Diana Build Guide by Noichtinator
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my first Guide I'm Noichtinator and I will show you in this Guide how to build
(and play) a hybrid Diana.
First of all this is a Guide for Offtanks NOT for Assassins.
Diana is my favorte Champion, because she have great chasing potential.
I thank all of you that you take the time to read through the guide.
Pros / Cons
+ fast jungler
+ powerful auto attacks
+ tanky, but also good damage
+ can counter most team comps
+ good inichater
- very mana hungry
- need items to be effective ,if played too spell focused
- bad counterjungler
- bad invader
- mediocre ganker until level 6
9x Greater Seal of Armor are standart runes for jungling.They are great for:Early ganks, better junge presens and they give us the ability to jungle without Cloth Armor.
9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration lowers the magic resist of your opponents (only for YOUR spells)
9x Greater Glyph of Ability Power can replaced with Greater Glyph of Magic Resist if you wish more tankyness insted of damage.
3x Greater Quintessence of Gold gives you a bit gold during the game, because the jungle creeps give not as much gold than normal creeps.
Attack Speed Items
Attack Speed is very importent for Diana ,because she needs to improve Moonsilver Blade.
Good Items for this have utlilty witch increase the damage,tankyness or movementspeed.
2. Nashor's Tooth is pefect if you want to spam your spells and it gives you some AP.
3. Malady is nice when your opponents start to stack magic resist and it's cheep too.
4. Zephyr is my favorite attack speed item on Diana, because you get a huge amound of mobilety and you don't have to buy Mercury's Treads thanks to it's tenacity.
5. Statikk Shiv is from my S2 Meta I like the passive from the old Ionic Spark and it gives also crit chance.
Those type of Items are importent too, because you dont's want to jump into 5 people without tankyness.
2. Runic Bulwark is exelent if your support don't want to buy it otherwise LET IT BE (trust me).
3. Mercurial Scimitar is useful if your opponents have heavy Crowd Control, it gives magic resist and and a activable movementspeed buff
4. Abyssal Scepter make only sense if you AP carry don't want to by it,it gives lowerd magic resist for all enemy in its range.
5. Guardian Angel have the useful passive that it gives a free Chronoshift it makes sense if you get focused.
6. Iceborn Gauntlet is such an awesome Item much better then Rylai's Crystal Scepter it work like a Lich Bane but skales with AD and creates a slow field where it lands.
7. Spirit of the Ancient Golem is nice for quick jungling and massive HP, gives also Tenacity.
Offensive items help your teammates and you to kill your opponents.
2. Deathfire Grasp have a useful active which make great damage to chacters with high HP and give a large amound of AP.
3. Liandry's Torment is a mixed Item with Magic Penetration ,HP and percentual Damage.
4. Lich Bane give you a burst to your auto attacks and movement DON'T STACK WITH Iceborn Gauntlet
5. Spirit of the Spectral Wraith a cool boost for substain and faster jungling.
6. Void Staff makes only sense of your oppontens get heavey magic resist.
Q Crescent Strike your main damaging ability it flies in a curve and reveals an enemey (not stelthed units) use this to dash between the jungle camps.
W Pale Cascade give you a shild twice activate it when you get damage not before.
E Moonfall drags your enemys towards you.
Ultimate R Lunar Rush teleports you to an enemy,if you stand in meele range you teleport behind them.Don't hasetate go use it without moonlight.
In jungle you get fast clear times and don't lose too much HP.Thanks to the attackspeed Item (you can choose one of the Items listed above) and Hextech Gunblade you get health back.
After you got your ultimate Lunar Rush you're a ganking master.After you dashed in and the enemy run away you can use Moonfall to pull them towards you, if they panic Flash you have the choise to chase them while they're slowed or dash to them with Lunar Rush.
That's the moment where Drav.. ahhh Diana shines.
In Teamfights your job is to inichate that means that you have to bring all opponents togher so that your AD carry can attack them without getting destroyed and catch all fleeing enemys.
To get this job done dash into the enemys with your Crescent Strike bonus and Moonfall drag
,additonaly to this you can do one auto attack to get the slowfield from Iceborn Gauntlet.
Now your AP crarrys can set AoE Abilitys like Tormented Soil.
Don't forget to be tanky enought ,because you will get everything to the face, if they focous you you can get a Guardian Angel or a Zilean Chronoshift.
24.12.2012 - Release of the Guide
25.12.2012 - Changed masterys ,now there are more offesive (thanks to Laggmeister)
- added Gameplay chapter (thanks to Setomi)