get
prime

Kha'Zix Build Guide by jts2

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


907K
Views
51
Comments
91
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author jts2

Kha'Zix - Hunter in the Jungle [S3]

jts2 Last updated on April 27, 2013
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
[-]
Zero47 | November 15, 2013 3:33am
This build is ridiculous.
1
[-]
BlackoutVZLA | November 10, 2013 12:07pm
criBLEED wrote:



This guy is talking rubbish. Since the nerd, kha has become far more of an assassin. Because of this, void spike is not as useful as it used to be, and in terms of utility, it's function is as more of a slow. To this affect, if you feel you want to evolve spikes, them do it last, but I personally value evolving hi sultry more as it gives you three stealth sand longer chase/escape potential.
A really unfair down vote to be honest, as this guy is clearly misinformed...


Yes, the W isn't as useful, mainly because if you're jungling you don't need lane clear (duh). It's only good in jungle to heal some hp back and do dmg, and while chasing to slow and do some dmg. Evolving last is the best way to go (I personally don't like evolving my R). The idea is to evolve Q for massive damage and then evolve E for longer jumps and also because the skill resets after an assist or kill, so you can chase multiple targets.
1
[-]
BlackoutVZLA | November 10, 2013 12:03pm
I love this build, I use it everyday. I would only replace the Magic Resist glyphs for Cooldown and have full Penetration on marks and quintessences.
1
[-]
criBLEED (3) | October 18, 2013 6:56am
1ceL1zard wrote:

Not evolving Void Spikes is one of the worst suggestions you could make to anyone. Every character has a "wave clearing" move. Kha'zix's is his "w" and once evolved at level 11 it gives you to clear entire waves. This gives you the needed pressure to split push, defend, and harass multiple opponents.


This guy is talking rubbish. Since the nerd, kha has become far more of an assassin. Because of this, void spike is not as useful as it used to be, and in terms of utility, it's function is as more of a slow. To this affect, if you feel you want to evolve spikes, them do it last, but I personally value evolving hi sultry more as it gives you three stealth sand longer chase/escape potential.
A really unfair down vote to be honest, as this guy is clearly misinformed...
1
[-]
criBLEED (3) | October 18, 2013 6:45am
I think, overall. This is a good guide. The one thing that I think you miss out is how mana hungry kha is. Moreover, I think he benefits more from spirit of the elder lizard, opposed to wriggles. Personally, I think wriggles is over rated, but that is my opinion.
I don't think this guide really explains counter jungling in a sufficient way, as the most important things with counter jungling are map awareness (which you briefly touched on) but that also includes effective warding, which a lot of people miss out! Also, timing. Timing is the most important thing in jungling all together really... For example, if you are up against a lee sin, you can assume that they are starting red. Then you can assume that the clear time would mean that they had finished red off at approximately 2:10. This means, in 5 minutes, if through map awareness, it is viable, you can go steal their red...
Another issue I had, albeit a minor one, was where you said for people to jump walls to speed up clear time. The only reason I don't agree is because this consumes a lot of mana and the cd on jump is fairly high. This means that if you waste jump to dive on wolves, it could greatly reduce the effectiveness of any gank on mid that you may need to do unexpectedly. Though to be honest, the main issue with this is mana consumption. (Obviously irrelevant if you don't give blue to your mid).
Lastly, I feel your build is overly defensive for a kha'zix build. I say this mainly because kha is a bully jungler, so by taking away his damage, you are making him quite useless. Stacking armour pen and cd reduction are pretty standard for kha, so black cleaver and last whisper are fairly mandatory. (However, I tend to rush brutaliser and then build into black clever late game if necessary).
One of the main reasons to pick kha'zix is for his potential to snowball, so I felt this build almost makes him less of a presence in a team comp, if you wanted to build tanks, kha isn't the champ to do that, you are better picking someone like nautilus or malphite.
However, all that being said, it would definitely help a new kha player, but maybe a bit strange to a more seasoned kha'zix player.

Nice guide :)
1
[-]
Ilynx (3) | July 26, 2013 10:16pm
Interesting summoner spell picks. I just can't get over not taking flash. Can work for interesting combo's with the leap.
1
[-]
3ndlessHorror | July 6, 2013 4:02am
I don't think you should evolve the spikes second. you should get the jump second for better ganks and to escape/close gaps better. Also i dont think blade of the ruined king is very useful because Kha'zix does not need attack speed. Other than that, great guide!
1
[-]
Pugsly121 | May 16, 2013 2:12pm
I read through the guide. It seems well done. I must however disagree with not evolving void spikes in game. Instead I would evolve everything except my ult, void assault. I would start by evolving my void spikes, then at level 11 I would evolve leap, and finally ending with evolving taste their fear. Although, what you evolve depends on your play style, this is just another way to play Kha'Zix.
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | April 30, 2013 7:26pm

I have a question on what spells to evolve first? I usually play Kha'Zix top and i would level the Q first, but would W be better for junglng?


