Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Rengar with this build
|Lee Sin||Lee sin has one of the best early games and is a great counter jungler. He can kill you easily if he combos correctly.|
Hi, my name is Yung Choi and I am a gold jungle main. I have been a Rengar main since the beginning of season 4. Rengar caught my attention when I, for the first time was 100-0ed by a Rengar. I couldn't believe the amount of damage this champion could do. Since then, I have loved playing Rengar as well as making him one of my mains. He is a very fun champion to play and being fed with Rengar is one of the greatest feelings. I have been able to climb through the ranks easily with Rengar this past season. In season 5 I have had a 55% win rate with Rengar.
- 9 attack damage marks
- 9 armor seals
- 9 cooldown reduction glyphs
- 3 attack damage quintessence
Rengar scales really well with attack damage so I use ad marks and quintessence, armor seals to survive in the jungle, and cdr glyphs to use spells more often to gain stacks.
-High damage scaling
-Good mobility with items/passive
-Has crowd control/utility
-Can snowball and carry
-Not mana/energy relient
-Extremely strong ganks at level 6 and post level 6
-Easy to kill if hit by hard crowd control ex: stuns, roots, slows
-Relies on passive
-Draws a lot of focus
-Hard to master
-Pink wards can spot you while you are ulted
Starting hunters machete with refillable potion works well with Rengar. The machete gives him life steal/sustain in the jungle as well as the potions. As you saw throughout the guide, I like the trackers knife because it gives two wards and allows Rengar to get a beat on his target by having vision of his target. It also allows Rengar to jump from multiple bushes throughout a fight based off his passive. Rushing Ravenous Hydra and Youmuu's Ghostblade are essential to Rengar's kit because it allows him to close the gap on a target and reduce that target(s) health quickly. During the late game stage, these items allow Rengar to 100-0 an enemy champion and get out quick.
On Rengar I max q first because it allows him to give more damage output. I max e second on Rengar because it is the second highest damaging spell in his kit and it slows/roots the enemy, which is nice if you are trying to escape or close the gap on a enemy champion. Lastly, I max w third because it has a lower damage output and only helps you more when you have full ferocity stacks.
Creeping / Jungling
- Place as many wards from your trackers knife and warding totem as you can to get vision so it easier to catch your opponent by surprise.
- Try to have between 3 and 5(max) stacks as you can before going to the next camp in order to sustain and clear the jungle quickly.
- I usually will start krugs because your q is counted as an auto attack so you can get the stun off more often when you smite it for the buff.
- After krugs I do the first buff, then clear both wolves and raptors, then finish at my second buff to get your level 4.
- Look for a gank after clearing both buffs unless all lanes are ungankable at the time. Continue to power farm if that is the case.
- Take scuttle crab when possible to get the most vision possible.
- The Orianna/Rengar combo is really strong because your ults synergize well.
- Try to wait for your team to engage before you go assassinate a target, otherwise you might get caught.
- Gank when you have your ult as much as you can because Rengar ganks are very strong.
- Team fight in the jungle when possible so you can make the most of your passive.
- Make sure you are aware of the map so you know where your opponents are.
Thank you for taking the time looking at my guide. I hope you find Rengar to be as fun as I believe he his. Hopefully this guide will help you learn to play Rengar. Let me know if this guide has or has not helped you and thank you again for your time.