Hey Guys, I'm AzinoVo. I love League of Legends and Anivia so I decided to make a guide. Hope you guys find this guide helpful to your gameplay. Keep in mind that results may vary. I do not claim to be "pro". I just want to share my knowledge and the experiences I have had at Mid Lane. I am not very good at Coding so some sections will be very plain, but I assure you, the information is there for those who wants it. :)
In this guide, you will find some tips on how to play Anivia more effectively and how to lane against other MID champions in general. Most of the information is already well known by experienced players, but I write them in anyways because I want to educate young Anivia players. I spent many hours writing this guide and so I hope for some feedback/comments. I use the spoiler buttons so people can read what they want to know more of. I hope it is not too overwhelming. My Main Guides are shown below! Enjoy! :)
My Video On Anivia
The video shows Anivia, her skills, spell combos, play style, and some Tips/Tricks.
Explains Anivia's abilities plus Tips/Tricks.
Explains what skills to max first for maximum effectiveness.
Important Skill to Master (Smart Casting)
Here, I will recommend to you a way to utilize your abilities quickly and more efficiently.
I will recommend what main Summoner Spells to use and some other viable ones.
Tips on how to effectively kill creeps/monsters for gold.
Item Purchase Guide
Starting Items: Doran's Ring amd Health Potion with Warding Totem
1st Recall (~800g): Tear of the Goddess
1st Recall (~1200g): Catalyst the protector
2nd Recall (~1900): Rod of Ages + Boots of Speed
if extra gold, buy a Seeker's Armguard
After your Rod of Ages, you can begin to build either a Zhonya's Hourglass or Rabadon's Deathcap. I recommend building your Zhonya's for the utility it offers. Finish your Sorcerer's Shoes.
Your choice of item after the core items: Sorc shoes, Rod of Ages, Zhonya's and Rab's is pretty unique to the specific game. Build Void Staff if opponent is pretty tanky, Liandry's Torment if you wanna burn with Glacial Storm of even build Guardian Angel if you wanna troll.
Mid Lane and Types of Encounters
This chapter explains what to do to in an encounter against certain types of champions.
Guide Against Other Champions In Mid Lane
To my knowledge, the champions that are most likely to go Mid are other AP carries.
This group includes:
Common Summoner Spells Within This Group: Flash and Ignite
Tip: Stay away from the Brush. Do not Extend too far to the Left or Right or risk getting ganked by the Jungler.
- Crowd Control Effects are stuns, silences, snares, fears, suppresses, knock-ups, pulls, taunts, and in certain instances, it will cause champions to be pushed back. Slows also count as a "CC" but almost all champions have one.
- Keep in mind that all damage shown here does not consider armor and magic resist. True damage. however, ignores resistances.
- Gap Closers are certain abilities that allow a champion to "jump" toward the target. EX: Leaps, Teleports, etc.
- Damage Calculation totals the complete spell combo of that champion at level six. Note that all champions have physical auto-attacks. For Casters, I will add physical damage equivalent to three auto-attacks.
- Damage Over Time will be displayed as DPS, Damage Per Second.
- The variable, X , represents the amount of time a skill is used.
