Teemo Build Guide by Desjalouis
Not Updated For Current Season
Example of full build
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Teemo with this build
|Darius||For Darius to be good, he needs to be able to grab you. Move quick counter this. Q as much as you can and poke him hard.|
Hi everyone and welcome to my first guide. Teemo is one of my favorite characters in the game and probably one of the most hated one by the community. Why? Because he is so annoying. The mushrooms, the poison, the speed, everything gets annoying in late game when playing against a teemo.
In this guide, you will build teemo with alot of ability power and magic penetration aswell as a fairly good amount of attack speed. I will try to update this guide regularly so you might want to visit it often. Plus, I tried my best to make it very detailed.
Be a good community member and give me feedback on this guide. Also, if you want to send me pictures of post-game stats, I will be glad to post them on this post.
I will try to answer you as soon as I can!
Pros / Cons
- Very fast with boots and Move Quick (can escape from ganks easily)
- Range attacks gives good early farming (especially against melee champion)
- Can farm from the base with Noxious Trap
- Noxious Trap are kind of wards
- Blinding Dart shuts down melee
- Goes invisible
- Poison is very annoying
- Very weak in early/mid game
- Can be focused if too OP
- Has shorter range than other ranged champions
- Can be shut down by stuns
But in overall, Teemo is a very good character.
Here's the runes I suggest you to take.
This will help your poison do more damage to your enemies.
Helps escaping from ganks with your w.
More cooldown, more mushrooms
At a certain point, armor is very important since Teemo can be squishy.
Some good choices too...
It helps in early/mid game, but when you are fed enough, you shouln't miss mana. If so, ask your jungler for blue buff.
Even more attack speed.
I reccomand taking these spells for Teemo.
Helps you taking down ennemies. Even with Toxic Shot, some ennemies might be hard to take down.
You might be focused in team fight so it helps your escape abilities.
Not really a good choice for teemo since his R slows down and does damage.
I would not take this spell, but if you are new to the game or to the champion, it might be useful.
As I said, then main treat with Teemo is his Toxic Shot so you might want to max this on first. Secondly, I really like the Blinding Dart to be maxed and I always finish with the Move Quick. As soon as your Ultimate Noxious Trap is ready, level it.
R > E > Q > E
camouflage Camouflage is simply incredible. It shuts down melee champions. If Teemo stands still and takes no actions for 2 seconds, he becomes stealthed indefinitely. After leaving stealth, Teemo gains the Element of Surprise, increasing his attack speed by 40% for 2 seconds. You really got to use this 40% attack.
Blinding Dart is Teemo's Q. Obscures an enemy's vision with a powerful venom, dealing damage to the target unit and causing all attacks to miss for the duration. Deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8 AP) magic damage and causes the target to miss all of their attacks for 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds. This skill is good but it lacks range compared to other long-range champions, but it is effective against melee champions.
Move quick is very helpful when you try to escape from ganks. Teemo can be very squishy and if he starts to be OP, he will be focused. So this helps alot. Passive: Teemo's Movement Speed is increased by 10/14/18/22/26% unless he has been damaged by an enemy champion or turret in the last 5 seconds. Active: Teemo sprints, gaining twice his normal bonus for 3 seconds. This bonus is not lost when struck.
Okay, here it is. The main skill you want to max first. Toxic shot is Teemo's signature. Teemo's basic attacks poison their target, dealing 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.3 AP) magical damage upon impact and 6/12/18/24/30 (+0.10 AP) magical damage each second for 4 seconds. Get annoying.
Teemo's ultimate skill Noxious Trap is very important. You want to put these mushrooms EVERYWHERE. Especially in traffic areas. When you are level 13-15, you might want to put some near the Baron nashor . Uses a stored mushroom to place a trap that detonates if an enemy steps on it, spreading poison to nearby enemies that slows movement speed by 30/40/50% and deals 200/325/450 (+0.8 AP) magic damage over 4 seconds. Traps last 10 minutes, Teemo can store a maximum of 3 traps on his at once.
helps you escape from ganks in early game since Teemo is very week. Make sure you hit your Move Quick to escape faster.
Will keep you alive and make you laning process longuer.
I really like starting with this for sustain and last hit. Helps farming early game and gives you extra health.
This is the first core item you want to rush for. It gives a good amount of attack speed and ability power.
Just because you want to be a b*tch. Your poison will make insane amout of damage and your mushroom too. You might even get kills when backing because of these AP mushrooms.
If you feel a bit squishy/weak, or you start to get focused, you might want to buy one or two of these items:
One of my favorite defensive items for Teemo because of it's passive and the magic penetration aspect. Good choice for health/AP/MP.
A costy but effective items as it gives good amount of armour and AP.
Getting Fed? Yeah alright!
Everything you need, one item.
Noxious Trap can be very effective for your team and for you because of the slows and the poison. You want to place your mushrooms at the spot. Here's a guide on where you should put your mushrooms.
Circled: Placed in bushes
- Cassiopeia : The amount of poison is too damn high!
- Lee Sin : Mushrooms + Lee's ultimate = GG
- Blitzcrank : Rocket Grab into mushroom's field (Ouch!)
- Volibear : Movement speed C-c-c-combo
You might want to stay away from them...
- Yorick : His ghouls increase his attack speed and slow you down. Plus, your poison is not very effective since his ghouls can heal him.
- Pantheon : He blocks your Auto Attacks, making Toxic Shot (Teemo's most effective form of harass) useless.
- Rumble : Rumble will make Teemo go squish, denying his farm and outdamaging him at pretty much all stages of the game.
- Darius : Just use your Q on him, never land hits on him. Let him push and simply farm under tower.
- Garen : Keep poking him with your AA and W. Teemo is faster than him and use your Q if he starts farming.
- Tryndamere : Tryndamere ults! Tryndamere dives turret! Tryndamere hits shroom! Tryndamere Slowed! Teemo Runs! Tryndamere spins! Teemo Blinds! Tryndamere Dies! End of story.
Basically, Teemo is good against any melee fighter because of his blind, but gets countered against AD Caster.
Send me sreenshot of your stats with this guide and I will post them here with your username.
Here's an image of some games played with Teemo.
You can see that I barely died even though I have no defensive items.
Thank you !
Thanks for taking the time to read this guide. I hope it'll help you out in your quest on being OP with Teemo !
Please, take the time to rate/comment.
If something's wrong, comment on the guide and I will try to update as soon as I can.
- New chapter: Runes! (2014-01-06)
- New starting options (2014-01-06)
- New game statistics added (2014-01-06)
- More defensive items + Notes (2014-01-07)
- Item update (2014-12-17) Sorry for delay
- Rune update (2014-12-17)
- Match-ups update (2015-01-08)