Master Yi Build Guide by ericnguyen21
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome every player , this is my first post about Master Yi on Mobafire.com and after many games I think Im successful with Yi and now i will show my build ( Turret Destroyer )
In the beginning , Yi need to farm and he need Attack Speed more than another items because when Yi hits fast he can get Double Hits easily and he can earn lots of gold . So he need to be safe and main thing is DONT try to kill or greedy , but if you can kill its all good
- Get Dagger + 1 HP Potion .
- Get Berserker's Greaves to increase your Attack Speed and Movement Speed.
- Remember If you are not sure like you think Yi is easy to die or you dont want to B (back) early so you need to buy 2 HP Potions + 1 Mana Potion to keep you farming in lane longer.
- Buy Zeal straight away when you have enough gold , because It will increase your AS , MS and Critical Chance.
- Last Item in the beginning of the game will be Vampiric Scepter or if you can get Emblem of Valour its will be great
My build for Yi in Early Game may be weird but its useful for you and your team - mates . May be someone will ask me why i don't buy any Attack Damage for Yi and buy all the Attack Speed items because you can see Yi has Wuju Styleand Alpha Strike.
- Alpha Strikecan hit 4 targets and it's damage is not weak at al so using it for farming and harassing will be a good idea.
- Wuju Styleincrease your damage but its not too much . However its alright for Yi in the Early Game.
To become a Turret Destroyer you should buy :
- Phantom Dancer as quick as you can
- Then get Brutalizer to decrease your cooldown for your skills
- Update from Brutalizer to Youmuu's GhostBlade
- And Stark's Fervor
Ok now i will explain to you why you need 3 of those expensive items :
1. PD increases your Movement Speed , Attack Speed and Critical Chance
2. Youmuu's GhostBlade helps you hit faster , decrease Cooldown Production and increase Critical Chance ( remember put this item in the easy number because you always need this )
3. Strak's Fervor increase 17% Lifesteal and 50% AS
=> At this time your AS is really high when you use Youmuu's GhostBlade and Highlander . So now you can become a Turret Destroyer 100% with medium damage + high AS and Yi can run really fast now
God of Speed (Speed Combo)
Its may be hard so you need to practice :
- The Combo will be like this - Wuju Style => Highlander => Youmuu's GhostBlade
This Combo is using for destroy the turret and I think it will work because I use always use it
KING OF ANNOYING AND DESTROYING TURRETS
All of the items from Early and Middle Game will help you a lot when you move around the map and destroy the Turret
You need to control your team and make a good decision :
- Call your mates to defend the turret (tower hug).
- Choose the best player in your team because he will be defend the Lane's turret alone
- When everything is ok then you move to another lane (so this lane's battle will be 3v2)
=> Use Alpha Strike to kill all the minions as possible as you can , lead your minions to the turret and then you use the Combo
=> When the enemies miss you call your mates back to defend or make a plan to kill or you move to another lane and make the enemies focus you
Late game is not my style because 4 of my items from Early and Middle are enough for you to win the game and you can kill as well . But if your team is not really good you need to carry them now with these items :
- Black Cleaver
- Madred's BLoodrazor
You increase your damage with Black Cleaver and Madred's Bloodrazor . After you get 2 of these items you will not afraid of anything except AP Champions . So try to hide from them or back door and kill them all first and you can kill the Tank easily because you have Madred's Bloodrazor
SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
YI IS NOT A HIGH HEALTH CHAMPION AND HE AFRAID OF HIGH ARMOR CHAMPION LIKE RAMMUSAND AP CHAMPIONS AS WELL .
PLAY SAFE IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME AND TRY TO EARN LOTS OF GOLD
DON'T TRY TO KILL OR BE GREEDY BECAUSE YI IS EASY TO DIE ( LOW HP )
WATCH THE MAP ALL THE TIME AND MAKE A PERFECT DECISION TO MOVE
LAST THING I NEED TO SAY IS "HAVE FUN"