Kassadin Build Guide by Mini7
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
1. Im releasing this build. The item build is all that matters ATM. I'll update after ANY Kassadin game and I'll add a new build that has to do with TankSaddin the Caster Crusher.
2. This build was proven
SO FAR ALOT OF ITEM SEQUENCES, TACTICS, AND INFO HAS BEEN LEFT OUT TO RUSH A PUBLISH
I HAVE THE PATIENCE OF A 4 YEAR OLD
0.5.0 "Beta"- Released to MOBAfire early.
1.0.0- Added some parts
1.1.0- Typo errors fixed
1.1.1- Change item build due to sudden realization
1.2.0- Added sections
1.2.1- Added the changelog
1.2.2- Played some games with him. Guide is solid
1.2.3- Submitted to Reddit, Let's see some advice
Kassadin - The Void Walker
There is a place between dimensions and between worlds. To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To most, however, it is called the Void. Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things, horrors not meant for minds of men. Though such knowledge is lost in modern times, there are those who have unwittingly discovered what lies beyond, and they have been unable to turn away. Kassadin is such a creature. He was once a man forced to look upon the face of the Void and forever changed by what he saw. Once a seeker of forbidden knowledge, he discovered that what he sought was something else entirely. He is one of the few that has found his way to forgotten Icathia and lived to tell the tale, following the scant breadcrumbs hidden in ancient texts.
Within a decaying cyclopean city, Kassadin found secrets of the kind that he will never share - secrets that made him quake with fear at the visions of things to come that were thrust upon him. The power of the place threatened to consume him forever, but Kassadin took the only route available to him in order to survive - he let the Void inside him. Miraculously, he was able to overcome the alien urges that went with it, and he emerged as something more than human. Though a part of him died that day, he knows that he must protect Valoran from the things scratching at the door, waiting to get in and visit their torments upon the world. They are only one step away... something to which the appearance of the abomination known as Cho'Gath attests.
"If you look upon the Void, you can't put it behind you. If you look upon Kassadin, he is probably already there."
Welcome to my build. After my AD carry builds all failed, i decided to visit my old friend... whom i got my first pentakill with!
Lets get off by saying what I done to learn Kassadin-
1. I've played him since level 15.
2. He's been my favorite champ since I started.
3. I've gone to Leaguecraft, Solomid, and Mobafire to learn him... never succeeded that till I found Elhehir's Anti-Carry build.
Now that that's settled... lets begin
Pros and Cons
A little OP
Viable at high elo
High Templars are OP
Squishy early game
CC can destroy him
Mana hungry mid game
HAS NO DARTH VADER SKIN
I take standard 9/0/21 caster masteries... I LOVE PUTTING POINTS IN MY SUMMONER SPELLS..
it helps me remember.
If you dont run 9/0/21... i guess anti-mage kass benefits from 0/9/21
So basically, Kassadin is an assassin
Lets ask ourselves, What's an assassin?
Assassins in LoL are as follows- Trolls. The 4V5 is over the other team won it, all low... suddenly, pentakill.
You are the swifer sweeper of this game... the best chaser. you go through walls (ward kiddies), you shoot purple balls of silence, you shoot waves of void energy, and YOU ARE DESIGNED OFF THE STARCRAFT HIGH TEMPLAR!!!!!!!
Ah, my favorite part of any build... except my Tryndamere build, you guys ruined that.
Kassadin's building focus-
1. Mana- he lacks in it mid game
2. Mana regen- needs the comfort
3. AP- you know... to kill things
4. CDR- Because 5 seconds on riftwalk is too much time.
First, we start with mana crystal and 2 health pots
We then have a choice
1. Build catalyst if doing fine and not 0/5/0
2. Build boots if horrible AD Kassadin
Next, build anything you dont have. Meaning- You should have Catalyst, and boots
At around the 20 minute mark, finish up Rod Of Ages... Why?
1. It offers MANA, one of your key points
2. It gives Health, you need to be beefy... you kill carries
3. AP on this caster... needed
Next build Deathcap. Self explanatory- BUT If you build it, it will heavily up the burst you have... at a catch. Mana regen. You have none. Once you hit lvl 11... one burst and its back to base.
Then you have choices.
1. Void Staff
2. Abyssal Scepter.
It all depends on the enemy team comp. If they're stack MG resist... build the MG pent item.
Now the you have your build, you can have Zhonya's for beefyness or the another god-tier Deathcap.
You can buy Lich Bane if you've been going up in people's faces all game.
Not really much left. Kassadin is an anti-caster.
There are small notes here and there.
1. Getting a point in your W spell can help early and mid game.
2. Leveling Q is essential for silencing casters
3. Your E spell does less than an autoattack below LVL 3.
1. Exhaust- Well... can be used to shut down carrys, but useless
2. Ghost- Double Flash FTW
3. Heal- See too much Kassadins taking this, uninstall you ruined a first blood
4. Revive- Clever on Panth and Karthus... but why?
5. Smite- Hmmmm... roaming Kass benefits
6. Teleport- Well, if you dont like flash... i guess
7. Cleanse- Essential for ranked play
8. Fortify- Nope
9. Clarity- point in W
10. Ignite- Very nice ability
11. Rally- I approve of anyone who ever ran with this.. its OP :P
12. CV- Well, if you need it... but you're not a support
13. The unluckiest number, also flash- DOUBLE FLASH ENDLESS ESCAPES CHECHECHE
What is your job in teamfights?
Kassadin has a different job in each situation. Here's your priority list-
1 is top priority
1. Un-CCed nukers, the'll wreck
3. Weak/ Half-Dead champs
4. Any other AP champ
7. MIA gankers
8. The other team
9. Minions trying to kill your turret.
Actual 5V5 that happened to me-
I was heading down MID lane. All of a sudden the fed Annie with me stunned the 3 man gank, she would die because the enemy Master Yi came in and exhausted her.
What to do?
1. Chase down the fleeing enemies, TRIPLE KILL
2. Nuke Yi and run away... leading to Annie's death
4. Take the 20 HP tower while he can't stop you >:)
What did I do?
I stood in his way and slowed him. I then BLINKED away. Silencing him. But, his alpha strike got. Shortly then, Annie got a quadra kill off 4 enemies at low HP recovering in the bush.
What did I do?
I did my job as the team's Anti-Carry, saving our AP carry, then, hand-feeding her kills on a void spoon.
The other thing you have to do,
KILL RUNNERS THAT NO ONE WILL DEDICATE TO