Udyr Build Guide by neurot
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hi there.This is my first ever guide so i do ask for your patience,your understanding and your feedback!I am NOT a top elo player,not even nearly as good as one,but i do find this build to fit my playstyle and it sure helps me win more games than i would normally do!So this guide's purpose is to help people climb up dat laddah and have tons of fun while doing it!Hope it helps!Cheers!
Pros / Cons of Tiger Udyr
- Q's scaling
- AWESOME ganks
- HIGH single-target damage
- He's a freakin tiger
- Can invade and kill most junglers
- High risk,high reward playstyle needed to be efficient.
- If not fed/godlike cs,just a cat late game.
- No Aoe for teamfights and jungle clearing.
- Have to rely to mobility/flash for escapes.
- No ultimate
I like the10/5/15 masteries set up as it is efficient both if you get fed early game or if you decide that farming till a gank possibility shows up,is the way to go.Nevertheless,you can always go for a 21/9/0 set up or even 21/0/9 but imo the movement speed and spellvamp you get from the utility tree is too good to give up.!
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
- make up for your average clearing speed(compared to shyvana,olaf,eve,phoenix udyr etc.)
- get in and out of your opponents jungle untouched
- to always get something out of a gank.SO FAST.
- be impossible to escape from
- escape from near-death experiences
You play really aggressive?Flash is the way to go.You can be a beast early game by hunting down opponents.Udyr got no skills to escape except from high mobility.So you can use it defensively as well.
It's a common spell for jungle Udyrs out there.I like to take ghost when i play phoenix stance udyr and build him with tank items.But it is 100% viable on tiger stance udyr as well.Depends on your playstyle.
You want this spell.You may got enough damage to clear dem camps with no smite but it's low cooldown,the extra gold it gives you and its strength when counter jungling make it 100% necessary.
Wouldn't recommend this but it's always a choice if you're playing super aggressive and are the master of jukes.
Skill SequenceTiger Stance and max it first.
i like to max Turtle Stance second for its lifesteal and shield.I've seen pro's maxing out Bear Stance second though . It's up to your playstyle.i do recommend Turtle Stance for beginners! :)
- Clearing all your camps for level 4.
- Invading enemy's jungle at level 2
you'll be able to kill most junglers at level 2 without your
Ninja Tabi You're fast,you deal huge amounts of damage early game.These boots will help you secure that kill under the enemy's turret and walk away like a bawss.I prefer Ninja Tabi 9/10 times.
Mercury's Treads is also a great item on udyr.It's passive will make escaping/chasing even easier.A must-buy item if the enemy team got lots of cc!
Boots of Mobility you're already the fastest dude on the map.they seem redundant.Nice choice if they got squishy champs though.You'll literally be EVERYWHERE.
Boots of Swiftness can be a life-saver but in rare cases.still make you run like hell though.viable.
Spirit of the Elder Lizard my go-to jungle item choice.damage,cd reduction,hp/mp regen.basically all udyr needs to dominate the map.great passive too.can be a goldmine if you counter jungle hard.I do believe now that the spirit items passive change has made Lizard an even better item for Udyr.you'll always come out full hp/mana out of your jungle.
Trinity Force one of the best items on udyr.i do believe it works better with the phoenix build though,but that passive + ms steroid are too good to give up.
Youmuu's Ghostblade can be great if the enemy team got lots of mobility and your movement speed is not enough.also usefull to snipe down enemies and gtfo in no time.It is really situational though.other items will be better on Udyr most of times.
Zephyr gotta love this item.that 50 as make your Tiger Stance look really scary.can take down enemies before even your stun ends.+ the movement speed steroid and that 10cdr,dayum.It is a risky item choice if you're behind but you can always make it worth if you manage to engage 1v1=kill."gj".it is an overall worth buying item,but you gotta know the champ really well.trinity works better if you're a beginner on udyr!
Blade of the Ruined King situational . if you think you need sustain,go for it.can also be your only way to kite and/or slow an enemy .
The Black Cleaver would only get this if the enemy team is stacking armor but still.not that good on udyr.
Muramana works for top udyr but not in the jungle. get this only if you won't buy Spirit of the Elder Lizard and you get fed as f* early game.
Wit's End if you need attack speed and the enemy got some ap damage,get this.viable on udyr 100%
Iceborn Gauntlet nice item on udyr too.you can get this instead of frozen heart if possible.
Ravenous Hydra Tiger udyr can farm turrets mid-late game.Get this for split pushing.Lifesteal never ain't bad too.
