Nidalee Build Guide by MagicPhoenix
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my build. I Keep seeing a lot of AP and AD Nidalee Builds on this site. As you may play Nidalee the way you want, I always found something missing and i find myself using some skills over other ones. My build is a Happy Medium and uses best of both worlds. By using my build and following the guide you will be having a lot more fun moving around and doing more damage overall, rather than going one way or the other.
Here's my attempt at trying to get you to use my Referral link in making an account to get to level 10 and help me get the Grey WarWick skin <3. the only way to do this right is tell new people about the game and i thought this would be a good way to start.
Pros / Cons
+ Javelin Toss can do chunks of damage
+ Bushwhack (W) can see invisible people
+ Her heal gives attack speed
+ Has great movement around the map
+ She can jump over some walls
+ She has a hidden passive (gives Exp to lower level allies)
- Takes skill in perfecting movements and combos
- Don't like to get hit my CC
- Has no CC
- You play games of Cat and mouse, and sometimes your the mouse
- Squishy Early On in the Game
You can make many different rune sets work for Nidalee, but these are the two sets I like to use.
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
• x3 Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
• x9 Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
• x6 Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
• x3 Greater Glyph of Ability Power
• x7 Greater Seal of Knowledge
• x2 Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
• x3 Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
• x9 Greater Mark of Desolation
• x9 Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
• x9 Greater Seal of Armor
I'll let this awesome Video tell you how it works
Thank you For letting me use it Sinovera
these items here are your core items get them and you will be well off in fights.
these are your next core items. upgrade your sheen into a Trinity Force and grab a Guinsoo's Rageblade.
NOW ITS UP TO YOU:
What I Usually do...
when the other team hates me...
when im trolling.
Scroll down for details
• I like to start with the Doran's Ring. The Doran's Ring is a great stating item for Nidalee because it gives her health mana regen and AP, but Boots of Speed Plus x3 Health Potion's works too. Now with this next patch the Mana Potion cost is going down it may be better to get x2 Health Potion and x1 Mana Potion
• If you didn’t start with the Boots of Speed then get them as your second item. (Remember that your passive is great for moving around and that the grass is best Friend).
• Follow your boots with a Sheen. The Sheen is one the greatest items for Nidalee and it will allow you win most fights that you will face. Plus, it gives you some AP and Mana, so it’s a win/win.
After the sheen you should be nearing mid game and should try and get the blue buff.
Mid Game/Mana Usage
This is your time to shine. This is when you will be deadliest and when you can pick up most of your kills with spears, and good cougar leaps.
By this point you should try and get the blue buff.
Once you get the blue buff Do everything with it!!!! Put traps down every time you can, throw spears at minions, and heal for the attack speed. USE IT!!!!
If the blue buff is down use your cougar form for clearing minion waves and regaining Mana (none of the cougar abilities use Mana).
As far as items go…
|The next thing I encourage you to grab is the Wriggle's Lantern. This gives you insane survivability with the life steal and armor it gives you. Also the free ward it gives you is extremely useful.|
I usually like to use Ninja Tabi, because it’s cheap and easy to use. BUT!!! this is not the only useful upgrade that works with Hybrid Nidalee.
• If you find yourself taking to much damage: Ninja Tabi
• If you can’t move at all in fights: Mercury's Treads
• Find your cooldowns too darn high?: Ionian Boots of Lucidity
• If you think your slow try Boots of Swiftness/ Boots of Mobility
Now that boots are out of the way it’s time to move on to late game.
|Finish your Trinity Force. The Tri-force gives you everything you need in a hybrid build.|
|Next on the list get the Guinsoo's Rageblade. The Rageblade gives you some great attack speed and it allows you to push towers much faster with the help of your heal.|
• For more AP get a Rabadon's Deathcap and a Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
• For Tankyness get a Warmog's Armor and a Guardian Angel.
• For more “Hybrid” (not recommended) get a Nashor's Tooth and a Malady/ Wit's End
Don’t forget that you sell your Doran's Ring.
The Javelin is your bread and Butter. This is what people fear the most when they see you in lane.
This is a skill shot with an amazing range and power. The Javelin does more damage the farther away it hits. Often a good Javelin Toss can deal a quarter to half an opponent’s health in one hit.
Really, the only person with a stronger right arm is Tryndamere.
Get this skill second and max it first.
I recommend that you start off with the your W the Bushwhack. This is your trap. It’s great for warding and saves you from face checking bushes because it gives you vision of the place you put it down at (Like a bush). The trap also lets you see invisible people that may want to gank you in your lane, like a jungle Evelynn for example. Start off with this and a Doran's Ring and set up traps everywhere you think people will walk in and choke points along with Bushes you think people will try and surprise you in. the trap also lowers magic resist and armor, I like to hit them with the Javelin or jump on their face after the enemy steps on it.
Get this skill first and max it last.
This is your heal and it also gives you a attack speed buff. When pushing a tower use your heal for the attack speed buff on yourself or on a teammate with more AD than you to get the tower down as quick as possible.
Get this by level 4 and max it second.
Nidalee R ( Aspect Of The Cougar) turn Nidalee into a Cougar and changes all her abilities and also gives her more Magic Resist and Armor and Movement Speed, but she loses her range.
• Takedown (Q takedown): treat this like a mini Garen Ult. Use the rest of your skills first before using this skill for Max Damage.
• Pounce (W pounce): this gives you the ability to jump over some terrain and is also your most useful tool for chasing or running away.
• Swipe (E swipe): good for clearing minion waves, and doing AP Damage.
This set uses every skill and ability that Nidalee has to offer. It will take some time in perfecting combos and ways to kill different people. Just Remember there is always room in a team for a good Nidalee.
If People like this build and want to see me make another one, maybe I’ll make another one.
Once again from the beginning I’m trying to get the Grey WarWick skin by Referring people. If you find yourself making a New account or Beginning and find this build somehow please use my Referral link located in my profiles Links.
Thank you for looking at this build, I hope it helped.
Bruiser Nidalee - A Tooth and Nail Guide to S3
Nidalee Support, the Only Carry Support! *Coding+Video*
[S3] AP/Hybrid/AD Nidalee - The Proficient Predator