Top I would say Q would be better. For jungling, I would still say Q.

The main reason is so you can counter jungle extremely well. Your 1v1 damage will skyrocket with your Q evolved early. If you don't plan on counter jungling at all (you should, but if not) you can choose to evolve Void Spike first for the ganks.
1
[-]
vinnyfraser | April 15, 2013 5:38am
I have a question on what spells to evolve first? I usually play Kha'Zix top and i would level the Q first, but would W be better for junglng?
1
[-]
noaesra (1) | March 3, 2013 7:26pm
nice guid a tip for the die-hard jungel players, try to build ka-zix a lot more as an AD then you will rock some balls off! (ps) if you do that your play style needs more as an scavenger ore a predetore!

+1 greatzz
1
[-]
GreenFrogs (40) | January 24, 2013 11:02am
If you're going to jungle with Kha'Zix, you should get your Taste Their Fear at level one because of the changes they've made to the jungle. Now the small creeps are much weaker, in fact it only takes two or three attack to kill them, so you can isolate the main creep much faster now. and because of the short cooldown on your Q, you can do a lot more DPS to the camp and clear much faster. waiting until level 3 to get your Q will significantly slow your jungle speed down.

EDIT: that said, it does not mean you should max Q. W definitely. you should also not evolve Q.
1
[-]
RaZzaDaZz | January 21, 2013 8:41am
As said before maxing W and evolving W is way better for jungle clearing / sustain in jungle / wave clearing (results in faster ganks) + great poke for 5v5 at towers midgame + the slow on all targets is unmissable and great.
Also I put in an early tear so I can give the second or third blue to my mid, depending how the game goes. (lategame muramana)
As for boots I go with either mobility (speed around jungle / ganks) or CDR (blue = for mid). Mostly if you get caught with hard CC because of bad positioning you're dead anyway. Get in, kill targets that are off position, get out.
Brutalizer is also a must for CDR and snipe dmg. After wriggle's buy a ruby crystal. Build that into either phage or Cleaver. Depending how the game goes.

As for now either build might work, depending on your playstyle I guess. Kha'zix is kinda on the OP / ban list now. Curious how it evolves.
1
[-]
Vaske | January 11, 2013 6:57am
Voted +1
With this guide I got in 7 games a 100% win ratio :)
1
[-]
Blackspoty | January 10, 2013 3:08am
Voted +1
nice build! grants sustain and damage.
1
[-]
Rixard88 | January 9, 2013 4:06pm
Voted +1
Great guide. the best one for me so far
1
[-]
Vapora Dark (434) | January 8, 2013 10:14am
Actually, Q is Kha'Zix's worst evolution. You're an assassin, you take down people from full HP. Q's evelution is only effective for executing. Taking down enemies who are already on low HP. Q is your main damage in your burst, therefore they won't be low HP until after you've used it anyway. It's extremely over-rated, and high Elo players all agree you shouldn't evolve it. Level 6 you should evolve W or E, 11 whichever you didn't evolve before, and 16 R. Q's evolution would only be good on a bruiser Kha'zix, which in itself, is bad.

Even the argument "but then if you don't kill them with the first Q, then the second one will kill them!!!" is bad. If after your burst and an extra Q they're still alive, then buddy, you're attacking the wrong guy. Any squishy that manages to survive your instant burst, will die to a second Q, evolved or not. Any extra damage goes to waste.

3 seconds of stealth and / or 40% damage reduction is way better than that.

Also, you have no effective wave clear before evolving W. Sure you can kill a creep wave with E and W instead, but then you have no escape if a Xin Zhao charges at you from the brush. Or a Lee Sin, or an Amumu, or a Maokai, etc.
1
[-]
GamrMan11 (2) | January 5, 2013 7:01am
Lucorian5 wrote:



Wow. Ok yes, evolving Void Spike LAST is a good idea for the huge damage it gives by that point. But to max it SECOND over Void Assault or Taste Their Fear is completely ******ed. Especially when you say to do it for "wave clearing', abysmally terrible reason to downvote in my opinion.


This is a GREAT POINT!! Of all the Evolution options, Void Spike is the most worthless, sure it can get chasing enemies off of you, but clearing minions waves? A Leap with Void Spike (unevolved) combo generally COMPLETELY clears minion waves by level 11 or 12.

Likewise, Taste Their Fear's damage output is probably greater than any other Champion when evolved and 1v1 and if going invisible twice was good, three times is even better with Evolved Camouflage.

