uttered a chilling statement: "This is merely the beginning. No mortal army can withstand the might of the Shadow Isles." With that, Hecarim departed, resuming his grim march. Driven to insanity by his nightmarish experience, the commander stumbled back to Demacia, where his dire warnings were dismissed as the ravings of a madman. While Hecarim's origin and intent were still a mystery, his destination became clear when he reached the Institute of War and, in a voice both ominous and commanding, demanded entry into the League of Legends.
Videos about Hecarim
Champion Spotlight - Hecarim, the Shadow of War
League of Legends - Hecarim Art Spotlight
Pros / Cons
+ Great farmer.
+ Strong fighter, good dueler and team-fighter.
+ Great initiator.
+ Great passive. Can walk through minions and get AD form Movement speed.
+ Really good chaser/fleeter.
+ Strong and sustainable jungler / solo top.
- Devastating Charge will knock back you too.
- Mana hungry early game.
- Can't handle early trades.
- Will have issues in jungle with.
- Item dependent
- When initiating will probably die first.
Greater Mark of Alacrity
Theese marks will help you to last him / hit a enemy early , because Rampage at low levels deal small damage.
The viable summoner spells
It's good summoner for healing champions or for more damage and it goes well with you are fighting 1 versus 1 to maximaze your damage. Good finisher spell , because Hecarim don't really have it .
The semi-viable summoner spells
Good summoner spell for newbie Hecarim players, who don't know limits of his strenght. Also good in fights or solo lane.
Warpath (passive) - One of the best passives for a ganker/roamer , it's really similar to Fizz passive - Nimble Fighter, in addition it converts your Movement speed to Attack damage, so items like Trinity Force or Force of Nature will be viable.
Rampage (Q) - One of skills why i play Hecarim , if you got your 2 stacks you can use Rampage every second or 2.
This is your main poke, early its damage wont be big, but it got low cooldown and small mana cost.
- Try to harass your enemie , when he will got to take a last-hit , use it and he will lose damage.
- One of your main farm abilities good combo with Spirit of Dread , so you can farm big waves with it.
- When you are figting with enemy try to spam Rampage so he would lose more health.
- At low levels it will be semi uneffective to farm with Rampage since it doesen't deal that much damage early game.
- When you are in jungle , try to last hit a last creep with Rampage so you would keep stacks of it when moving to next lane so you would deal more damage
Spirit of Dread (W) - Your main sustain ability , this skill will make you a good traider since you can suck HP from nearby minions AND champion.
In jungle you will need it since your 3 Health Potion will be eaten really fast you will need to stay alive.
- Clearing big waves with Rampage + Spirit of Dread combo will not only let you to farm well but will heal you.
- When fighting remeber that Spirit of Dread is damage over time spell , it deals 80 magical damage in 4 second.
- When trading with enemies you will want to wait when he will have a big wave so you would heal from it when hitting enemie , but when your fighting try to lure enemy to your creeps , so you would heal from his creeps but they wouldnt attack you.
- Items like Sheen or Trinity Force will let you deal more damage ( from Sheen you will deal + 20 damage)
Devastating Charge (E) - This is Hecarim bread and butter, this skill is his main - Initate/escape/chase/mobility skill. With Devastating Charge you can me in mid lane but in like few seconds farming top, and if a team fight starts you will come and fight.
- Try to farm , because you got all you need 2 AoE spells and mobility spell, so you can easily roam.
- In mid game or end of early game , you can roam , since you will most time be pushing, especially versus champins like Nasus you can go gank mid lane.
- When your in jungle its your main ganking tool.
- Try to run in front of enemie if you want to knock back him , so you wont save him , but drop him farther in team.
- If your team is fleeting , and some slow ally is trying to run and he being chased, dont be a hero don't try to Devastating Charge into a enemy , since you will lose your speed and you will knock back your self in.
Onslaught of Shadows (R) - RIDERS OF THE STORM, this is how i call this skill :D. OK jokes away. This ultimate is one of the game changers since you can fear whole enemy team. Also good as escape mehanism, since you dont take Flash , you can go throught walls with it.
- When ganking use your Devastating Charge first and if enemy got a gap closer like Flash he will use it to get away from you , if he does use your Onslaught of Shadows to fear him.
- In a team fight good landed Onslaught of Shadows must fear 2-3 eneimes.
- Also good for stealing stuff like Baron.
- If enemies chase you , use your Onslaught of Shadows to go throught walls.
Core items and Explanation
Force of Nature
This is really good - Bruise/tank item , it makes you a better tank. It will give you Magic Resistance , Health regen and movement speed - AD. Also it's really cheap item, it's really worth it.
Is really good choice versus CC teams or AP teams. , I would advice to take theese since, you will be initator and all the "Arsenal" will be unleashed on you.
NOT ADVISED BOOTS
Boots of Swiftness
Theese boots will have synergy with your Warpath and you can take theese if you roeam alot, or if you are in jungle and need to put presure on lanes.
This is great item versus fed carries or strong AD teams. And CDR is always better for you.It's one of the rare type of items that you take on Hecarim , you will gane mana and armore, so you can now spam more.
As a tank/initiator you will probably die first, so if you think that your team needs you , buy this. so you could charge back again in the fight
This item is great combo with Force of Nature and can totally block all AP carries. Even whenit's price got up it's still worth, also Attack speed is viable for you.
Aegis of the Legion
This is great item if your not fed / solo top / supporting Hecarim. Great versus balanced enemy teams and helps your team in fights
This is really good item to take late game, since your a AoE champion you can charge in a middle of a fight and use it's active, and it will slow your opponents.
Great item versus massive CC team , use it wise. Wait till all CC is wasted on you use its active and be freeee ;D.
