Irelia Build Guide by NinjaLucario98PT
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
As promised, i did a more in deep guild of Irelia. Lets start by saying this is a guild with a "Battle Irelia" build, this build is for her to work more as an ofensive teamplayer than a defencive one, wich i also made a guild for those people that prefere playing Irelia as a tanky char. In this guild i will focus the "battle Irelia build". Lets start the boring but needed part of reeding the guilde.
Pros / Cons
+ Has a usesfull slow/stun
+ Queen of solotop ( too bad Akali =P )
+ Ultimate perfect for finishing running enemies, since it doesn´t require for you to stand still *-*
+ Health restoration and true damage efect that makes her nearly umbeatable early game
+ Gap closer, that can work as escape tactic.
+ Great passive usesfull in verious ways.
+ Very fun to play with.
+ Can use a sword without even touching it =O
- No real escape tactic, can use Q if minion is near
- Very hard to master in the first times.
- You will be focused Hardly and will be ganged as hell.( those wards look pretty now..)
- *-* has no boyfreind......
In battle Irelia i choose the very simple and known 21/9/0 , it gives a nice amount of offense and defence - who doesn´t love having those two around? In the tanky build, i use a nice combo of offence and defense - with it you can tank a team figth but still do a nice amount of damage.The battle build masteries makes you have a better laning fase than normal due to having life steal and Atack Speed to farm more efictively.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage:With more Atack Damage you hit harder, in early game this will decide who has 1º blood, you or the enemies.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage:A little Atack damage always helps.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist:More Magic restance for Irelia is perfect becouse she still is a melee char and gets kited very easily and loses hp fast to Ap-Carrys.
- Greater Seal of Armor:More Armor for Irelia is good aswell , in this case agasint being kited to the Ad-Carrys, if you make them lose the lane more probably is that they won´t be so effective late game, and due to that your team can win team fights more easily- with a much lower probability of losing it.
The Good, the Meh and the Bad.... Summoner Spells
[Flash]: Flashes you from a place to another =O It looks a bit usless and actualy.... if used correct..it is... but if used correctly- like flashing throught walls- it can save you life. Always take this spell...or better never, never take this spell.
[Ignite]: Perfect to finish of enemies and get that all wanted 1º blood. If timed correctly can make an enemies life steal/spell vamp/healing or health regenerating spells usless.
[Exhaust]: This spell completly disrupts enemies damage out-put, making them easy targets the get killed- or not anoye you while you kill there allies, only use if trading ignite for it.
[Heal]: Instantely heals you and nearby allies, great for losing team fight situations or 1v1,it may make you even win the game if timed correctly, although a big amount of people rage it... i can´t see why xD
[Ghost]: Gives a big explosion of moviment speed, making you fast enougth to escape a gank or catch a runing enemy, the only spell capable of replacing flash.
All the other spells i haven´t refered don´t even deserve being refered....
Learn Your Abilities
- Ionian Fervor: Reduces durations of crowd control by 10%- for 1 champion near, 25%- for 2 champions near, 40%- for 3 champions near. This passive is perfect too escape or catch an enemie with crowd control, in team fights you can even take all de crowd control and make the enemie team loose.
- Bladesurge (Q): Your Glap closer that deals a big amount of damage, did i forget that it applies on hit effects like Trinity Force? Its damage scales an AD and on a 1/1 percentage.
- Hiten Style (W): Your laning ability!! The health restoration it gives on hit is very good and can be activated to deal true damage, which is an on hit effect that can be used with Bladesurge and deal its true damage effect and health restoration that doesn´t get lost when activated.
- Equilibrium Strike (E): Your personal Crowd Control- A Stun/slow that stun when your health percentage is lower then the enemies-, it gives a nice slow to make the runing enemies not so fast and if timed well in a losing battle you can use its stun to finish of a target making you iwn the team fight or a 1v1 .
- Transcendent Blades (R): Your enemie finisher, when activated you have a time to use all the 4 blades that deal damage and heals a percentage to Irelia. Whats so epic about this ability is the fact that you can active Trinity Force 4 times, heals you a percentage of damage, and you don´t even need to stand still to use it =O Thats why it is used to finish the runers, and also try to hit the large number of enemie targets to heal more.
Like anyone should, max your ultimate Transcendent Blades whenever you can , max your Bladsurge first then your, because its your main damage out-put. Max Equilibrium Strike second because of its Cooldown , when its leveled up second you Cooldown is much smaller and its stlow/stun time is bigger - It´s not used becouse of damage due to the fact that is scales horribly and in Ability Power. And third Hiten Style its true damage isn´t that big and health restoration too , its still a good spell but not so usefull in this build maybee only for lane sustainability.
Items are Girls best friends
: Atack speed to activate your on hit effects and make damage out-out bigger. Of course also for moviment speed.
: Its your main weapon!!! In AP- casters there item is Rabadon's Deathcap your is Trinity Force. You can activate it´s passive on use of Bladesurge and 4 times with Trascendent Blades
: This spell makes u rip off tanks like they where a piece of chocolate, its passive is applied on Bladesurge and makes it with an even better damage. Madred's Bloodrazor also gives a nice amount of damage , AS , and survivability with it´s armor.
: This item grants AS and a bonus AD with a good passive that takes down 15 armor per hit and stacks 3 times.
: Sometimes that health restoration isn´t just enought , so buy life steal with a big amount of AD with it!!! If farmed it gives a good amount of damage and life steal extra.
- : Your defensive item , it grant´s a shield that blacks bad spells, magic resistance and a good amount of HP.
In case of Banshee's Veil not being the survivability item you want , here are some options:
- It let´s you outrun most enemies and gives a good amount of Magix resistance agasint their Ap carrys - Use only when team is based on Heavy Ap-Casters.
- I don´t usualy use it but it´s a nice item when enemies are based on Ad-Carrys that deal big damage.
- Big amount of Hp is a Big amount of survivability.
Wards are some off the most underestimated items in the game, just ward a bush and it will save you life from ganks, or even give you a kill...
Yellow: Vital to protect the jungler on your team
Blue: For protection depending on which lane you're on
Red: To guard Dragon and Baron
Orange: In order to Counter-Jungle
Farming on Irelia is just AA minions on low HP, if you don´t manage to kill it then use your Bladesurge- it´s cooldown is refreshed and returns some mana waisted, wich makes her a good farmer. Jungle Irelia hmmm..... never tried it....maybee sometime in the future i will since she looks viable for it , and with the jungle patch it´s very easier to jungle.
Start by getting in , make big damage and get out alive. See the enemie that does the most damage, ping him and say to your team focus him when you go stun. Use always Hiten Style and save your stun - DON´T YOU EVER WAIST YOU STUN ON SLOWING AN ENEMIE ON A TEAM FIGHT!!!
Sometimes you will want to give your kills to your carrys if they are not fed. If not fed carrys are a lot less efective and this makes wining the game a lot harder, When they have at least 1 kill and assist per death your don´t need to give them the kill, but if you think there still not doing good give them it, when they have 2 kills per death you want the kill not him, and if they have 1 kill per 2 deaths they need the kill badly.
This build is based on my last Irelia one , but i made it more In-Depth and a lot better, The battle Irelia Build can be changed to your preferences but of course it´s main damage comes from Bladesurge and it´s on hit effect the priamary item you want for that is Trinity Force.
Hope you liked reading the build and getting to know some more features of Irelia.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here, with that enormous help i improved the guild in so many ways =)