Hecarim Build Guide by wierdhans
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello I'm Wierdhans and this is my Hecarim guide, this is how I play him as a jungler. I am aiming to make this the number 1 guide for Hecarim and will appreciate any feedback you provide.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
So far with this build.
The one I lost was vs a really good fiddlesticks, my team wanted to invade them and that failed big time Fiddle got 3 kills with his Crow at start 0.o
Pros / Cons
+ Nice Ganker
+ Not squishy
+ Aoe FEAR
+ spammable Sheen proc
- No hard CC
- Squishy without
- Ganks need to be made from behind, hard to time.
Increased movement speed for Ghost, 35% extra is nice for ganking and extra damage.
10% armor penetration
Improved smite, gimme extra 10Gold!
+30% health! really needed for that first jungle phase
Without this skill you will have a hard time jungling, good start equals good ganks.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed: Extra movement speed, really nice for ganking and gives a little bit of extra ad.
- greater mark of Desolation: Armor penetration.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Magic resist.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Armor, really nice to start with in the jungle.
[Smite]: Mandatory for a jungler, improves jungle speed exceptionally
[Ghost]: Gives extra movement speed boost, gives extra damage with his
- PASSIVE: You can walk through units, how often I did not get a kill or couldnt get away because I was stoped a lowly minion, and you get extra attack damage equal to your bonus movement speed.
- ABILITY ONE (Q): Spammable Q. This will be your main damaging ability, just spam it in teamfights and see everyone around you getting hit. Only does 50% of the damage on minions but can still farm like hell. AOE damage anyone?
- ABILITY TWO (W): AOE, you gain a % of health for every damage you do with your AOE ability. Real nice for teamfights. AOE damage anyone?
- ABILITY THREE (E): On activate you get 75% movement speed over the next 3 seconds, also a really nice knockback with extra damage based on how long you are charging the ability. The longer you charge the higher the damage
- ABILITY FOUR (R): A awesome attack, it is a rush that scales with ability power and does damage in its charge and more damage when you land your ulti on someone. Also fears the targets you land om for 1 second. AOE fear, make sure you land your ulti on your targets though.
is your best ability, level this first. at level 6, 11, 16 you need to level your ulti, as is usual, and the next focus of your abilities is . This AOE drain life spell is really powerful for sustain. And last but not least. Your , really nice ganking ability
: Best start for Heracim in the jungle since this item gives you the extra movement speed it needs for him to start ganking soon and extra damage.
: Buy 3 of them so you have enough sustain in the jungle, and finish red in your first run.
: Really nice item, gives you a chance to proc 425 magic damage to monster/minion, 30 armor, 23 attack damage and 12% life steal. Really powerful item.
: You can also go for speed boots if you want to be able to walk around faster and switch lanes faster. But mainly you will need these boots for the anti CC.
: Sheen gives you an extra 100% damage every 2 seconds you use an ability. Really nice since you will be spamming
: This item gives you a little bit extra health and gp5, since you will be running around from lane to lane in order to gank you will not have that much time farming minions. This item will help with that.
: This item is so good with . If you do not have any CD you can spam and it will be exactly 2 seconds, resulting in giving you a permanent Sheen proc.
: This item is really good, once fully charged it gives you 100AD and a total of 20% lifesteal. Once you have this item you can either go for defense items or go on a even more devastating approach. I have tested this item in Ranked and normal games and this seems to be the best item after you get
. This gives your a little extra boost and you got a lot more lifesteal.
Also tested + or + . The item is cheaper than both those combinations and you will earn a lit more sustain from it! Dont forget to turn on !!!
This item will help you with a little bit extra magic resist and the extra movement speed. Excellent item since it gives you the most magic resist and the 8% movement is really nice for getting away or chasing.
This item is a nice finisher to protect against kiting of characters like ashe. Also nice finished for the earlier bought
- normaly the game is over before you can even finish your the bloodthrister but if it is still going on you should get as your last item. With this item you will be less likely to be focused and you can just the hell out of them. Really good item since it will give you armor and magic resist aswell.
Creeping / Jungling
Start at wolves with the help of teammates and then go for blue, if your teammates are not helping you with wolves start at blue buff and then do wolves. When wolves and blue are done you are to be heading for Wraiths and then back to Wolves, after wolves head back to red and finish the first run with a nice wraiths or if it takes to long go b and get items, from this point you have red and you should start your ganking. !GANK DAMMIT!
You are not that tanky, if there is nobody else to initiate you should do that with your ulti following by a nice rampage and Spirit of Dread. Look at your health though, if you know you are getting focused get the hell out of there. They will chase you down and try to kill you. Thus giving your teammates a chance to kill them. once focus is off you. Go back in and finish the job with your Q.
So for Hecarim, your a jungler with movement speed as its focus. Get in get out and Gank! Make sure you try to gank as much as possible but try not to die. Know when you are to low to go in and when to get out.
Hope you like the guide!
Rate once you have tested the build and leave a comment!
Got any tips? don't be affraid to share them
Thanks to Nvanhagen for the help on testing different builds for Hecarim
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Hecarim - Earning Blue Ribbons (S3 *Updated*)
Diamond level 3v3 Hecarim, by Duff
Hecarim - Fast Jungling Strategy Guide S3
Hecarim - Behold the Might of the Shadow Isles