Spirit of the Ancient Golem get spirit of the ancient golem if the enemy team got lots of cc.definetely worth
Sunfire Cape an overall great item on udyr.passive?worth,hp?worth,armor?worth.!also an amazing choice for longer fights and trading with off-tanks.
Frozen Heart I get this 9/10 times.The 20 cdr+the ability to hunt down any adc thanks to its passive make it worth-buying
Thornmail enemy team's adc fed as hell?he got damage pen?get this.
Guardian Angel 50 armor,40 mr,passive always been-will be one of the best in-game.why not?
Banshee's Veil get this if the enemy apc is fed or the enemy team got a lot of poke and/or cc.it's passive will make the enemy blitz wonder why his handful is all empty.
Spirit Visage i dont usually buy this on udyr and i have no idea why.its an overall great item.tons of magic resist and hp regen.worth.
You basically got to adapt your playstyle to the enemy junglers power.You can pick up a kill or at least a flash and a recall(time to farm his jungle) out of the enemy if you invade in most of cases.but some junglers ,if skilled ,will be hard to kill and you might end up dead.If you think this is the case then you should farm to level 4 and gank for a kill.You should always have a ward in your pocket.Map awareness will not only help you gank/countergank but if the enemy ganks a lane and you cant do something about it,you should run straight to his jungle and farm everything.
Farming to level 4
Always start red buff first.Ask for a trinket ward at your blue buff.Following this route,you wanna use your smite on the big Lizard,the big wolf and then your Blue buff golem.Try to always keep an eye on your map so that if a teammate is hard pushed and there is a gank/kill possibility,you level up your Bear Stance at level 3 and gank immediately.
You always gotta remember though :
- Tiger Stance udyr with a red buff start can be starving for Mana.Do not spam your qwqw.You could switch stances once every camp if needed.your Doran's Blade + Vampirism + Health Potion are more than enough to sustain your hp while farming.
- if everythings going on smooth,you farm in peace,your teammates are not pushed,ganked etc.Do not recall until you got gold to buy something meaningfull.In these cases i usually recall when i got at least 800 gold to buy a Spirit Stone + Stealth Ward / Doran's Blade + Boots of Speed .Dependes on the game. You can sustain even if you got no pots.
Invading enemy's jungle
You bascially wanna invade the enemy's jungle after taking your first buff and hitting level 2.You now got Tiger Stance and Bear Stance.You can probably outtrade any enemy at this point but the ones you always wanna make their life hell are Amumu, Kha'Zix, Shaco, Rengar.Basically,champs that are weak in the jungle early game.
There are 2 main routes for this.the 1st of em works better.
Green spots are where you should use your trinket the second you get there.
the idea is that weak champs will start with their bot-side buff.Route 1 works better because it is easier for you to escape,chase while you still can get help if needed from your mid laner.Route 2 is riskier.That's because it means that the enemy jungler started red . So not only they can sustain some damage, Shyvana , Lee Sin , Dr. Mundo (are some of these champs) but they can always get help from their bot and mid lane as well.Let your teammates always know what you're about to do so they can help/alert you if somethings wrong.
It's basically the same idea as with the blue side route.Always let your teammates know what you're on to.The additional grey routes are for when you are sure the bush behind the buff is warded,so you take the long way there.Taking the long way to their red buff can be risky if the enemy bot lane wards their tribush.Do not forget that you are Udyr,you are fast.you can always straight up walk into their face.
- Always remember that you can't stun an enemy with Bear Stance more than once every 6 seconds.So you do not have to stun the enemy the moment you gank.If your teammate lacks cc than you might end up with an unsuccesfull gank.Use your Tiger Stance instead and stun him when he uses whatever escape mechanism he got in mind.You will be able to catch up 9/10 times and then stun him to secure the kill.
- Ganking an enemy with high burst damage can sometimes set you low before you even get to them.Try to enter the lane after you activate your Turtle Stance . You will take as little damage as possible before you get close and kill the son of a female dog.
- Constantly switch stances when trying to escape a bad situation.Your Monkey's Agility speed steroid can not be ignored.
- Do not underestimate the enemy's power.Do not underestimate your power.Switching stances at the right time can give you a 1v2 doublekill but you gotta try to know your limits in every game seperately.When trading,use the info you get of the enemy for your benefit and do not engage in bad situations unless you're sure you're gonna get something out of it.
- When invading and got vision of the enemy jungler,try to engage on him on a point where he can not smite his buff dead.The time they will need to think their priorities out is enough for you to get the job done.
So this is it!I know i might be wrong on some things and more wrong on others,but comments and feedback would mean a lot to me and will sure be taken into account to make this guide better!I hope you enjoyed reading this guide! peace out!