Kha'Zix Build Guide by thatsnotmypirate
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
- ThatsNotMyPirate's Aatrox - Blade of Blood
- ThatsNotMyPirate's Quinn - New ADC Breed
- ThatsNotMyPirate's Lucian - Abilities Based ADC Build
- ThatsNotMyPirate's Draven - AD Carry
- Nocturne - Power Overwhelming - Lane and Jungle
- Talon - The Noxian Assassin (Season 3)
- ThatsNotMyPirate's Yasuo Mid/Top - Swift as the Wind
- Jinx S4 - Pew Pew **Video Guide**
- ThatsNotMyPirate's Jungle Trundle - How to get to Platinum!
- Xerath Reborn!! - [Rework Build] - Rank Quad Kill Video
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Been a while since I made a Guide and my fans have asked me to so here it is!
Kha'zix is the newest Assassin to enter the League of Legends. His over all skill level is pretty basic so anyone will be able to pick him up pretty easily. He is a great hero to pick up if your new to the assassin role or solo top.
In my guild I will teach you trikes, and help you understand how you should build him. As with all my guides, this is only to help you learn him. Every game will be different and will call for different items so feel free to play him as you wish to and I hope my guide helps you get started.
Pros / Cons
+ Pretty easy for anyone to play.
+ Great solo top with his w heal
+ Amazing build damage with q
+ Ultimate makes you and another ability stronger
+ Steal is very fun to use and great ganks.
- Low Hp early game can sometime leave you out matched top lane
- Need to know when to roam and when to lane
- You will be a target in team fights
- E has a long cooldown and short range in till evolved
- Late game your damage can fall off with other team is really tanky
Flash is a great spell for getting into range for a kill, or getting away. Still one of the most powerful spells in the game.
Ignite Great for picking up the kill. As an assassin you want to get in and get out as fast as you can.
Exhaust Another great spell. This can help you solo someone because it lowers their damage. Also help you stay on someone trying to get away. Also good for if they flash after, they will still be slowed enough for you to get in range again.
Heal I like this spell more on an AD range Carry. But it can work, you can bait someone into attacking you when you have low HP, I'd get a point into Summoner's Resolve if your going to get this. But I feel Ignite and Exhaust are better for Kha'Zix.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - Flat Ad runes are just so so good. A good early game will carry you into a great late game, so Flat AD runes is the way to go.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage - Work great when put together with Strength Quintessence. The Flat AD will also help you last hit if your not very good at it yet.
Greater Seal of Armor - This is to protect you early game. Remember that your goal for early game is money and leveling up. You want to stay in lane as long as you can and armor seals help with that.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - This is great for late game. Most AP carries snowball so you want the most Magic resist you can late game.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - If you feel like you need more magic resist early game, then you can pick this over shielding. But because your Soloing top, most like you will need armor more.
Brute Force - Not a whole lot of AD, but early game you want to take as much flat AD as you can. This will help with last hitting
Butcher - Just to help a bit with last hitting
Alacrity - The 4% will help with last hitting, and the better your CS, the better your late game
Sorcery - Why this one? Your Q is your main damage, so you need to have as much cooldown as you can have to spam it. This mastery is super helpful
Deadliness - Your an assassin so you should be getting all the AD you can get
Weapon Expertise - 10% armor penetration is so good early game, must get.
Sunder - Flat Armor pen will just give you that much more damage early game. Good early games means a good late game!
Executioner - This mastery is amazing with your Q after you evolve it. Low HP targets will be eaten alive with your amazing burst.
Resistance - Only 1 point because if your top laning, most likely you won't need magic resist
Hardiness - This will work great with your runes to keep you pretty hard to kill early game.
Durability - No better feeling then having a good bit of HP. This will help out during late game.
Veteran's Scars - 30 Hp doesn't seem like a lot, but early game its kind of huge. I love this mastery and it's great for early game.
Taste Their Fear This is your bread and butter. It is worth noting that you may want to not use it in some cases in till they are Isolated. The huge game is worth waiting for. When waiting in bushes someone to come by, Hit and auto attack first, then follow up with Q for the most out of this skill. This is the skill you should Evolve first
Leap This is your ganking/escaping skill. This is the skill you should Evolve 2nd. Why 2nd? Because its range is so large that even flash can't get out of its range. It also gives you most utility. You can jump in for a kill then jump right out with its cool-down refreshed.
Void Spike Amazing for staying in lane. If you are getting pushed out of the lane I would level this up 2nd if you need to. I tend not to Evolve this skill. The slow,farm and heal is good with this, but I just feel you get more out of Leveling up the other three skills.
Void Assault As with all ultimates, max it as soon as you can. I Evolve this skill last. This gives you even more utility. It can make you super hard to get a hold off if you are good at juking. This will making you so annoying late game.
Here are a list of items you should think about using. Remember, all games are different and call for different items. Being good in LoL is learning how to build your hero for each game. Something I want everyone to understand and learn in all my guides.
- Q is spawmable so this can really help ramp up your damage. With your passive, Q, then sheen you can really burst someone down.
- I feel this is a great late game item to finish out your build. Gives you good armor and AD with frozen, and if you got warmogs it will be even stronger.
- Really good for a spell caster heavy team or CC teams. It gives good magic resist and HP. The Spell shield is amazing. It will make the other team think twice before attacking you head on.
- Great item. I like to sell[[the brutalizer] late game, but you could upgrade it if you will you need it. The cooldown, armor pen and crit is pretty nice to, but its the active that makes this item good. Leaping on to some and they are still outrunning you? Pop the speed boost active and stay on them longer, more you hit them, the longer it lasts.
- One of the most underrated items in the game. It is Cheap, High Magic resist, and active gets rid of all debuffes, Suppression, and summoner spells. It can even stop Mord and Malz ult. Great if your against a fed mord or malz.
This can be good late game, even more with Atma's Impaler. You are an assassin so I tend not to get this. But lets say its a 40 min game. Your damage can fall off and you will need to fill a more tanky role for your team.
- Very good vs magic teams. Give you attack speed and more magic resist. This is a good item against AP heavy teams, don't be afraid to build items like Maw of Malmortius and wits end to counter AP heavy teams.
- An underrated item. Gives you good attack damage and crit for early game. But most importantly it gives you just as much tenacity as Mercs do. Tenacity doesn't stack so only get this item if you didn't get Mercs, but if your having problems with CC heavy teams, this item can help out alot. Sadly it is to be sold late game. I'd only buy this item if your having problem early game with cc.
- Amazing for any team that has healers or people with life steal or HP Regen. This is one of my favorite items because you can use its active every 20 seconds. It really does feel good to throw this on Dr.Mundo when he uses his ult.
My Other Guides