When Playing Against
Ahri, The Nine-Tailed FoxSpoiler: Click to view
Akali, the Fist of ShadowSpoiler: Click to view
Anivia, the CryophoenixSpoiler: Click to view
Annie, the Dark ChildSpoiler: Click to view
Brand, the Burning VengeanceSpoiler: Click to view
Cassiopeia, the Serpent's EmbraceSpoiler: Click to view
Cho'Gath, the Terror of the VoidSpoiler: Click to view
Diana, Scorn of the MoonSpoiler: Click to view
Elise, the Spider QueenSpoiler: Click to view
Evelynn, the WidowmakerSpoiler: Click to view
Fiddlesticks, the Harbinger of DoomSpoiler: Click to view
Fizz, the Tidal TricksterSpoiler: Click to view
Galio, the Sentinel's SorrowSpoiler: Click to view
Gragas, the Rabble RouserSpoiler: Click to view
Heimerdinger, the Revered InventorSpoiler: Click to view
Karthus, the DeathsingerSpoiler: Click to view
Kassadin, the Void WalkerSpoiler: Click to view
Katarina, the Sinister BladeSpoiler: Click to view
Kennen, the Heart of the TempestSpoiler: Click to view
LeBlanc, the DeceiverSpoiler: Click to view
Lissandra, the Ice WitchSpoiler: Click to view
Lux, the Lady of LuminositySpoiler: Click to view
Malzahar, the Prophet of the VoidSpoiler: Click to view
Morgana, Fallen AngelSpoiler: Click to view
Orianna, the Lady of ClockworkSpoiler: Click to view
Ryze, the Rogue MageSpoiler: Click to view
Jericho Swain, the Master TacticianSpoiler: Click to view
Syndra, the Dark SovereignSpoiler: Click to view
Veigar, the Tiny Master of EvilSpoiler: Click to view
Viktor, the Machine HeraldSpoiler: Click to view
Vladimir, the Crimson ReaperSpoiler: Click to view
Xerath, the Magus AscendantSpoiler: Click to view
Ziggs, the Hexplosives ExpertSpoiler: Click to view
Zyra, Rise of the ThornsSpoiler: Click to view
Ezreal, the Prodigal ExplorerSpoiler: Click to view
Kha'Zix, the VoidreaverSpoiler: Click to view
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the AbyssSpoiler: Click to view
Mordekaiser, the Master of MetalSpoiler: Click to view
Nidalee, the Bestial HuntressSpoiler: Click to view
Talon, the Blade's ShadowSpoiler: Click to view
Teemo, the Swift ScoutSpoiler: Click to view
Twisted Fate, the Card MasterSpoiler: Click to view
Zilean, the ChronokeeperSpoiler: Click to view
Zed, the Master of ShadowsSpoiler: Click to view
Tips on Team Fights
What To Do As Anivia
- Target squishy champions such as the enemy's AP Carry.
- Stay behind your tank while nuking those in the front.
- Position your Glacial Storm so it will hit the most people. Keep in mind that it also reduces the enemy's attack speed. Use it to assist your allies if they are being targeted by a DPS.
- Use Crystallize to prevent enemies from escaping and also to separate the enemy team. You can also use Crystallize to save yourself or your allies from chasers. Keep in mind that Crystallize also reveals terrain: Use it to reveal major locations like Blue Golem, Dragon, and Baron. Use Crystallize to reveal a nearby bush if the enemies are MIA.
- Try to have your Rebirth available before team fights since the enemy will be quick to target you, dump all their spells on you, just to realize that you have your egg. WIN!
- Stay mobile. Position yourself so that the enemy is in range on your spells.
- Do get blue buff before team fights.
What Not To Do
- Never target the tanks.
- Never overextend and get caught by the enemy team.
- Never waste a majority of your Mana if you fear a team fight will occur.
- Never use Frostbite unless you are certain the enemy is "chilled" by Flash Frost or Glacial Storm.
- Never stray away from your teammates while in a teammate. Target one enemy champion at a time.
- Never troll with your Crystallize. Your allies will not be pleased if you caused their death with your wall.
My Games With Anivia
On one of the pictures, I took out the other games because they were of other AP champions that I play :)
Conclusion and Special Thanks
I hope you found my guide helpful and if you want me to add additional chapters, let me know, and I will try to work on them! :)
- A Video Will Be Up Soon. :)
- Season 3 updates plus new champions update in progress :)
- Any ap mages released will have their own slots.
- Season 4 updates in progress.
- Champion counter information in progress.
-Anivia is now easier to farm, hit this chick up tho :))
-Keep URF plz Riot :D
-Urf gone = me sad
-Season 6, going to update Gragas, Xerath, and a few others I never finished.
image by sopheychen on deviantart!
- I would like to give credit to jhoijhoi, astrolia, and many others for their guides.