NEW PATCH Kayle
-Updated general build
-Updated gameplay and strategy
-Updated Runes & Masteries
-Updated Items $ New Situational Items section
New model and animations!
Community contest "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" /dance animation <---awesome--->
Attack damage per level reduced to 2.5 from 3 <---sad face--->
Attack speed per level reduced to 2 from 2.3 <---sad face--->
Recommended items updated
New Passive: Kayle's basic attacks against enemy champions now reduce their armor and magic resistance by 2% for 5 seconds (stacks up to 5 times) <---ok...i can deal--->
Missile speed increased to 1300 from 1000 <---Finally!--->
Ability power ratio increased to 1.0 from 0.8 <---Yey--->
Mana cost reduced to 70/75/80/85/90 from 80/85/90/95/100 <---good--->
Slow increased to 35% from 25% <---VERY good--->
Damage amplification reduced to 5% from 8/10/12/14/16% <---not so carry like--->
Cooldown reduced to 16 seconds from 22/21/20/19/18 seconds <---Thank GOD--->
Bonus damage increased to 20/30/40/50/60 from 4/10/16/22/28 <---LOL YES--->
Increased splash range to 300 from 200 <---Very good--->
Ability power ratio decreased to .2 to .3 <---sad face--->
Mana cost reduced to 45 from 65 <---good--->
Base heal adjusted to 45/85/125/165/205 from 65/100/135/170/205 <---WHY RIOT?--->
Movement speed duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 10 seconds <---sad, but ok--->
Movement speed boost increased to 15/17/19/21/23% from 12% <---this makes it ok--->
Ability power ratio reduced to .35 from .5 <---bad for support--->
Cooldown increased to 15 seconds from 10 seconds <---sucks....--->
Ok, so i know there are some great guides to Kayle out there and that's where I started, but I was having trouble with early game like all Kayles do, you hold out till you get farmed then rape the enemy team late game... if you make it there...
I came up with a solution to this problem by prioritizing other items first and playing Kayle differently in the beginning by getting items and skills you need in order to farm, stay in the lane, and support your team.
Here are the guidelines if you want to be good with Kayle:
1. Thou shall farm.
2. Thou shall play support early game.
3. Thou shall shield Allies 75% of the time.
4. Thou shall dominate mid-late game.
(Thou shall not be stupid! "Why did you tower dive Kayle???.... I have a shield noob.... But you didn't get the kill and still died and if you would have used shield on an ally and ran 2 of us would be alive right now...")
Pros / Cons
- Decent support
- Can carry if done correctly
- Can save Allies
- Farms good
- Longer the game, stronger she gets <---not as true now that her old passive is gone--->
- Very fast around 500 movement speed most of the time
- Enemies will hate and curse you screaming all sorts of insults claiming Kayle is OP
- Fun hero to play
- Item dependent
- Priority is farming early game
- Weak early game
Vulnerable to CC (if you see the enemy team has 5 stuns or something get a
- I still think this is worth it for all the bonus's it gives its such a great item on Kayle.
- Here is where the build starts changing ALOT.
Kayle harnesses her righteous fury to increase her attack range by 400 for 10 seconds. These attacks splash, dealing 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 additional magic damage to her target with nearby units taking 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% of her attack damage plus magic damage. This splash damage does not affect turrets.
+50 Attack Damage +15 Health Regen per 5 sec +5 Mana Regen per 5 sec Passive: Your attacks splash, dealing 50% area of effect damage around the target (35% for ranged attacks).
Tiamat increases your damage to nearby units by 50%, you stack this on top of Righteous Fury, you get 40% of her attack damage + magic damage, AND Tiamats 50% splash to nearby enemies, i have not playtested enough to know if her debuff gets placed on more than 1 enemy with just righteous fury splash or tiamats splash, but the dmg amplification/splash helps with farming even more and the mana/health regen always helps. Just try it out, see how u like it, if you dont replace it with a life steal item ;)
NOTE: Kayle's attacks are not "ranged" attackes as far as its specified in righteous fury "increase her attack range by 400 for 10 seconds" so it gets full buffs from both Tiamat AND Frozen Mallet.
