Janna Build Guide by AngryOgre
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
This is my first guide - probably not the best , same for my english - and I ll try to tell you something about the champ Janna. She is often played as a support , I try to show you , that she can more than " just support ". Janna is a great mid champ with a lot of damage...
In this part , I ll show you the items I take Janna , if I play her as an AP-carry.
Some of them are probably changeable and maybe not the best , but yes , I ll go on ;)
1. Boots of Speed + 3 Health Potion // 2 Health Potion + 1 Mana Potion ~ Early substain at your lane + movement
2. Kage's Lucky Pick ( later -> Deathfire Grasp) ~ More gold ( -> burst damage )
3. Athene's Unholy Grail ~ Mana problems are gone , lower cd's , some ap
4. Rabadon's Deathcap ~ Damage. Just Damage. :)
5. Zhonya's Hourglass ~ Ap , Armor + the active, feel free to buy, but no must have!
6. Lich Bane ~ you 'll think " WHAT ?! LICH BANE?! " - Yes. The bonus AD of your Eye Of The Storm makes it useful. Still good for tower-destroying.
Other items :
- Archangel's Staff ~ your cd's makes it not really useful - but still nice boost.
- Abyssal Scepter ~ MR , AP + aura - great alternative for Zhonyas!
- Mejai's Soulstealer ~ Too risky. But if you are a fan of risks - feel free to buy it ;)
- Moonflair Spellblade ~ Anti-CC. But low AP. Better not!
- Rod of Ages ~ Life + Mana + AP - why not?!
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter ~ AP + life + slow. I don't think , that you need more slows with Janna , but i don't say that it would be useless!
- Void Staff ~ The enemy stack MR - BUY IT !
Ok... now the summoner spells.
Flash - Nice to hunt someone , great escaping.
Ghost - Nice ,too, but you have already much movement speed with Janna.
Ignite - Damage. Damage. Damage. - Just great!
Exhaust - Slow. I don't think, that you need it, but it makes you able to chase someone.
Teleport - You can easily gank other lanes or don't have to go the looooong way from base to lane ;)
Now better what I said to each of this summoner spells... they all are useful! I take normally Flash and Ignite ,but like i said - the others are useful ( + good) ,too!
This are the Masteries I use. Reasons :
- AP ( = Damage )
- Lower cd's
- Substain ( Life , armor + mr )
The skill points in the 2. Tree can changed into the 3. to get more Mana + Manaregeneration.
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power ~ AP , mainly for the early game.
- Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration ~ more Magicpenetration
- Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power ~ AP , better for late game, but make you weaker in the early game.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration ~ Magicpenetration to damage your enemy without too high "MR-problems"
Greater Seal of Magic Resist ~ MR for substain at mid, if you know your enemy ( as example Talon ) take Armor Seals!
Greater Glyph of Ability Power ~ AP = Damage. Just take it! ;)
- Nice slows + cc's
- Heal+Shield (Team-Supoort)
- High Movementspeed
- Movementspeed for the whole team
- can survive a gank easily
- You get a lot of assists ( ... but no kills)
- High cd's
- Her Damage is based on 1 Spell
- Hard to get kills ( ... but a lot of assists )
- Items are really important
- Just 2 Damage spells
This is the "real" strength of Janna !
Her Q throw enemies in the air - in a team fight it's not difficult to target them.
With her Zephyr she damage one hard - the slow makes him unable to escape.
USE THE Eye Of The Storm FOR AN ADC ( ATTACK DAMAGE CARRY ) !!!
- Why ? - 'cause the ADC 'll be the first target, so he get a shield which makes him able to survive long. The Bonus Attack Damage is great for him ,too!
Her Ulty ( Monsoon ) throw enemies away - and heal your allies! Use it to counter some spells... examples :
- Bullet Time
- Curse of the Sad Mummy
... The End
This is the End of my guide. I hope you like it, please give me tips and critics - I just can - and want- learn out of it! Please realize , that this shouldn't be "the best guide" , it's just a little one.
And don't forget if you play Janna :
YOU CAN CARRY YOUR TEAM! BLOW THE ENEMIES AWAY!