Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
From my experience in playing Garen:
- Don't use ur ultimate on a target with full HP in a fight.
- Try to wait for target HP to be less than 40 or 50% to provide an instant kill.
- Will provide more tips later. =D or someone can give us more tips for new comer using Garen. ^^
Items Build Sequence
1. Boots of Speed + Health Potion:
Just ONE potion or NONE is enough as our passive will provide 0.5% of our maximum health as regen.(Per Sec)So if ur HP are low just stay near exp range or side beside tower.
2. Turn Boots of Speed into Boots of Swiftness
I like the speed when u always need to rush from one side to another side for team fight or tower saving.
3. Chain Vest or Giant's Belt
The better choice will be Giant's Belt as it affect ur HP regen ^^.
4. Turn Chain Vest or Giant's Belt into Sunfire Cape
In love with Sunfire cape when playing RAMMUS and MORDEKAISER.
5. Heart of Gold
6. Turn Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen
The passive should allow more ultimate usage and you can easily kill people when they are less than 40% of their HP. (525 base dmg + 1 dmg per 2.5 missing HP on the target)
7. Phage or Giant's Belt
Depends on you want to have chances slowing enemy or more HP regen when moving from point a or point b.
8. Turn Phage or Giant's Belt into Frozen Mallet
More HP and 100% slow for Sunfire cape and Judgement to take full effect. =D
9. Chain Vest or Giant's Belt again
10. Turn Chain Vest or Giant's Belt into Sunfire Cape
11. Guardian Angel