Irelia Build Guide by AnIh
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello all , I give you my 3 rd build for Irelia , this one will focus on balancing damage and defense in all their forms and at all stages of the game .
The main issue with my previous build was the time you needed to have both decent damage and survivability , this one try to correct it .
Im not native english speaker so my apologies for the far-from-perfect language .
Pros / Cons
- Survivability and damage at all stage of the game .
- Balance between magical physical and true damage thanks to AS item
- high cdr if you build youmuu
- Need to farm so ganks can mess you up
- Less lane presence because of lowest healing and lack of early armor/mr
- Expensive build
Greater mark of desolationGreater Mark of Desolation : These rune are the best way to increase your autoattack , Sheen / Trinity Force proc and Bladesurge damage to both early and late game .
Greater quintessence of desolationGreater Quintessence of Desolation : Same than marks , dont really have other good options .
Greater Seal of Resilience : Armor for increased survivability , generic runes work well for almost all champs :)
Greater Glyph of Warding : Magic resist for increased survivability , generic runes work well for almost all champs :)
I use defensive/utility hybrid masteries 0/14/16 , giving you :
- Lane presence with reduced damage and health regeneration from defensive tree .
- All around bonuses from utility tree : mana regen , increased exp , enhanced summoner spells , increased buff duration and movement speed .
I use it other a standard 0/9/21 because the reduced damage from the extra masteries in defensive tree really help during lane phase , everytime you pull minions aggro by fighting with your opponent you easily take 3 shoots from all the minions , these masteries protect you in this example from 72 damage , and this everytime you pull aggro .
If you choose other summoner spells ofc adapt if you can pick the related mastery .
My skill priority is :
I choose to max Equilibrium Strike for 2 reasons :
- It give magical damage now that all others spells are physical
- Increased slow / stun duration
Afterwards I skill up Hiten Style for the true damage along with AS from Trinity Force and Wit's End
Note about first spells :
I choosed E because it will save you in case of low lvl fight , and bladesurge because it help you last hit if your zoning out of the creeps by a roamer or a strong lvl 1-2 range.
If your not in similar situation feel free to pick these spells a bit later :)
For hiten style , you can choose 1 to 3 rank into it before lvl 6 depending of your regeneration needs !
Mandatory in my opinion on irelia , allow you to chase and escape :)
Allow you to counter gank at bot during lane phase or defend from backdoor late game .
Teleport is a placeholder , its good but you can use many other summoner spell for irelia :
- Flash : Same purpose than ghost , can be a counter pick if you lane againts Jarvan IV
- Exhaust / Ignite : help getting kills , make sure your team have enought exhaust and ignite and if not pick these , also counter picks to healing champions like Warwick or Swain
- Cleanse : greatly help with game changing CC like Amumu ultimate or a comp with a lot of "knocked in the air" .
- Clairvoyance : If no one carry it (very often in low ELO / normal game) you can choose to do so .
Early to mid game items
Heart of gold
Give you HP when you need it and gold until you build it into randuin
Sheen proc every 2 second , movement speed and different usefull stats
Most common boots for CC
2 nd choice can be Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Mid to end game items
Increase your healing plus nice CDR , HP and magic resist
Magical damage , more MR and synergize with Hiten Style
Armor HP and a slow , what else?
for the last slot , you mainly will choose betweens these 3 items :
The example build is for a typical game when you face an equal amount of magical and physical damage , in reality you will almost never finish your build like this , you need to adapt in 2 ways :
- by changing item order , for example getting Wit's End earlier for magic resist
- by picking different items , I will list some below :
When ad carry are out of control these 3 items will save your *** :p Thornmail got the best armor/gold ratio , Randuin's Omen have the slow and Frozen Heart give you the CDR you miss with this build .
When mages are out of control :o Force of Nature is the most expensive but give nice movement speed , Quicksilver Sash is great to 'cleanse' malz/morde/vlad/ww ulti and the so deadly Ignite !
: Not only a way to counter warmog stacking baddies but to deal magical damage and by doing so exploiting the item build of your opponent , if they stack armor but lack magic resist with this item + Wit's End + Hiten Style you will still heavily damage them .
Its not a complete list , there is other good items like Hexdrinker , Ninja Tabi or shurelya's reverie to use , just remember to always adapt you to the enemy team :)
Some words on the different consumables for Irelia and this build !
- Health Potion/ Mana Potion : With philo stone you wont need it at all (except 1 pot at lvl 1 ofc ^^)
- Sight ward : useful in lane , buy some during your laning phase and ward river , later in game its not supposed to be your job but if you have 75 gold and a free slot its always good to buy one :)
For elixir junkies : > >
Red is the most useful , green elixir is nice because of your AS orientation with Hiten Style and Wit's End while blue elixir only give cdr , buy it only when full items + full elixir already .
This build will help you building Irelia as a bulky damage dealer , dominating her lane early in game and kill enemy carrys while tanking decent damage end game .
Thanks spoon and the_nameless_bard for the amazing pics !
Dont forgot to comment (even if you dont vote) and vote fairly .