I'm with Lucorian5 on this one, this guide is great, and just because it doesn't match your evolution prefrence doesn't mean you should vote it down... Everyone plays Kha'Zix differently!
1
[-]
Lucorian5 (65) | January 4, 2013 3:04pm
1ceL1zard wrote:

Not evolving Void Spikes is one of the worst suggestions you could make to anyone. Every character has a "wave clearing" move. Kha'zix's is his "w" and once evolved at level 11 it gives you to clear entire waves. This gives you the needed pressure to split push, defend, and harass multiple opponents.


Wow. Ok yes, evolving Void Spike LAST is a good idea for the huge damage it gives by that point. But to max it SECOND over Void Assault or Taste Their Fear is completely ******ed. Especially when you say to do it for "wave clearing', abysmally terrible reason to downvote in my opinion.
1
[-]
1ceL1zard | January 3, 2013 10:51pm
Voted -1
Not evolving Void Spikes is one of the worst suggestions you could make to anyone. Every character has a "wave clearing" move. Kha'zix's is his "w" and once evolved at level 11 it gives you to clear entire waves. This gives you the needed pressure to split push, defend, and harass multiple opponents.
1
[-]
Lucorian5 (65) | January 1, 2013 10:37am
countering the troll.
1
[-]
Lucorian5 (65) | January 1, 2013 10:36am
Vignus wrote:

Decent build although I don't like the item choices. Not too open


ignore this guy, he's been downvoting all the Kha'Zix guides to try to get his own higher. But that won't happen because its pretty much terrible :). Just your average troll at work.
1
[-]
Meiyjhe (520) | December 24, 2012 9:31am
Voted +1
Already commented
1
[-]
Meiyjhe (520) | December 24, 2012 9:31am
Already commented
1
[-]
Meiyjhe (520) | December 24, 2012 9:31am
Vignus wrote:

Decent build although I don't like the item choices. Not too open


Thats just mean to downvote someone for only that reason.
There is also something called: not voting :P

I will vote up because I believe this guide works just fine :D
-Meiyjhe
1
[-]
Vignus (1) | December 24, 2012 9:29am
Voted -1
Decent build although I don't like the item choices. Not too open
1
[-]
Mathmos3 (36) | December 23, 2012 10:38pm
Voted +1
I said I wouldn't vote, but I think you deserve to have an upvote cause of the the 'I don't like Frozen Mallet so I downvote' troll. Cheers!
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | December 23, 2012 4:23pm
FreezeSoul wrote:

Why you build a Frozen Mallet O.o

For the health and slow? And for the synergy with Atma's Impaler.

Read the guide next time and you'd know that.
1
[-]
FreezeSoul | December 23, 2012 5:29am
Voted -1
Why you build a Frozen Mallet O.o
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | December 18, 2012 4:39pm

Great guide, the only thing I don't understand is why you put a point in Summoner's Insight when you're running smite/ignite, it's a minor detail other than that i follow the masteries/build in most situations.

Thank you for pointing this out, changed. I didn't even notice!
1
[-]
capncrunch89 | December 17, 2012 2:45pm
Great guide, the only thing I don't understand is why you put a point in Summoner's Insight when you're running smite/ignite, it's a minor detail other than that i follow the masteries/build in most situations.
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | December 16, 2012 12:17pm
Mathmos3 wrote:



Ahh yeah it slightly is, isn't it? But I'm about to change the whole thing for season 3 anyway. And yea this is a pretty cool guide I do say, but I shall not be voting.

Yeah, this wasn't intentional. I had been building Kha'Zix this way since I first starting playing him, without the guide.
1
[-]
Heavenzdead | December 14, 2012 3:59pm
Voted +1
Really liked your guid!
1
[-]
Mathmos3 (36) | December 13, 2012 9:38pm
Quoted:

dormant wrote:

For me too similar to #1 guide...

The items, maybe.

I didn't realize this until I was very close to being done with this guide.


Ahh yeah it slightly is, isn't it? But I'm about to change the whole thing for season 3 anyway. And yea this is a pretty cool guide I do say, but I shall not be voting.
1
[-]
Arachnes | December 13, 2012 3:59am
Voted +1
I think this is one of the best Ka'Zix guides =)
1
[-]
K3VINDee (5) | December 12, 2012 6:26pm
Omqq everywhere I see, evolving Void Spike gets no love...
1
[-]
Mervinose | December 12, 2012 11:26am
Voted +1
Nice Guide at first,
never tried but looks fantastic, im hobbyreader so...
could you reffer to new possibilities, because ingame everythings new, but at least very nice:D
1
[-]
Mervinose | December 12, 2012 11:26am
Nice Guide at first,
never tried but looks fantastic, im hobbyreader so...
could you reffer to new possibilities, because ingame everythings new, but at least very nice:D
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | December 10, 2012 10:43am
dormant wrote:

For me too similar to #1 guide...

