Jax Build Guide by eggnogg5
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everyone. I'm eggnogg5, and I am, obviously, a LoL player, just like you. This is my first build I've ever written, so please bare with me. Now to introduce Jax. He is a great champion. If you want people to turn red in the face as the red disappears from their health bar, Jax is for you. You can play him AD, AP, or Hybrid, but from my experience, AD is the way to go, although many people do have great success with him AP. Anyway, constructive criticism and + votes always help!
+Fun to play.
+Easy to learn with practice.
+High end game AND early game damage output.
+High mid to late game survivability.
-Squishy early game.
-Slow to develop late game if not fed early/mid game.
-Has a lamp post for a weapon, which in his case, really isn't a con:D
- greater mark of desolation / greater quintessence of desolation because vs damage runes, you will be able to tear through tanks and other high armor champions, whereas if you took all AD, you'd be near useless against high armor champions like Rammus.
- Greater Seal of Armor because you need this to help survive team fights, 1v1 situations, and to increase your maximum amount of time spent in lane overall.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Attack Damage because you don't want to be good early game and die off mid to late game. This will help insure you to be a valuable asset to the team all game long. If you choose though, you can replace these with Glyphs of Strength, to increase your early game/getting fed capability.
- This is Jax's passive. It gives him 3 health points per point of attack damage and 2 health points per point of ability power from items. This makes it useful for a pure AD, AP, or hybrid Jax build.
- Causes Jax to jump at the target. If the target is an enemy, he deals magic damage. Leap Strike is a great mobility skill. It is not the hardest hitting skill Jax has, but that is not it's primary function. Leap Strike is a great mobility skill. You can use it to initiate, to catch up, or to run away. Because this build is all about having high damage early on, I max this second.
- Empower makes Jax's next ability do extra magic damage. Once maxed, Empower can be devastating. It becomes most useful late game, because you can use it to make the next Leap Strike or Counter Strike hit harder. In battle, if you use Leap Strike to catch up to a low hp champion running away, hit Empower beforehand to make your Leap Strike hit harder to hopefully finish off a fleeing enemy when it may have otherwise just gotten them lower than they were. If you are engaged in a melee fight, or brawl, and no one is running away, use Empower before you Counter Strike for crazy burst. I max this last.
- Counter Strike passively increases dodge chance, and actively stuns and deals high amounts of damage. Can only be used after dodging an attack. At the end of your build, you will have enough dodge from maxing Counter Strike to where it has a shorter cooldown than Leap Strike, which makes it just as useful, if not MORE useful, when chasing down a low HP enemy. Plus, this ability is extremely useful in team fights, since it is an AoE. I max this first.
- Relentless Assault passively increases attack speed each hit and causes every third hit to deal additional magic damage. Stacks up to ten times. This ability helps greatly in 1v1's and team fights alike. Use it when you first engage in the fight. What it's passive and active actually do are pretty self explanatory. Put points in this at 6, 11, and 16.
I will be adding on to this build over time and if it gets some positive results, going more in depth and prettying it up. I will post the math behind my choices and some screen shots, as well as throw in some situational items. Remember to +1, vote up, like, and favorite! Thanks!
*Note: I am only in Spanish 1, so obvioulsy I cannot, but if anyone would be willing to translate this guide to Spanish, I would be more than happy to add chapters of this in Spanish on to the current guide. Just pm me if you would like to, or any other language for that matter, and we can work something out. I would for sure credit you for your hard work. Thanks!