Akali Build Guide by Th3Last3xile
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
A little something to know -
A little about me :
This is my first build ever. I've been playing Akali since she was released and I own all of her skins. I actively do experiments with her builds, And I'm always open to new things. But give everything you see a chance.
This build is under construction, And is updated on a daily basis. (Mostly organization of data, and insertion of new facts and data)
Each character will have a seperate build. The first being my personal Hybrid build which is ALWAYS changing. The rest will be builds that I'm currently testing. So feel free to rate them. This page is meant to be a developing Akali build page which will allow everyone to feel comfortable while using her no matter what your playstyle. Rate. And Comment. All help is appreciated.
For my rune book -
I'll always be packing these -
[*] Greater Mark of Alacrity x9
[*] Greater Seal of Alacrity x9
[*] Greater Glyph of Alacrity x9
Overall you should be sitting on roughly 38% attack speed bonus at the start of the game, Not counting the 4% from your talent trees.
- Both early and late game those should help a LOT. Its not something you normally see. But over several tests it does help when just using a standard melee attack because of the AP boosts from your passive.
Another way to go would be - (My favorite runebook for Akali - This is going to be used for build 2. Which is on CHARACTER SHEET 2.)
Greater Mark of Strength x9
Greater Seal of Strength x9
Greater Glyph of Insight x9
Greater Quintessence of Insight x3
This should get your attack bonus from your passive going right off the start of the match. Then you're free to get the bonus attack damage from an Amplifying Tome and feel free to take a health potion for those tough moments when laning against someone who has great harass skills.
-I've experimented with Energy Regeneration runes, As well. In the long run, If you share my playstyle which is passively aggressive at almost all times, Its not worth it.
Obviously, Don't ever touch armor runes on Akali.
Or Health.. Unless you're a dolt ; Or you really feel like you're that reckless...
I'll be honest, You don't NEED to have the glyphs I use to make this build work. Its pretty flexible, and very useful. Especially if you find yourself stuck in tight situations on a regular basis. Let's face it, Some people just aren't as lucky as you. :b
In a nutshell, I take the masteries in 21-0-9.
The exhaust buff helps a lot, It should make it VERY easy to get first blood.
The ignite buff for the extra 10 ap, That will help your primary kama ability alot! (Passive - For the bonus damage)
The bonus attack speed on the second row of Offense boost me up over 40%, Which helps throughout the whole game, And saves me from buying extra items that would boost it otherwise.
The cooldown reduction is a MUST HAVE. Because it leads to extra Spell Penetration.
YOU NEED THIS
The extra armor, and minion damage is worthless. Don't even bother on Akali.
The bonus attack damage on the following row will help towards your attack damage passive. So you're that much closer to getting a free lifesteal buff, Go you! ;D
The crit is just there because we need to get to the bottom of this tree...
-I kinda wish it wasn't there.-
But the final piece at the bottom of the combat tree definitely makes it worth your while to fill this side up.
The rest of the points were pretty much just misc.
And the exp bonuses and such in Utility help a great deal early game.
- Exhaust- is by far the most important spell in Akali's arsenal. It allows her to both get first blood, and many kills afterwards. It also makes 1v1 dueling easier and stopping that fool from escaping from you when you're on your last Shadow Step.
- Ignite- Much like exhaust, Will just make sure that person you chased across the map doesn't make it out of the engagement alive. It also will definitely counter that bothersome Fiddlesticks or Dr.Mundo, Because they are definitely one of your biggest enemies.
- Flash- It can definitely be useful, But in my opinion, Its a waste, Considering if you're packing exhaust, That's your slow, Ignite is your own personal diving tool, and Your ultimate gets you where you need to be, Personally. I feel like flash just wastes a summoner spell.
You shouldn't have to use it to get away, Because honestly, You shouldn't be dying :b.
Ghost -- I like it...I really do, Dont get me wrong. But this is what my boots of mobility are for. And I just never get put in a situation where I have to run away. But Riot was kind enough to provide Akali with many escape routes whether it be you jumping from creature to creature through the jungle thanks to clever and oh-so-helpful wards, Or her overpowered stealth ability which makes juking your enemies incredibly easy.
- Heal - Gross man. Gross. Just recall if you're that low..
- Revive - ^ It's okay under one circumstance. If you're a tank.
And that's if you can handle that troublesome 8 minute cooldown... -___-
- Clarity - Why would you even consider it...
- Teleport - Useful. Buttttt not for you. The boots and your ult should get you where you need to be when you need to be there.
- Cleanse - Wait... You shouldnt be in this situation.. You're Akali, Not God
- Fortify - Just no.
- Rally - It could be useless? But only early game. So...Just another waste of a valuable summoner spell.
- Clairvoyance - Uhm...If you really want to?.. If you're that afraid of that bush and it helps you sleep better at night. Go for it.
- Smite - I think I'll have to pass on this one. I've jungled on Akali and tried many different methods for doing so. Its definitely not my favorite. But Ill post a build for it soon anyway.
Pros / Cons
Pros- High Burst Damage
Easy Juke Ability
Spammable Harass ability (Q)
NO MANA :D
Easy to 1v1
Easy to group fight
Energy Issues if not managed correctly
Squishy early game ( BE CAREFUL )
Akali's skill sequence has always, and will always be very standard.
Max your Mark of the Assassin as soon as possible. Starting at Level 1
You really should only need one rank of stealth, Which I usually get at Level 2 to make it easier to harass in lanes early game.
You should at least get your first rank of Crescent Slash after you get your stealth and from there the priorities are as follows.
Mark of The Assassin
This is standard throughout all Akali builds, Not many stray from this path. Mostly because it's been proven as the most effective way to skill her.
This is as simple as it gets. Farm minions HARD til you can get your Guinsoo's Rageblade. I promise you, Its worth your time.
Feel free to grab a quick first blood on the squishies in your lane. If there arent any, Dont bother, Harass as best you can and stay alive. If you happen to get a lucky break. Get your boots, And resupply on health potions. And head right back.
Other then that at the start.
Just kill champions. Thats your job.
You aren't going to made for much else since they nerfed Akali AP builds so you cant kill base turrets in 3 hits.
As I said in the introduction, This build is under construction still. It's my first build.
But I've got plenty of Akali experience.
I'm willing to accept ideas I've yet to try. But there isn't much I havent done yet.
This is a hybrid build, But I'll soon add in my AP build as well.
-Comment, Rate, Give it a shot.