The items, maybe.

I didn't realize this until I was very close to being done with this guide.
1
[-]
dormant | December 10, 2012 1:31am
Voted -1
For me too similar to #1 guide...
1
[-]
vHakii | December 6, 2012 5:31am
Voted +1
very good^^
1
[-]
vHakii | December 6, 2012 5:31am
very good^^
1
[-]
PhoenixSD | December 5, 2012 9:13pm
Voted +1
Very accurate and extremely helpful, thanks man!!
1
[-]
Yorrak | December 4, 2012 3:41pm
Voted +1
Great guide for jungeling. Like the idea with "Void spikes" for first attack. It's much more easier than "Taste their fear" for begin.
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | December 3, 2012 10:32pm
KooFs wrote:

Great over all guide theres one thing i want to ask is that why did you get Demolitionist in your masteries?

Simply incase you kill a lane and want to push the tower with whoever is in that lane.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
1
[-]
DarkAkumaLord (61) | December 3, 2012 6:26pm
Voted +1
This was ALWAYS my favorite way of evolving and the jungle (well maybe not the w) :/
Nice guide overall, but needs more info for counter-jungling/countering counter-jungling. What happens if you meet a Jax in the jungle? Yeah... to me he's screwed against Jax (to explain I WILL TELL A STORY AND YOU WILL LISTEN).
There was this one time, a Katarina was fed. I was Jax killed her behind her 2nd turret and got out with oh 1/3 of my health? Recalling, a wild non jungler (but at 2/3 health +) kha tried to kill me. I thought I would lose. I was wrong, Empower OVER AND OVER killed him. You see... You need to know who he can deal with (maybe someone like *laughs* Rengar Idk if he really does) and who he cant ( Rengar xD). How good is he at counter-jungling and how good is he at countering counter-jungling. Like you think OH IF HES GOOD AT COUNTERING THEN HE SHOULD BE GOOD AT REGULAR COUNTER-JUNGLING RIGHT? Nope. For example, Shaco EXCELS at counter-jungling and fails hard at countering counter-jungling (or was it the other way around...?) Yeah those things... OH and sight wards placings and more alternate item choices. Yeah thanks for reading this, this is my 236 cents on this guide. Thanks for reading this (again I say thanks and use () a lot!).
P.S. This is the longest comment I wrote like ANYWHERE, if not at least on Mobafire it is.
1
[-]
KooFs (8) | December 3, 2012 6:20pm
Voted +1
Great over all guide theres one thing i want to ask is that why did you get Demolitionist in your masteries?
1
[-]
Da_Fridge (6) | December 3, 2012 10:19am
Voted +1
Good Guide overall, some things that bug me:

1. The Brutalizer is an item made to snowball. If you take it after 20 minutes, then you are kinda wasting it since your opponents will get items to cancel it out.

2. You mention Randuin's Omen exactly 0 times in your guide. It's an amazing item. I would actually consider it core instead of the Atma's Impaler. Less Damage for more tankiness and sticking power.

3. Nothing should replace a Guardian Angel on any assassin that jumps into teams. It makes them burst someone else instead of you or else your team SHOULD win the fight because you will just come back up.

4. Really, on Kha'Zix, Wriggle's Lantern is optional. You can get away without it unless you are going to counterjungle, then it's core.

Obviously, this guide (Due to the Hall of Fame pic) isn't considered for ranked. Really, it COULD be with a few tweaks. But once again, these are just small things that bug me, and are not, by any means, poisonous to the guide.

+1
1
[-]
jts2 (15) | December 3, 2012 8:12am
Sandoxio wrote:

Nice guide +1.
Can u tell more of the choises of boots? are Attack speed and Cd boots available?
Who are ka zix counters? What is the best combo for fighting/ganking?
I kinda mess up the ult sometimes, can you describe how to use it?

Sure! I will add more information today.
1
[-]
bouseherb | December 3, 2012 5:59am
Being a main Kha'zix jungler your build has merit first you will want to trade the wriggles for something better late game second armada isn't the best item unless you stack warmongs third Kha'zix is more dependent on blue then red and lastly pre-6 Kha'zix is not the best ganker and duelist and is mediocre at best also for masterys I would recommed takeing out the utility and putting more into offense and defense because the buff speed less time dead and recall aren't important to Kha'zix.
1
[-]
Sandoxio (9) | December 3, 2012 4:47am
Voted +1
Nice guide +1.
Can u tell more of the choises of boots? are Attack speed and Cd boots available?
Who are ka zix counters? What is the best combo for fighting/ganking?
I kinda mess up the ult sometimes, can you describe how to use it?