Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Updated: 5/15/2011 Tweaks after patch.
Jungle Irelia is a very underused build, and often criticized as being too weak and too slow. However, it is a great "backup" Jungler if your team does not have a suitable Jungler. Irelia can fulfill the jungling role quiet well as her W can sustain her very well in the jungle. In addition, this is a tanky Irelia build which allows to act as sort of an "off-tank" for teams. However, if you wish, a full tank Irelia is also semi-viable in non-competitive play if your team really needs a tank. Irelia's initiation is her Q, and her passive allows her to be less effected by CC which makes her very decent in going after enemy carries while tanking and dishing out damage at the same time.
Allow for a solo lane
High mobility (her speed with this Mastery setup is about 391 with just tier 1 boot)
Learning Curve is high
Jungle is slower than the best of the best Junglers like WW and Nunu.
Kinda squishy till Banshee.
The is the "safest" route I use.
1. Learn at level 1. Start at Wraith camp, big one, killing small one by using .
2. Go to Wolf camp, use a potion while killing the big wolf first and using whenever it is up. You will be level 2, learn your .
3. Pop another potion, go to blue golemn camp. Start with and after an attack, immediately use to reset attack timer. Repeat this till the golemn is low enough to Smite. You'll need to pop another potion in the middle of it when the first one runs out. You should be level 3 after you finish the Blue Golemn camp. Get another level in .
4. Head to Red Lizard, pop a potion on your way. Start the Lizard when your is about 20 sec cool down. The Lizard should be either 1800 or 1925 HP. Repeat the same thing you did at Blue Golemn, and finish this camp. You'll pop your last potion in the middle of this fight.
5. Head to bottom golemn with about 30-40% health. Repeat the same thing you did at Blue Golemn as well. After this you'll be Level 4 and take up .
6. You can either finish the Wolf camp again, and the Wraith camp (smiting the big wraith), then start ganking, or gank right after you get level 4.
7. B to base, then buy a ward couple pot, and start ganking.
8. The rest is learned by experience.
BAD START ROUTE
This is for when you are harassed during your jungle. If the blue golemn is too tough when you get to level 2, from wraith and wolf, you should head to the small golemn camp, and get to level 3 before trying to resume your Blue golemn route.
I prioritize first because it's for sustainability in the Jungle. At level 3 I usually take . You can do at level 3 if you see opportunity for immediate gank.
I take over , because of its slow/stun effect, allowing you process more W in. It's new lower cool down means more spamming of this skill, which makes great synergy with your W.
Listed above is the Core Build. It's a survival/tanky DPS build with focus on Attack Speed.
The first 3 item is the "core build." You should get or depending on the enemy team. If they are physical heavy, you should get , if they are magic heavy you should get .
Wriggle's or Madred depends on how well you are doing. Optimally Madred dishes out more damage than Lantern, however Lantern provides great map control and is cheaper.
Alternative Items are
Instead of , you can get if they are very heavy physical DPS.
Instead of you can get if they have huge magic burst.
I hope you enjoy this build. I don't know if this is the best build, but I've had moderate success. In team fights, you can take down popular carries well such as Ashe, MF, or Trist. As well as popular AP carries or Supports. Initiate with your and . Activate your and proceed to pound away at your target. You should prioritize squishy carries that stay in the back. Utilize your .
WARNING - does NOT go through terrain like trees or walls. Please note this.
Since the latest patch, Dragon and Baron has been considerably buffed so it's very hard to solo Baron at level 14 now. As for Dragon, it is best to have your and first before attempting it.
Please leave your comment and rate this. Thanks once again for reading.