- This now is great because it stacks with Kayle's passive! And AS = more stacks! ;)
- After much thought and a few comments about guinsoos rageblade, i decided this item fits into build a little better with the armor debuff + kayles passive and malady's debuff and AS, and AD this item wins out over rageblades additional AD and AP since kayles passive doesnt stack AD and AP anymore.
- This sorta replaces hextech since the nerf and gives extra health and a everlasting slow (slow is max cause Kayle's attacks are not "ranged")
- Good Vs. High health tanks, build this instead of tiamat in most cases against high health enemies.
- If your heart is SET on Lifesteal, or you REALLY need to carry your whole team, this is your solution, replaces frozen mallot IMO. Great life steal/great damage (if you stay alive).
- Lots of physical DPS on your team? Wanna do your team a favor? Build STARKS its best for this type of team! (and counteracts thornmail with life steal)
- Having trouble with CC? Build these boots instead. Your slow is still good to get a few hits in without the swiftness.
- I personally love this item, any time i see 2-3 enemy mages on enemy team i build this item for AD carries/tanks. Replace Malady with this item and you will find yourself PWNing mages and surviving longer vs. them.
Standard 9-0-21 build. The reason I go Utility is for the extra needed mana regen, CDR, speed, and 2 summoner spells + you will always have either Ghost or Flash up with a 15% decreased time on their CD.
So you can Chase/Run from an enemy and NO ONE CAN POSSIBLY CATCH YOU because of your SWIFTNESS!!!
So you can last hit that annoying Ashe that has 10 health left and still kiting your team. Or here's an idea, flash passed a turret, kill the enemy then yourself as you run away unscathed from the turret.
Also one of my favorite things to do is use Flash if you are getting focused in teamfight so you can still use your ulti and heal team from a distance because the heal has a HUGE range.
FARM EVERYTHING, if you can KS do it. You need every single CK you can get so learn to last his every dang creep. Use to farm ESPECIALLY since buff! This does a LOT of damage early game now so you can consider harassment as well, try to go for the ranged minions first, the AOE will kill them all in about 4 hits early game and 2-3 hits mid-late game. Kill everything in the jungle when lanes are pushed, get the blue buff as you can heal faster and always able to use your abilities. Late game get Red buff so you can have extra damage and a nice slow.
At the beginning pick up a
this gives you health AP for heals and dmg and mana regen. Worry about CK and keeping you and your lane m8 alive and in lane farming and leveling. If you want to get your
faster pick up a meki's pendent
I try to stay and farm enough for a
for first back, if you have enough pick up a few
s and get back in lane ASAP, gotta keep that farm going. If the enemies start gathering for a fight mid, see if someone else helps and just keep farming, if they need your shield get your booty down there and heal, shield, slow, fury then get back to farming ASAP, if nothing is happening and its a stand off, just go to the nearby jungle, NEVER STOP FARMING unless its a teamfight. You are very fast and can get back into action quickly.
This will allow you to stay in lane for a LONG time. I usually can stay long enough to finish off the
if you have enough from SUPER FARM pick up a
once you reach this point your farming speeds up significantly and you will be able to kill enemies and support allies with your heal very well. Remember your heal also give a 12% speed boost for 10 seconds.
I love rushing
because it gives you everything you need:
+55 AP for stronger heals and more damage with Righteous Fury
+10 Mana regen per 5 sec which allows you to spam your heal
+50% Attack speed which helps farming and getting kills
-25% CD which is one of the best things for Kayle to have this early. This means we have our shield every 60 seconds so it is actually there when allies need it, your heal is about 7 seconds CD so very spamable, your Righteous Fury will always come off CD before you run out of the buff so you can just activate it again.
This is a far superior item to have as a first item instead of Rageblade. You dont loose your attack speed stacks when you stop attacking, helps your heals, and allows you to shield more often.