Maw of Malmortius
Great item versus AP team or few AP carries. Remember its active won't work versus AD if your fighting 1 versus 1.
This item will be good for you , because you will stack it very fast and Rampage scacks with on hit effects like Life steal
This item is used for Tanky AD teams with frozen hearth or any other Armor item.Or if you want to maximize your damage, you could try to do pure damage.
New and effective item (way better then previous Stark's Ferver). It gives you CDR / AS / Life steal what else do you need ? Also a good combo with your The Brutalizer.
This will be item if your not going tanky build , but just puire damage , then you can take Phantom Dancer .
Junglers Early Game
- As a jungler who uses mana you need your blue buff, so keep track of it, because your semi-mana hungry.
- Your camp clear time is really fast , so that gives your advantiges for level 2 ganks.
- Try to farm all the game, so you wouldn't fall behind your team mates and you would not be under-leveled or underfarmed.
- Hecarim is good at counter-jungling, you can clear camps fast and easy, and even if you get caught you will easily get away with your Ghost or Devastating Charge
- Try to carry a Sight Ward, so you can keep your allies safe, and know where enemies are going.
I listed only tips what you could do as situational.
Toplaners Early Game
Hecarim is really capable of holding and dominating top , he's a good farmer and trader. He will be really hard to gank.
- Hecarim can easily clear entire minion wave with his Rampage and Spirit of Dread , combo but that is really mana costly.
- Also if you got not really aggresive opponent like Nasus that will try to farm all game , you can farm and deal damage to his so he wont go close to you , just use your Rampage and try to hit minons and him.
- If a jungler comes and your pushing till enemies bush , go in it and wait till enemie jungler is near then Devastating Charge onto him and run free.
- Also keep a Sight Ward in your invintory so you could ward your bushes.
Junglers Mid Game
- Try to gank lanes. This is really important for all junglers since mid and early games are the most important parts of the game you should try to help your teammates to win lanes.
- When you will get a Wriggle's Lantern you can start countrejungling , but don't be dumb don't facecheck creep spawns just use a Sight Ward on bush near red so you could see where is your opponent going.
- You also can awoid warded bushe's , if you will get Zeal early your Movement speed will be enought to skip a place what is warded so you could gank lane.
- Controle/ward dragon since it's really important for whole team, try to get it or at least ward it.
Toplane Mid Game
- If your fighting champion 1 versus 1 , go in front of him , so he couldn't run away of you , if he tries just use your Devastating Charge and knock him farer.
- If you got a hard lane try to get a Wriggle's Lantern , so you can get life steal and a ward, when you got it try to counter jungle enemies redbuff, since you will push all the game.
- Also if your jungler is bad and your team need help you can do that easy, since your really farst and mobile character.
- Try to fight only when you will have your Phage so enemies can't run away from you.
Hecarims Late Game
- Try to initate on enemy teams carry , because as a bruioser you want to focuse carry down firts
- Try to use your Onslaught of Shadows properly to fear at least 2-3 targets.
- Keep up times for your dragon or baron since both of these buffs can give you advantage
- Now when you got your Trinity Force you can start to be more aggresive and charge into and out of fights
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
I like how he playes Hecarim , but 1 thing , he uses no leash and with out leash Hecarim is really hard to jungle.
MORE ABOUT HECARIM
Additional information about HECARIM we can get from SivHD videos ( SivHD's Channel)
Siv HD's Jungle Hecarim Guide
Siv HD - Reverse Support Hecarim (New Playstyle!)
Siv HD - SONIC CRITBOOM
Jungle creep spawn times
Gives : Gold: 300/ Experience: 900 / Exalted with Baron Nashor
Health : 8852 + 125 every 1 min
Spawn time : 15:00
Respawn time : 7:00
Gold: 190 (+25)
Experience: - 0
Health - 3030 + 220 * (highest champion level)
Initial Spawn Time - 2:30
Respawn Time - 6:00
Gives : Gold: : 72 (+0.324 per minute after spawn) / Experience: 231 (+2.5 per minute after spawn)/ Blessing of the Lizard Elder
Health : 1372 (+90 per minute after spawn)
Spawn time : 1:55
Respawn time : 5:00
Gives : Gold: : 72 (+0.324 per minute after spawn) / Experience: 231 (+2.5 per minute after spawn)/ Crest of the Ancient Golem
Health : 1372 (+90 per minute after spawn)
Spawn time : 1:55
Respawn time : 5:00
Gives : Gold: : 25 Experience: 128
Health : 550
Spawn time : 1:40
Respawn time : 1:00
Gives : Gold: : 35 Experience: 120
Health : 400
Spawn time : 1:40
Respawn time : 1:00 / 1:15
Gives : Gold: : 30 Experience: 140
Health : 950 (large), 450 (small)
Spawn time : 1:40
Respawn time : 1:00 / 1:15
This is my guide on playing Hecarim, at 2 Lanes of Summoner's Rift.He's a perfect jungler and one of those champions that can beat the **** out of anyone!!!
Very good top laner that can give hard time to all other topers, Also one of the charcters that 5 phantom dancers doesn't look like a bad idea xD
Im just a simple guy from LATVIAso im playing on EU/W server , if you want to invite me my summoner name is - smiliwat.
Thanks to all these people
- jhoijhoi - For her guide - How to make a Guide.
- Mr SkajMen - for letting me go mid as Lee Sin , then i first tried him mid.
- Catway - His my brother and he helped me by bringing me tea.
- MissMaw - She is my guide Art worker. She made 80% of my guide images.
Hecarim - Earning Blue Ribbons (S3 *Updated*)
Hecarim - Behold the Might of the Shadow Isles
Hecarim - Carrying Your Team in S3
Lets Crush Their Bones