Build Guide by hoppytom
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello again! This is my second build and the one that I use the most!
Also, please take time to look at my Udyr build, Udyr: iSurvive. (The best ranked Udyr build on Mobafire!)
This build is NOT for everyone! You must be a very skilled harasser and a very patient player!
Before I get into this and that, I first want to explain how this guide will help you. Katarina is one of the best harassers in the game, no questions asked. She also has potential to put out loads and loads of damage (There are both AP and AD builds, and many of them are FANTASTIC). However, as you have seen in my Udyr build, I am a survivalist and play all of my characters like so. So, I'm not saying that you won't go 20 - 2 with this build, but don't expect to that often. The goal of this build is to stay alive, while dealing moderate, yet impressive, damage.
Now, this is the most important thing to know about this build!!!
Katarina is very often focused on first by opposing teams. WHILE BUILT LIKE THIS, THIS IS YOUR ADVANTAGE AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS! It will take a good while to kill you, henceforth leaving your teammates alive to do more damage while leaving the opposing team thinkin "WTFkattank?". It works :D
1. Dorans Shield - This is imperative for early game laning. Keeps you alive longer with the +hp and health regen
2. Rylia's Crystal Scepter - In any build you will ever see, this item will be in it. This item was probably created just for Kat, it's perfect for her in any build.
3. Boots of Speed - Go ahead and take this, or straight up buy the Ninja Tabi if you can. The reason I don't take boots before the scepter is because you will be hard to kill with the scepter earlier on + you can just Shunpo/Flash to minions.
4. Frozen Mallet - I take this for the HP boost and the attack boost. The AD boost strengthens your bouncing blade pretty fairly, not to mention you can slow enemies.
5. Guinsoo's Rageblade - Excellent item for her here because A) The AD and AP enhance both your Shunpo and Bouncing Blade significantly. B) By the time you Shunpo and throw your Bouncing Blade, you'll have physically hit your opponent twice, putting your stacks to 4 or 5. This, on all accounts, makes Death Lotus MEAN.
6. Rarely will you make it to a sixth item, so just buy whatever will fit your game at this point.
I take Flash and Ignite for my summoner spells.
Flash+Shunpo makes for a mean nasty chasing move. You can also get outta a lotta stuff by flashing.
Ignite, well, it's always useful no matter who you use.
Use any summoner spell you're comfortable with, these are just the ones I prefer
I'll gradually add to this build based on feedback. Thank you for reading my second guide!