Jarvan IV Build Guide by Calselus
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Jarvan IV Build
If enemy too AD
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros / Cons
+Ulti That Traps Champions.
-Does Not Deal As Much Damage As Other Bruisers.
-Ultimate Can Either Harm Your Team Or Help Your Team.
- Martial Cadence :This does some significant damage, but if the Damage Bonus only occurs in 6 second intervals, so if you attack a minion with an auto attack, the Passive Bonus Damage won't occur on that same creep until 6 seconds later.
- Dragon Strike : Jarvan's Dragon Strike does some pretty significant damage as well, and has a decent range. Jarvan's Q is mostly used when doing the E - Q combo to fling an enemy champion up in the air, and this combo is what makes Jarvan's early game ganks incredible, because if you are able to fling the enemy champion in the air when you are ganking, they will either have to Flash or Ghost out, or they will die.
- Golden Aegis : Jarvan's Shield gives Jarvan a 410 Damage Shield for 5 seconds, when it is maxed and all 5 of the enemy champions are around him when he uses it. On top of shielding Jarvan, it also slows enemy champions in range, for 2 seconds.
- Demacian Standard : This skill is the reason why Jarvan is able to jungle, because of the Attack Speed and Armor Bonuses it gives, and when it is used at a specific location, all of your ally champions around that location also get these bonuses for 8 seconds. When this skill is combined with Jarvan's Q, Jarvan flings any enemy champions in his path, which is why Jarvan is such a great ganker.
- Cataclysm : Jarvan wouldn't be Jarvan if he didn't have his Ultimate: Cataclysm. This can literally change the outcome of any teamfight if used correctly. Lets say the enemy Riven is insanely fed, and is always focusing your carries and kills them almost instantly, well you can change that by ulting the Riven in teamfights, so Riven can't get to your carries, and by the time Jarvan's Ultimate is gone, Riven will be dead. So, Jarvan's Ulti can be used to save people, trap the enemy carries, or if used incorrectly, it could kill one of your teammates. An example of when Jarvan can use his ulti incorrectly could be when an enemy champion is chasing your ally champion, and they don't have much distance, but you quickly ulti the enemy champion, thinking your ally champion can escape...but instead you will most likely end up trapping the enemy champion AND you ally champion, so the enemy champion will end up killing your ally champion. Though, Cataclysm is an amazing skill and can change the outcome of any teamfight.
Wraiths -> Lizard Elder -> Wolves -> Ancient Golem -> Gank Top -> Gank Mid