Kha'Zix Build Guide by xDuke
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
How to read
I didn't write his pro's/con's and other not-importmant things because it's stupid and useless. I tried NOT TO include boring informations into guide. If you read everything you will own with Kha' Zix.
Armor penetration runes became number 1 choice for Kha' Zix. Because of his Q damage output you could do true damage to AP Carry mid or to other squishy champions. In jungle I run on basic AD runes with Scaling magic resist, because you need to get farm well in early game if you want to make it to late game. Note, that Kha' Zix is mostly late game chapion. At early stages try to stay back unless you are dealing with squishy champions.
Always pick 21/9 on masteries. He's not tank, he's AD. It is wise to adapt masteries depending what role you will be playing. For example - if you will be playing Mid take more magic resist, if you will be playing Top take more armor. If you jungling pick some masteries that will help you with clearing your jungle.
How to play him
Kha' Zix is ganker. He is assassin. You must play him exactly like that. In teamfights stay back. Search for good position, leave tank to go first. When you find your target (mostly AP Carry or AD Carry) jump on him and then do combo - Q - W - 1,2 auto-hits. If you are no lacking behind other it should be enought to kill their carries. When you will engage with jump you will be mostly focused. Don't be afraid, after you kill their carry you can still escape since your E (jump) resets after kill or assist. Thise E makes Kha' Zixs pentas so easy.
1. Start wolves, then blue
HINT: Ask team for hard pull so you could gank Lv 2 one of lanes right after blue.
2. Wraiths -> Golemns -> Red etc.
3. Most importnant! If one of your teammates recall be sure so farm his lane, so you will be in contact with your team champion levels.
4. Never gank lost lane (if you teammate make them feed, you will probably both die when ganking)
5. Help push lanes, or just to get some kills and lane advantage (if you gank bot early and leave kill to your carry that almost mean win-bot-lane)
6. Never take kills from AD or AP carry, others you can.
7. Counter-jungle when possible + ward their jungle. Kha' Zix is strong at counter-jungling.
1. Fast lvl 2
2. Always poke their AP carry, using E + Q + W + 1,2 auto-hits (This combo will completely shut him down, they will lose about 1/2, to 3/4 of their lifes.)
3. When you hit lv 6 evolve your E - you get reset on your E and your jumps become longer at this point.
4. This is time for real assassin what Kha' Zix definitelly is. Push lane and then gank top or bot. Ganking is easy.
HOW TO GANK:
Jump into (you can do over the wall etc.) then use your combo, get the kill and jump out.
HINT: When ganking boots of mobility will be very helpfull - this is the reason why I take them if I play mid.
5. Repeat this time over time. When reach lv 11 evolve W. With W evolved you will clear minion ways even more easy, so you could gank faster. You can do some counter-jungling at this point either.
1. Always WARD your lane. Early ward come very usefull if you are playing vs very def champs like Cho Gath.
2. Do not push lane over and over again. Push it only when you want to TP to help your team and get some kills / advantage over champion on top you are playing against. This is why is TP best choice for Top lane Kha' Zix.
3. Farm! Top is all about farming. It is kind a boring lane, but still importmant. In late game you could carry game if farmed propertly.
4. Poke, then farm -> Don't push lane -> Poke, then farm -> Push lane, then TP -> Get kill or assist after TP -> Go back to your lane -> Poke, then farm -> Don't push lane. [This is exactly how you should play if everything is running smoothly]
To end this with fun